+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke White - Season 7

Re: Brooke White - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by felix;2805939;
    I think there has been an over-emphasis on loud "Diva" singers and Rockers in the music industry. What about the Easy Listening Carly Simon music fans? They've been ignore for way too long.

Which is why I want Brooke to be a success. Her personality fits this niche perfectly.
    I agree Felix. Loved her song last night. She stood out as "sunny" (translated from Simon's saying she was so yellow) among the others! His dishwashing reference was funny too!!!

I love Brooke!

Simon: So I guess you're going to be this nice all the way through the season? (in reference to Brooke's "dare" to bring her over to the dark side)
    Brooke: Is that okay with you?

2003-2008.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

I hate that she's not going to be on the show for long. This format will never reward an adult alternative performer who doesn't shout big notes to impress the kidlets.

She seems to have a good sense of humor as well. As such, she's doomed to the same fate that befell Leslie Hunt last season. If Sarah McLachlan herself were on this show, she'd be out before the finals began.

They should rename this show, "Loud American Idol: Here, Have some Tylenol."
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog;2807070;
    I hate that she's not going to be on the show for long. This format will never reward an adult alternative performer who doesn't shout big notes to impress the kidlets.

She seems to have a good sense of humor as well. As such, she's doomed to the same fate that befell Leslie Hunt last season. If Sarah McLachlan herself were on this show, she'd be out before the finals began.

They should rename this show, "Loud American Idol: Here, Have some Tylenol."
    I agree with your LOUD references, one only has to listen to the praise of Syesha for instance, but I believe Brooke will be around for a long time. I'd say at least Top 6.

FORT Fan

I was thinking about the Top 12.

Don't get me wrong, I'll love to see her in the Top 6 but I am trying not to get my hopes up. AI just doesn't reward Singers of Brooke's type.

Not flashy enough, I guess.

Still, I love Brooke! I am looking forward to her in the weeks ahead. She's a refreshing difference.

Carly Simon suits her ~ great song choice tonight!

FORT Fan

Did you notice Brooke was the only one to thank the band supporting her? That was a really gracious gesture.

Best of the night for me. Go Brooke.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I don't know if she was the best but that song suited her and I definitely enjoyed it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I really like Brooke too! She reminds me of a Carly Simon, Joni Mitchell, Carole King, Sheryl Crow kind of person. She's such a breath of fresh air this season.

+ Reply to Thread