+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Carly Smithson - Season 7

Re: Carly Smithson - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2944299;
    I'm here.
    As BoBoFan would put it, the clown is gone.

Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey is still sitting by the phone waiting for her call.

Quote Originally Posted by RustySax;2944333;
    Would Carly have been more appealing to you if she'd not had her visa problems back in Season 5 when she first tried out & w/o the big tat?
    Carly would have been more appealing without the tat, yes, both in Season 5 and this season. I think it did nothing for her. However, that's not saying a lot because I don't think she's facially appealing at all. I know this isn't a beauty pageant but I like to like what I see on TV, and her face I do not like. When they were rolling the goodbye tape of Carly, I seriously cringed watching the very first portion when they show her tearing up, golden ticket in hand. She's not pretty to me. I know others think she is gorgeous. I think she's not.

The visa problems aren't really an issue with me. If she had gone through in Season 5 performing the way she does now, I still wouldn't have liked her. She cannot perform as well as the others can (this week seemed to be the exception), and she doesn't have any natural charm or likeability, like Jason or Brooke (from my point-of-view).

ETA: Carly's personality. I have issues with this too. I won't go into detail because some of it comes from an article I read on VFTW (I'll address it later on the VFTW thread. I know it sounds like an incredulous source of information but I did do my research and check up on the stuff they wrote.) For one thing, though, she's put what I consider utterly stupid / tactless answers on her official Q & A section of the official site. (The Idols answer 5 questions each week.) One of them was even removed afterwards because it was so... wrong. She also breathes desperation. Generally, she just isn't right to me.
    Last edited by Tickety; 04-24-2008 at 12:12 PM.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2944070;
    Carly definitely got robbed. She had an amazing night. This is a singing competition, not a popularity contest. I hope she goes on to a wonderful career
    You're funny.

If it was a singing competition, they would be judged and sent home based on their scores.

Instead, they are voted on by the public. If that isn't a popularity contest ... what is?

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2944255;
    Personally, I'm very glad I won't have to endure watching Carly perform two songs next week. In fact, I won't have to watch her ever, ever again
    You've always had that option.

If they ever make another sequel to "Sister Act",
    she can play one of the nuns.
    Sister Kilkenny.

But Unklescott, if I didn't watch her performances, how else could I criticize her? Well... I could still have talked about her bad clothing choices, but there's only so much one can make out of a disgusting dress...
    2003-2008.

What I don't understand is how one can criticize Carly based on her tat yet not criticize Jason for his nasty dreads. I'd rather pet a rat than touch what seems like a dirty, flea-infested bird nest.

I think that her situation was a classic case of people not voting for her because they thought that she was safe after her performance (thankfully I voted for her) wither that or I actually think that the lyrics in her song may have turned some people away from voting for her. When I first heard that the song she was singing had the words "Jesus Christ" I actually thought it was a mix since religion seems to be so different among people. Either way I'm sad to see such talent leave the competition, but at least she left on a good performnace and she knows that she did a great job and got unlucky, to me it would make it a tiny bit easier.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2944508;
    What I don't understand is how one can criticize Carly based on her tat yet not criticize Jason for his nasty dreads. I'd rather pet a rat than touch what seems like a dirty, flea-infested bird nest.
    I dont understand how Carly can be criticized over Castro, either. The guy can't hold a candle to her voice, let alone her attire or looks.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Carly wasn't my favorite but she was one of them. I'm sorry to see her go especially when weaker singers and performers are still there (Jason & Brooke).

+ Reply to Thread