+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Brooke White - Season 7

Re: Brooke White - Season 7

i wonder how she's going to react when she gets kicked off considering she just about has a melt down each time she's in the bottom three. she needs to prepare herself because there is no way in hell she's going to win.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2931166;
    i wonder how she's going to react when she gets kicked off...
    She is not going to sing, she is going to talk for the whole duration.
    Heck, she will be rambling on after they turned off the cameras, when Simon is enjoying his Veyron on the way home, when Paula is already raiding the mini bar in her place.
    Brooke's last words will be...

"Hey, where is everybody"???

FORT Fan

I think you guys are being a little harsh on Brooke. We all have our idiosyncracies. Brooke is a good girl. I am glad she's reached the Top 6 and I'll definitely be supporting her after AI.

I don't think that Brooke responding to her audience fans is annoying. She is simply being down to Earth and recognizing the people who have brought her to where she is.

I like Brooke a lot, but I don't think she has done enough to reach this stage of the competition.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

Brooke is the only contestant this season whose album I would purchase, or whose show I would attend. There's a folky Joni Mitchell kinda vibe about her that I'm really into. I can't explain it, but I really love her. I know she won't win this competition, or ever be a crazy multiplatinum selling pop artist, but she's got my support in whatever she does.
    Praise seitan!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBase;2938326;
    Brooke is the only contestant this season whose album I would purchase, or whose show I would attend. There's a folky Joni Mitchell kinda vibe about her that I'm really into. I can't explain it, but I really love her. I know she won't win this competition, or ever be a crazy multiplatinum selling pop artist, but she's got my support in whatever she does.
    I agree.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Brooke better never say another negative thing about Simon. He saw how upset she was by her performance last night, and totally let her off the hook. Paula took exactly the right tact in telling her she could never stop and start a song, and was the right one to deliver the message. It was beyond unprofessional. I wish the bandleader had just looked at her and said "no, we start once -- do it alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2940519;
    Paula took exactly the right tact in telling her she could never stop and start a song, and was the right one to deliver the message.
    Paula bringing the authority is scary -- that was so far from her usual hearts-and-rainbows commentary that I was ready to faint on Brooke's behalf.

Paula was also right. Every other competitor, for seven seasons now, starts a song and gets through it. Brooke has done this twice. The illusion that she trots out on stage barefoot and sings with spontaneous deep feeling depends on her doing it on the first try, rather than drawing attention to her rehearsal/memorization issues.

Paula took exactly the right tact in telling her she could never stop and start a song
    Yes, because it is SO much better to sit with one's mouth hanging open while the band plays on . . .
    I wish the bandleader had just looked at her and said "no, we start once -- do it alone."
    Brooke is perfectly capable of singing a capella.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2940526;
    Paula was also right. Every other competitor, for seven seasons now, starts a song and gets through it. Brooke has done this twice. The illusion that she trots out on stage barefoot and sings with spontaneous deep feeling depends on her doing it on the first try, rather than drawing attention to her rehearsal/memorization issues.
    To me, Brooke was between a rock and a hard place. It was either start over or turn in something like David Archuleta's We Can Work It Out. It wasn't going to be a popular decision either way.

+ Reply to Thread