+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Carly Smithson - Season 7

Re: Carly Smithson - Season 7

I found it particularly annoying to see these twits moving their arms back and forth during ALW songs. I doubt many even knew who he was or what his music was all about. Hell, some of the singers didn't even know what the music was about!

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2946747;
    They're pretty much all picked to stand there and wave their hands to the music, clap and scream and give the impression that the show is the most exciting thing on earth.
    I guess thats a Hollywood thing.
    The clapping and waving in front of the judges is so distracting.

I'd probably end up in the last row, cause emotional outbreaks are so not me.
    Some doofus comes outside the studio before the show, and goes...
    "are you excited"!!!
    And I'm like "are you serious"?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Recent photo shoot:

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Nice pics. I have been listening to her Ultimate High album to get over her departure.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

So, is the album good?

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2945381;
    I dont understand how Carly can be criticized over Castro, either. The guy can't hold a candle to her voice, let alone her attire or looks.
    I think it's all in what you enjoy listening. I like Carly, but she could get a bit screamy and I'm not all that into the glory notes. Jason has a nice, folksy voice and I like folk music. Therefore, I would really rather listen to Jason. His dreads don't bother me a bit, and neither does Carly's tatoo.

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2946183;
    I'd have been more impressed with the interview if there'd been any acknowledgment that Carly needed to learn anything during the Idol experience. More than half the time, the exit interviews are charming and humble.
    I found her exit interview to be incredibly grateful and humble. She was extremely thankful to have made it as far as she did. ANd, she has nothing to be ashamed of--she did a wonderful job on that stage--and thankfully will get a recording contract and my guess is she will do better than a lot of them that are left. I absolutely adored Carly, and was upset that she left -- but I can't be upset when she is happy about her experience, and isn't upset or angry herself. So, I'm happy for my irish girl.

I think all the contestants are talented in their own right, but there is just one that is left that has a chance at real success--and I mean longterm success. That person is David COok. He is original, he is an excellent singer, and he knows who he is artistically--I think that he, Michael Johns, and Carly will flourish after idol. The others I don't feel have the marketability in the music industry today--

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2949572;
    So, is the album good?
    I've heard one track from it ("I'm Gonna Blow Your Mind") and I personally found it extremely catchy.

I saw couple of videos on Youtube of Carly with her natural curly hair. She looks adorable!

And, I listened to a few songs from her old album. I think her problem was her image didn't match her songs at all. When you look at her, she has this rock'n roll thing going on, but her songs are sweet pop songs. If one turns the volume down, s/he would never guess the song Carly was singing. I think this is a big mistake when launching a newcomer's career. I think she should have chosen more rock songs, and go for that. It's more her niche.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I see Carly in the same vein as Heart, her favorite band. She would be incredible singing those types of songs. I look forward to her CD.

+ Reply to Thread