+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Brooke White - Season 7

Re: Brooke White - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2940901;
    Brooke, Brooke, Brooke. I just want to give her a hug!
    So do I!

I'm actually quite surprised Brooke wasn't in the bottom 2 last night. What was more of a shock was that CARLY was in the bottom 2..
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

There was a part of me that thought that Brooke would get such a huge sympathy vote that it would pull her through. I was just sorry to see that Jason got the same thing and that two women who had great performances ended up in the bottom 2.

Given her nerves and lack of polish, if Brooke were to win (which I don't think she would) I see her as being a Rueben type winner who would look at all the demands on her life that taking the next step would mean and say "I don't want to do that". So a win from her would be a bit of a waste. It's time for her to go, but as much as she pouts and cries, I'm wondering just how many weeks of sympathy votes pulling her through we'll have to endure.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar

Why did she say that it was the first time she did that (stop the song and start over) on this show, when it was the second time?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy;2944071;
    Why did she say that it was the first time she did that (stop the song and start over) on this show, when it was the second time?
    It was the first time she forgot the lyrics and I think that's what she was referring to. Last time her hands weren't on the piano correctly or something.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2944078;
    It was the first time she forgot the lyrics and I think that's what she was referring to. Last time her hands weren't on the piano correctly or something.
    ahh, I see. Thanks for the explanation. But it seems like splitting hairs on her part. She is the only one who has ever stopped the song and started over, regardless of the reason, and I agree with Paula that it was unprofessional. It is a bad habit. She should have faked that part to keep the song flowing. The show must go on!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2944004;
    Given her nerves and lack of polish, if Brooke were to win (which I don't think she would) I see her as being a Rueben type winner who would look at all the demands on her life that taking the next step would mean and say "I don't want to do that". So a win from her would be a bit of a waste. It's time for her to go, but as much as she pouts and cries, I'm wondering just how many weeks of sympathy votes pulling her through we'll have to endure.
    The machine's gotten smarter over the years, though. If they're going to do anything with her as a professional recording artist -- and now that she's survived to Top 5, they probably will -- they almost have to see that she gets whatever training or practice she needs to be more pulled together on stage. These are all learnable skills.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy;2944092;
    ahh, I see. Thanks for the explanation. But it seems like splitting hairs on her part. She is the only one who has ever stopped the song and started over, regardless of the reason, and I agree with Paula that it was unprofessional. It is a bad habit. She should have faked that part to keep the song flowing. The show must go on!

Oh I completely agree with you. At this stage in the competition forgetting your lyrics is a big no no. On previous years, the contestants would get slammed by all 3 judges. Don't get me wrong, I like her BUT she can't keep doing this
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy;2944092;
    She is the only one who has ever stopped the song and started over...
    Like, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2944130;
    Like, who cares.
    I don't particularly care. I once went to a Gordon Lightfoot concert, and at that time he had been touring for probably 30 years. At one point he came to a complete stop, said "What the hell was that?" and started over. I don't recall anyone making a great hue and cry about it.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread