+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke White - Season 7

Re: Brooke White - Season 7

Don't fall into that trap. We say that every year about someone & it very seldom comes true.
    True in one way but not in all ways.

Last season's recording contracts went down at least as far as the Top 6, since Chris Richardson is working on an album and Phil Stacey has one released. So getting the recording contract is a realistic goal.

Most of these people -- including several winners -- haven't become massive successes. But most people who get recording contracts the regular way (whatever that is) aren't massive successes (see "Carly Hennessy"). So getting into the Top 6 is at least a shot at something, just not a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2841617;
    True in one way but not in all ways.

Last season's recording contracts went down at least as far as the Top 6, since Chris Richardson is working on an album and Phil Stacey has one released. So getting the recording contract is a realistic goal.

Most of these people -- including several winners -- haven't become massive successes. But most people who get recording contracts the regular way (whatever that is) aren't massive successes (see "Carly Hennessy"). So getting into the Top 6 is at least a shot at something, just not a guarantee.
    Phil has a single out, but the album hasn't been released yet.

I'm basing my statement on the fact that every year, many folks all across the cyberspace universe, myself included, make the statement that "XYZ contestant, win or lose, is going to have a great career, headed to the top, we will see them around for years to come" & then what happens. Nada, zip, zilch. Even the ones that do finally release an album go nowhere. Think Paris, John Stephens, Constantine, LaToya & on & on. Or those that we have yet to hear music from, Melinda, LaKisha, & even though she has become successful elsewhere Jennifer Hudson, a lot of these folks go no where without the big $$ backing that the winners get.

Beatles Week 2 Please Please Me

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2842135;
    Phil has a single out, but the album hasn't been released yet.

I'm basing my statement on the fact that every year, many folks all across the cyberspace universe, myself included, make the statement that "XYZ contestant, win or lose, is going to have a great career, headed to the top, we will see them around for years to come" & then what happens. Nada, zip, zilch. Even the ones that do finally release an album go nowhere. Think Paris, John Stephens, Constantine, LaToya & on & on. Or those that we have yet to hear music from, Melinda, LaKisha, & even though she has become successful elsewhere Jennifer Hudson, a lot of these folks go no where without the big $$ backing that the winners get.

Beatles Week 2 Please Please Me
    If that is the case, what can we do to help Brooke? I think it'll be a real pity if her talents went unnoticed. For her clear passion and sincerity, Brooke deserves some kind of success.

Quote Originally Posted by felix;2842195;
    If that is the case, what can we do to help Brooke? I think it'll be a real pity if her talents went unnoticed. For her clear passion and sincerity, Brooke deserves some kind of success.
    I'm not at all saying that Brooke has no shot, I'm just saying the non winners have tougher sledding. All I can say is vote for her, support her, & if she does release an album, support her with your wallet.

that's right, even if she made it here or not, i will support her, she's a rare talent IMO

I've been waiting six years for American Idol to feature a folky, Carly Simon-Carole King influenced singer, and here she is, Brooke!! I adore this kind of this lyric-focused singing, and Brooke does it very well.

It has always been difficult for AI contestants to evoke layered, complex emotion--one of the true hallmarks of a great singer. Brooke has managed that, big time. It's called authenticity.

---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 03-14-2008 at 12:21 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;2842527;
    I've been waiting six years for American Idol to feature a folky, Carly Simon-Carole King influenced singer, and here she is, Brooke!! I adore this kind of this lyric-focused singing, and Brooke does it very well.
    ---
    Me too! I've never been a big fan of these "big vocals" and glory notes and all the runs and riffs. That's why I love Brooke's straightforward, heartfelt style and that's why I think she's a breath of fresh air in this competition.

FORT Fan

Let's hope America feels the same way about Brooke. What do your friends think?

I think Brooke is wonderful and I'll continue supporting her throughout this competition and afterwards.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

FORT Newbie

I agree with the sentiments of pillbeam and others; I've waited for someone like her on Idol for so long. I cannot vote (Canadian), but I will do everything in my power to support her and that style of music that has been so ignored lately.

I enjoy everything about her, but in order for her not to be overpowered by the big vocals, her song choices and style need to be impeccable - Idol has always been a weird popularity contest and right now she is doing well, needs to keep that up.

My favourite by far, but I also do agree that she has a tough road to victory.
    Schuyler

+ Reply to Thread