+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Brooke White - Season 7

FORT Fogey

Re: Brooke White - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2926913;
    Yeah we might miss some of that meatless hamburger type of great advice. Simon & Ryan might not talk while she is singing, but Simon & Paula do. You can often times hear him in the background or see him doing it when the camera angels are just right.
    They don't succeed with everyone, but they throw in the banter in an attempt to entertain.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2926918;
    Not to be picking on you, but my understanding is that they don't sit thorough dress rehearsal. The showtime performances are their first time hearing it.
    According to what Simon said last time he was on Oprah, they've got monitors in their trailers to watch the dress rehersal. They're not in the studio for it so that the performers don't have any sort of hint as to the judge's reactions, but they can see it from the privacy of their trailers.

I need to add another reason to my list of reasons that Brooke talking during the judging time irritates me. It comes across (some weeks more than others) as very self-involved - almost a form of "well enough about me, let's talk about you. What do YOU think of me?" When you make a comment about a person to that person, they can acknowledge it with a friendly response, or they can add to the comment - which can be rather arrogant. Example: "wow Bertha, you've got such lush beautiful hair" "Oh, I know, isn't it so thick? My hairdresser just loves working on my hair. It doesn't matter what style she tries, my hair will take to anything". Sometimes, a thank you or a nod will suffice.
    Last edited by Veruka; 04-17-2008 at 03:10 PM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Susan92645;2926846;
    BluesSongstress,
    Have you actually seen the judges talking to each other during a performance? I have often seen Simon turned towards Paula and might have assumed he was talking to her, but someone who has been to the show posted that he turns sideways like that because his speaker is behind him and it gets him into position to hear the performance best.
    Absolutely. I know they turn to hear the monitor, but many times I've seen him talking to Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2926941;
    They don't succeed with everyone, but they throw in the banter in an attempt to entertain.

According to what Simon said last time he was on Oprah, they've got monitors in their trailers to watch the dress rehersal. They're not in the studio for it so that the performers don't have any sort of hint as to the judge's reactions, but they can see it from the privacy of their trailers.

I need to add another reason to my list of reasons that Brooke talking during the judging time irritates me. It comes across (some weeks more than others) as very self-involved - almost a form of "well enough about me, let's talk about you. What do YOU think of me?" When you make a comment about a person to that person, they can acknowledge it with a friendly response, or they can add to the comment - which can be rather arrogant. Example: "wow Bertha, you've got such lush beautiful hair" "Oh, I know, isn't it so thick? My hairdresser just loves working on my hair. It doesn't matter what style she tries, my hair will take to anything". Sometimes, a thank you or a nod will suffice.
    Actually I think maybe she is trying to understand what they are saying. I met someone who is close friends with David A. and his family the other day and they told us that when the judges are critiquing them after their performances that the singers really can't even hear what the judges are saying. They said when Paula said that bit about wanting to pop David's head off and hang it in her car that he actually had no clue what she said. He just laughed because the audience laughed.

I've also heard that the idols have a hard time hearing the judges but I say why not just smile and say thanks. They can always listen to it later if they want to. The thing that bugs me about Brooke other than her crying all of the time is that she jumps in while they're still talking and feels the need to comment way more than she needs to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;2927509;
    I've also heard that the idols have a hard time hearing the judges but I say why not just smile and say thanks. They can always listen to it later if they want to. The thing that bugs me about Brooke other than her crying all of the time is that she jumps in while they're still talking and feels the need to comment way more than she needs to.

I like Brook, but she's too nannyish. For me, whenever she speaks, it comes off as if she is giving some sort of life lesson to a child which I find somewhat obnoxious.

FORT Regular

The thing that bugs me about Brooke is her insistence on responding with an earnest "I love you too!" every time an audience member yells out his/her love. Every time. As if she is saying, "Ahem, you guys at home, don't know if you heard that or not, but someone just yelled out that they love me."

Last night after the elimination someone yelled, "We love you Kristy" and Kristy didn't respond, I was half expecting Brooke (who was standing right next to Kristy) to yell back, "Kristy loves you too!"

I'm sure Brooke's fans will dial up a storm next week.
    I don't see this as more than a warning shot.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2922704;
    Where Brooke is falling short of her singer/songwriter models -- and a vocal coach should be pushing her on this, for her own good -- is that she can't seem to sustain a note for any time at all. Everything is staccato. I'm not asking her to meet David Cook's standard of hitting a big note dead-on and holding it until sometime early next week, per "Billie Jean." I'm wondering why she consistently sounds like she's doing a read-through at partial voice. That's part of why she sounded rushed -- even if the note is meant to be a whole note, she hits it as a quarter-note, roughly, instead of holding it for the full measure. Is the problem breathing? (Her posture suggests she doesn't breathe from the diaphragm.) Or is she deliberately arranging that way?
    Very intriguing observation there calamari ... I'll pay more attention to her lack of "sustenance" ... or "sustainability" ... or maybe her "subceptability".

Now did I spell that right?
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Susan92645;2927632;
    The thing that bugs me about Brooke is her insistence on responding with an earnest "I love you too!" every time an audience member yells out his/her love. Every time. As if she is saying, "Ahem, you guys at home, don't know if you heard that or not, but someone just yelled out that they love me."

Last night after the elimination someone yelled, "We love you Kristy" and Kristy didn't respond, I was half expecting Brooke (who was standing right next to Kristy) to yell back, "Kristy loves you too!"
    LOL, good one. Too true.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2926941;

Carly has been whining - I think you are being hard on me - Brooke is just being real. That is who she is. She is a communicator. She feels her music, she is a genuine person. She can't help herself. I find that appealing about her. Now Carly - she is getting on my nerves.Suck it up and get another tatoo.

+ Reply to Thread