+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke White - Season 7

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Brooke White - Season 7

I loved her performance last night. Best of the night by a mile. Hope she sticks around
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

She is my favorite - a lovely woman with a lot of class and a great voice.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2816432;
    I really like Brooke too! She reminds me of a Carly Simon, Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Sheryl Crow kind of person. She's such a breath of fresh air this season.
    ITA....perfectly said!

FORT Fan

In your opinion, do you think Brooke should try to break out and try other styles of songs. We all know she's great at Carly Simon easy listening music, but she might find it difficult in doing other styles of songs.

Should she be true to what she knows, or try something different in order to impress the audience?

I REALLY hated her after week one, and hoped she'd go home. Now I'm glad she didn't. I don't know how far Carly Simon and Carole King songs can get you, but I like hearing them. I don't think she should win, but I hope she makes it to the tour at least.

Quote Originally Posted by felix;2817079;
    In your opinion, do you think Brooke should try to break out and try other styles of songs. We all know she's great at Carly Simon easy listening music, but she might find it difficult in doing other styles of songs.

Should she be true to what she knows, or try something different in order to impress the audience?
    Personally, I think contestants are danged if the do and danged if they don't......all hinges on whether or not the judges like you.

If she tries something else, she runs the risk of hearing the "staying true to yourself" or the "you have to know where your money is" speech from the judges.

If she sticks to what she does best, then she runs of the risk of hearing the "you need to show versatility", or "You're playing it safe and I want to see you take a risk" speech.

The judges send such mixed messages that it's hard for these kids to know WHAT to do.

Not necessarily a fan, but i think her performance this week was the most believable of the whole group.
    Talking about the mentioned perfect song choice.

Beatles Week suggestion:

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I hope Brooke can show more singing range that she already has, she's good but needs to hit some high, low and long notes, it she can pull this off she will advance to the final 3 or 4.

She has one of the weakest voice in the competition, You're so vain was so unexciting and mediocre.

+ Reply to Thread