+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda L. Overmyer - Season 7

Re: Amanda L. Overmyer - Season 7

I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't think Amanda's vocals were that bad...don't get me wrong, they weren't good, but there were worse people last night, I thought. I think what made it unbearable for me was her hair and outfit. Maybe more so the hair....ay de mi!
    Forever a Word Nerd

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2816931;
    I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't think Amanda's vocals were that bad...don't get me wrong, they weren't good, but there were worse people last night, I thought. I think what made it unbearable for me was her hair and outfit. Maybe more so the hair....ay de mi!
    I agree. I think Randy nailed it in his comments - it was a stupid song choice because it was a song that emphasized the guitars more than the vocals - but she didn't do her part horribly.

I found the performance last night unpleasant to watch or to listen to. My husband and I both marveled over how young and fresh she looked during her video when she had the scarf over her hair and no makeup on. She looks at least 40 years old with the skunk hair teased out and makeup on, and comes off as a scary person to boot. Her vocals have no texture or range and are mostly just growly.

She is what, 23? She looks 40 or 50 with her current styling.
    And the whole outfit is like "Hard Rock the Musical".
    Really, Clay Aiken called, that outfit is needed back at Broadway. And the hair too.

I like that clip with the Harley, thats like real life, thats a real look.

The performance was, like she was running after the song.
    I don't know much about Rock Music.
    But i know that you gotta have a super powerful voice to make an impression.
    And i didn't hear that.

Too bad. This girl was favorite going in - but she overdid the theatrics and underdid (my invented word) the vocals. Bad song choice for sure. Why didn't she pick a Grace Slick song (her voice and style reminds me of her). Think she may be gone this week. I agree she looks and acts waaay older than she is.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't think she legitimately has the vocal chops to do Grace Slick. Or much of anybody other than a weak Joplin. I love rockers, but she just isn't that good. I haven't heard a single performance from her that made me want to hear more.

FORT Fogey

In her first audition, I was intrigued enough that I really wanted to hear more. The more I've heard from her, the more I understand what Simon means when he talks about someone singing karoke. She's got a voice that makes you take notice, but the more you hear from her, the more you realize that she has a voice, but she doesn't have the artistry or creativity to know what to do with it. I think she's someone who really really enjoys listening to music, and hasn't figured out how to translate that into making music.

I have the feeling I'm going to be really tired of this gal in a few weeks, and that there will be shows where she just absolutely blows. Not that she's bad, she just seems like a 1 trick pony to me, and not every week is going to give her the opportunity to play up her primary strength, as we saw last night.

Frankly, I like Amanda, but I thought last night was well nigh unwatchable. Not her thing at all.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

Was I the only one who liked her hair and outfit MORE than her singing and performance last night?

Quote Originally Posted by davidbird;2817320;
    Was I the only one who liked her hair and outfit MORE than her singing and performance last night?
    I thought her hair was a little much, but the outfit seemed to fit her rock star persona perfectly ~ I loved it!

The singing ~ not so much.

+ Reply to Thread