+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Chikezie Eze - Season 7

Re: Chikezie Eze - Season 7

It Chikezie does go it will be totally due to the Judges steering the votes because the boy was excellent last night.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2869951;
    It Chikezie does go it will be totally due to the Judges steering the votes because the boy was excellent last night.
    Agree, there is no way he deserves to be in the bottom 3. He sang well.

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

I agree, Trigerusty. There have been popular contestants and performances on Idol before that were every bit as much "old school" and "cheesy" as Chikezie's last night. Ruben Studdard was lauded for sounding like Luther Vandross. Many of the women have also wowed the judges with that type of soul/r&b ballad. And don't even get me started on David Archuleta's cheese factor. Chikezie has an awesome voice and brings a lot more personality and energy to the stage than most Idol contestants. He's one of the few this year who doesn't put me to sleep.

I just think TPTB have their minds made up that he's not the "type" they want to win this year. I think they'd prefer David Archuleta or even Jason to win it, based on music style, demographics, etc. So they've been gunning for Chikezie ever since the finals began.

But since when have they been even-handed in their performance appraisals.

The ray of hope for me is that I tried to vote for Chickezie last night and kept getting busy signals.

He has no chance of winning, but I'd like him to stick around longer than Kristy and Ramiele and even Michael Johns. (I'd be delighted if David Archuleta exited soon, but that's not gonna happen.)

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2869465;
    Chuck E Cheesy is back, unfortunately. I foresee doom. Soon.
    What counts now, is that he will be on the tour.

I hate it when the judges try to steer the audiences by bad critiques when the contestant has performed well.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I agree with you all. Chikezie gave a lovely performance last night, and is one of the three that I'm voting for. He definitely doesn't deserve the criticism he's gotten from the judges and doesn't deserve to leave yet. I'm crossing my fingers that he stays this week.

I hate it when the judges try to steer the audiences by bad critiques when the contestant has performed well.[/QUOTE]

The judges seem to steer alot this season with Chikezie. More than usuall I think. They have told more than one person to sing a certain way or change something about their performance. So he comes out doing something he likes and wants to do and the judges slam him for it.
    Same way with Kristy Lee. They hinted that country might be great for her. So she came out with a country Beatles vibe, and they slammed her for it.
    They are danged if they do and danged if they dont

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2870149;
    I agree with you all. Chikezie gave a lovely performance last night, and is one of the three that I'm voting for. He definitely doesn't deserve the criticism he's gotten from the judges and doesn't deserve to leave yet. I'm crossing my fingers that he stays this week.
    While technically good, Chikezie lacked the charisma he had in the last two weeks. He showed no personality at all.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient City;2870286;
    While technically good, Chikezie lacked the charisma he had in the last two weeks. He showed no personality at all.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Tuesday night, that was the real Chikezie.
    That was the music that fits him.
    Not that manic music that R,P,S want to force on him.

Whaddaya know?
    People don't know whats good anymore.

+ Reply to Thread