+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Carly Smithson - Season 7

Re: Carly Smithson - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2945381;
    I dont understand how Carly can be criticized over Castro, either. The guy can't hold a candle to her voice, let alone her attire or looks.
    I think Jason is way better-dressed and better-looking than Carly ever was. He can't glory-note the way she can for sure, but he can hold his own.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2946168;
    I think Jason is way better-dressed and better-looking than Carly ever was. He can't glory-note the way she can for sure, but he can hold his own.
    Hey, Carly herself in her interview blames her being voted off on the guys being cuter than she is and the voters being primarily women who vote our hormones. Who are we to argue with her?

How like her to blame the guys! Maybe she just isn't all that, huh missy Carly, ever consider that?

I do agree though. If they were to kick off Brooke and Syesha right now and let the guys battle it out I would have very little issue with that.
    2003-2008.

I'd have been more impressed with the interview if there'd been any acknowledgment that Carly needed to learn anything during the Idol experience. More than half the time, the exit interviews are charming and humble.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;2945662;
    Carly wasn't my favorite but she was one of them. I'm sorry to see her go especially when weaker singers and performers are still there (Jason & Brooke).
    ITA! Carly has an amazing voice. Jason's cute and has a decent voice. Brooke is cute and has a quality, but she hits alot of bad notes. Not a contender, IMO.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2946172;
    Hey, Carly herself in her interview blames her being voted off on the guys being cuter than she is and the voters being primarily women who vote our hormones. Who are we to argue with her?
    I'd submit the females in the AI7 mosh pit as exhibit A to support her argument.

I wouldn't take the "females in the AI7 mosh pit" as strong evidence, especially after reading the report hypnoboy wrote after going to a live show. Everyone in the audience (men and women) are made to shriek and act fangirly repeatedly before the show even begins. They're pretty much all picked to stand there and wave their hands to the music, clap and scream and give the impression that the show is the most exciting thing on earth. I believe other people have also confirmed that older people (who are less able to scream, I suppose?) are put in a separate section, far away from the stage and the mosh pit.

Wouldn't put it past TPTB to instruct the girls to scream more when David A. walks out, either! They've pimped him in so many other ways! I don't think all girls think he's so fine. (If they do, well.... uhhh... )
    Last edited by Tickety; 04-25-2008 at 06:43 AM.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2946747;
    I believe other people have also confirmed that older people (who are less able to scream, I suppose?) are put in a separate section, far away from the stage and the mosh pit.
    I'm 57 and I can scream pretty darn good. Just ask my employees.
    I don't believe it's less able to scream, more less likely to scream. Also those selected to stand there are probably going to the show hoping to be there whereas I would be hoping to be far, far away from the screamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2946168;
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I don't think Carly was especially attractive, but even at THAT, she's better looking than Jason.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2946747;
    I believe other people have also confirmed that older people (who are less able to scream, I suppose?) are put in a separate section, far away from the stage and the mosh pit.
    It's more like "cute" and "young" go up front where the camera will catch them, "old" and not so "cute" get placed further back.

+ Reply to Thread