+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Carly Smithson - Season 7

Re: Carly Smithson - Season 7

Carly Smithson aka Carly Hennessy is a semi-pro. She has been discovered and she flopped. With her she brought down the record label that invested in her. FYI, she has a music video...that's better than Taylor Hicks. Do a search on Youtube for her videos and you'll see. Her singles were "I'm Gonna Blow Your Mind", "Beautiful You" and "Just Missed The Train" which was also sung by Kelly Clarkson. If you want to buy her album, it's sold on Amazon for 9 cents.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 02-25-2008 at 02:35 AM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2810383;
    But that's hardly unique to her. If you include reality show appearances, Star Search, and recording contracts, 9 or 10 of the Top 24 have already been discovered to some extent. Where do you draw the line?
    I don't draw the line -American Idol does. They've said she (and all the others) are within the guidelines, and I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2811072;
    I don't draw the line -American Idol does. They've said she (and all the others) are within the guidelines, and I'm fine with it.
    Though I am not blown away by her that is exactly where I stand to!

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2811072;

We (the fans) can't ask for "real talent" and then say boo hoo when contestants come along who have been singing/recording already...they are the ones who obviously are commited to the process...and are truly the talented ones...we dont need anymore Sanjia's ....

I'm late watching AI this year, so the first time I heard Carly was last week. Despite her bronchitis, I became a fan instantly. I loved her nuance and inflection. She managed to pepper that song with several different "colors" of tone. I remember hearing that song when I was a kid, and I thought she did a very good job in bringing out its evocative qualities. For AI contestants, expressing emotion vocally is usually the biggest challenge.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

[QUOTE=Kresge;2807561;I'm not really liking her either and can't seem to put my finger on "why"........she can certainly sing and seems nice enough, but for some reason I'm just not "connecting" with her.:{]

For me, I think, it's the oft-shown clip of Simon telling Carly during the search week that her audition was not as good as last year's and her eyes just bug out as if she's saying, "You've got to be kidding me!?!"
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

[QUOTE=Ancient City;2814601;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2807561;I'm not really liking her either and can't seem to put my finger on "why"........she can certainly sing and seems nice enough, but for some reason I'm just not "connecting" with her.:{

For me, I think, it's the oft-shown clip of Simon telling Carly during the search week that her audition was not as good as last year's and her eyes just bug out as if she's saying, "You've got to be kidding me!?!"

Hmmmm.......I'd forgotten about that.

For some reason she just doesn't evoke any emotion from me when she sings.......so while she is technically a good singer, I find her "forgettable".

ST Augustine???? ~ Two thumbs up on "Go Gators"!

AI makes their rules. Why should their pasts matter to us at this point (Hicks had several CD's before winning ... so did Chris Fox (Sligh)). We should simply be voting on who is the best. She's one of them (maybe not THE best yet, but one of them).

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;2816951;
    AI makes their rules. Why should their pasts matter to us at this point (Hicks had several CD's before winning ... so did Chris Fox (Sligh)). We should simply be voting on who is the best. She's one of them (maybe not THE best yet, but one of them).

ITA ~ add Bo Bice, Carrie Underwood, and probably a whole lot of others to that list.

Okay, she probably is the best - technically. Great voice, nice girl . . but leaves me cold. I just can't see her winning this. Maybe its the tatoo that turns me off or her performance, I don't know, but she just doesn't do it for me.

+ Reply to Thread