+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke White - Season 7

Re: Brooke White - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2835048;
    exactly. the only time she sounds decent is when she hauls that acoustic guitar out. the first week in the top 24 she was horrible and i personally didn't think she sounded so great during you're so vain. she was pitchy and came off as carly simon lite. i just can't get into her, and now because of simon's pimpage she's one of the favorites. barf.
    Simon has nothing to do with me liking Brooke. Thanks.

FORT Fan

Me as well. I just like Brooke's easy going personality and Song style.

Lets hope she does well tonight.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Simon doesn't influence my opinions at all. Brooke is a breath of fresh air, plain and simple.

What they didn't show on TV tonight was how affected the audience was by her. Many of the people in the crowd also had tears in their eyes when she was done. She was so gracious and appreciative when they went to commercial, it made her connection to the live audience so much stronger. She had the most emotional moment of the show, and it was really something.

Aside from her stellar performance tonight (the best hands down), I also noticed that the stylists FINALLY sat her down and tweaked her appearance. Her hair was considerably better, the makeup a bit more layered, and those ridiculous clothes she's worn up till now gone. She looked especially good in the video segment, but not bad live either.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I'm very lukewarm on this girl. I thought her performance last night was just ok. Don't know what the judges were hearing but I heard her go off key a few times at least. She's good, but very one-dimensional, imo. She does the same type of song every week and her vocal range is non-existent, which makes her terribly uninteresting. Do I think she should be in the top twelve, yes, do I think she's one of the top performances, not even close.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2836513;
    I'm very lukewarm on this girl. I thought her performance last night was just ok. Don't know what the judges were hearing but I heard her go off key a few times at least. She's good, but very one-dimensional, imo. She does the same type of song every week and her vocal range is non-existent, which makes her terribly uninteresting. Do I think she should be in the top twelve, yes, do I think she's one of the top performances, not even close.
    I must say that I disagree with you almost top to bottom. The only thing we agree on is she should be Top 12 & I believe she is headed deep deep into this thing. Her performance last night was stellar. IMO!

I thought she was top-notch last night with her performance! Kudos to her. I can see her going a long long way into this thing, if not to the top...if she continues doing this well. She is on tune vocally, and doesn't have to scream to "make the song".
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fan

What I love about Brooke is her sincerity. Did you see how full of feeling she was tonight? Somethings just can't be faked.

FORTified with vitamins phunkykat's Avatar

i love her. i was at the end of her performance. i think it was the most sincere, heartfelt performance of the night. i really hope she goes far this season.
    Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
    Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

RIP Lily, the original phunky kat. 1997-2009

+ Reply to Thread