+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda L. Overmyer - Season 7

Re: Amanda L. Overmyer - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;2803368;
    Sorry, but I am a nay-sayer on this one. Yeah. . .she has a cool voice. . . but the skunk hair. . .has GOT to go.

All the medical folks I know are talking about her job description on ABC too. . .like...exactly what is a respiratory nurse. Is she a respiratory therapist? A CRT? An RRT? Is she an RN? Most RNs don't call themselves....respiratory nurse. If you work with lung patients ONLY you are a pulmonary nurse. So...whaaaazzzzz UUUUPPPPP??????

Okay..off my soap box now.!
    I put an article in the Media section that had the writer saying she saw Amanda outside of the rehearsal's smoking a cigarette. Now, I know people smoke, but you'd think a person that works with respiratory patients would think twice.

Amanda is in a tough situation. The performance aspect of her song was really strong but she has to remember that she is on American Idol. She's got to remember the vocals. She's got to find a happy medium.

I love her though, and I hope she makes it to at least top 12.

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2803396;
    however i doubt she will make into the top 5. her voice will sound the same with every song, regardless of genre or theme.

i don't get the janice comparisons at all. janice must be rolling in her grave.

the problem i see with her is that there is already another prettier, more likable female rocker and thats carly. we all know america likes to categorize their contestants, so only one rocker will get through and it wont be amanda.

I didn't realize we had a Carly in the top 12......guess I need to look at these girls again.

Personally I don't think Amanda is right for AI, but I like her (not love) and I expect she'll make the top 6 (girls).

I haven't paid any attention to this girl before last night, and based upon last night's performance I don't care for her at all. I thought the tone in her voice stunk and the choice of song for a singing competition completely sucked. Dilana-redux, and completely wrong for this show.

Now if she changes it up next week and actually rocks it with more solid vocals, I might change my mind. But last night sucked.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I haven't seen anything to show me that she's in any way as good as Dilana. I want to like her, but so far she hasn't delivered.

Amanda is a good singer but she totally chose the wrong song last night. I didn't enjoy her performance at all.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I don't get all the hype. She's not all that everyone is making her out to be. She's an okay singer, but there are better. Let's see her do something other than Janis Joplin style. Her voice is raspy and grates on my nerves.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love Amanda but while I love her I don't think she's anywhere close to Dilana....Dilana was the ultimate rocker chick to me!

I didn't care for the song that Amanda sung last night but I really hope she sticks around until the Top 12...and at least makes the tour!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2805652;
    I love Amanda but while I love her I don't think she's anywhere close to Dilana....Dilana was the ultimate rocker chick to me!
    I'm with you! I am completely willing to give Amanda a chance to prove herself 'cause I do love a good rocker chick!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;2803368;
    Sorry, but I am a nay-sayer on this one. Yeah. . .she has a cool voice. . . but the skunk hair. . .has GOT to go.

All the medical folks I know are talking about her job description on ABC too. . .like...exactly what is a respiratory nurse. Is she a respiratory therapist? A CRT? An RRT? Is she an RN? Most RNs don't call themselves....respiratory nurse. If you work with lung patients ONLY you are a pulmonary nurse. So...whaaaazzzzz UUUUPPPPP??????

Okay..off my soap box now.!
    I totally agere with you! What is she?? I am an RRT, BSRC and I have never heard of Respiratory Nurse. In the begining she talked about going to homes and setting patients up with Resp. equipment. Maybe she is a home health nurse that specializes in respiratory??? Glad I'm not the only one confused.

+ Reply to Thread