+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooke White - Season 7

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Brooke White - Season 7

I agree with you razorbacker. Very few of the also-rans have had anything close to the success that Clay and Chris had - even the "winners" have only had scattered success after Idol. Most contestants are never heard from again once they are eliminated, so to think that they are going to make any kind of waves after Idol is probably wishful thinking. The winners are the only ones with any kind of guarantee of exposure post-Idol, and even that isn't really guaranteed (think Taylor).

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2833317;
    I agree with you razorbacker. Very few of the also-rans have had anything close to the success that Clay and Chris had - even the "winners" have only had scattered success after Idol. Most contestants are never heard from again once they are eliminated, so to think that they are going to make any kind of waves after Idol is probably wishful thinking. The winners are the only ones with any kind of guarantee of exposure post-Idol, and even that isn't really guaranteed (think Taylor).
    Even Chris & Clay record under the same family of labels that they would have been under had they won. People want to point to the fact that Bo's first album didn't do well because the music wasn't Bo, that Clive forced him into a niche he wasn't made for, but if that were true then where are the sales of his second self produced album?

Brooke or any of the others can't help but benefit form the marketing, & supply chain that Sony/BMG garners in the market place. I think she has a great shot once the show is over.

FORT Fan

She'll need to get into the Top 6 first.

lol well here's to me being the only one, cheers to me

Quote Originally Posted by hypnoboy;2833193;
    I hope she doesn't win either. I think that might be the kiss of death. I hope she does great, but doesn't win and then gets to move forward doing what SHE wants... like Chris Daughtry did.
    yeah... i grimace at the thought of her singing the corny American Idol power ballad at the end of the series...
    that's more fit for David Archuleta, Ramiele, or Carly... all 3 of whom are singers that i really like.

i just would hate to see a singer like Brooke being forced to produce a trashy pop album for teenage girls with no taste.

I'm still on the fence, as to how good Brooke is.
    So far it was, clever song choices and presentation.
    But not everything can be some sort of MTV Unplugged.
    As far as the contest, she is in a good position by making an impression, without making a fuzz about herself.

I don't know, i might not have any favorite this year.

Any contestant who even wants a chance of "being noticed as a serious artist", has to break away from the Idol machine.
    American Idol is the best television, not more.

Thanks for the pictures, bbnbama! Brooke looks good with straight hair!

I've noticed that Brooke and Kristy are good friends - they hung out together during Hollywood Week, while waiting for the Top 24 decisions, and watching the guys perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2833666;
    Any contestant who even wants a chance of "being noticed as a serious artist", has to break away from the Idol machine.
    I disagree with this... I mean, the Idol who has sold more than any other, Carrie Underwood, has hardly tried to distance herself from American Idol, and thanks them every time she wins an award. And she was won many.

I don't see why anyone has to pretend they aren't somehow affliated with AI in order to succeed. Those that have have only received flak from doing so - Chris Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson.
    Last edited by Tickety; 03-11-2008 at 01:49 AM.
    2003-2008.

I think Brooke will place in the top 6. Will she have a recording contract if she doesn't win, odds are against this happening. The only season that has done well is Season 5, other than that, nearly everyone else has had to fend for themselves.

Clay and Chris D. are the exception, both were extremely popular, thought to be potential winners, the winners, have great vocals. Their voices are unique, Clay's especially.

Oh I hope Brooke sings "Please Mr Postman"! I just heard it and thought it'd be perfect for her.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2833666;
    I'm still on the fence, as to how good Brooke is.
    So far it was, clever song choices and presentation.
    But not everything can be some sort of MTV Unplugged.
    As far as the contest, she is in a good position by making an impression, without making a fuzz about herself.

I don't know, i might not have any favorite this year.

American Idol is the best television, not more.
    exactly. the only time she sounds decent is when she hauls that acoustic guitar out. the first week in the top 24 she was horrible and i personally didn't think she sounded so great during you're so vain. she was pitchy and came off as carly simon lite. i just can't get into her, and now because of simon's pimpage she's one of the favorites. barf.

+ Reply to Thread