+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda L. Overmyer - Season 7

Re: Amanda L. Overmyer - Season 7

Simon's suggestion of Amanda needing "light and shade" in her voice was spot-on. What made Joplin a legend wasn't her gravelly voice (which, incidentally, was the result of alcohol abuse, it wasn't an affectation) but the rawness, power, and emotion behind it. If she didn't have the husky quality to her vocals, she'd just be another shouty girl rock singer. Hopefully she'll benefit from the vocal coaching that AI will provide.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I like how the show has given her the title of the "female version of chris daughtry." its honestly true. I love this girl.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2797496;
    I like how the show has given her the title of the "female version of chris daughtry." its honestly true. I love this girl.
    I don't see the connection. After all, Chris is a contemporary rock artist and Amanda's style is more of a throwback-style. I see her more like "female version of Bo Bice".

I think she will sail thru to the finals but then be facing problems when the theme-weeks starts. Because it's not just possible to "Janis Joplinize" every style of music and every song you sing.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo78;2798491;
    I don't see the connection. After all, Chris is a contemporary rock artist and Amanda's style is more of a throwback-style. I see her more like "female version of Bo Bice".

I think she will sail thru to the finals but then be facing problems when the theme-weeks starts. Because it's not just possible to "Janis Joplinize" every style of music and every song you sing.
    I don't think she is going to be sailing very far. I still think her style is going to be lost on some of the younger power voters.

By the way,theme wekks begin this week. And it is right up her alley. Songs from the 60's. Any bets we will hear Janice?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2798510;
    By the way,theme wekks begin this week. And it is right up her alley. Songs from the 60's. Any bets we will hear Janice?
    OK, I didn't know that. That makes it whole different game then.

Only 23 yet has the appearance of a 35yr old woman. Taylor Hicks Syndrome. She will be in top5

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2797496;
    I thought she was amazing too. She'll add some spice to the mix. Hopefully she'll blow all the Diva's and Hillbillies away!

I like her because she's different, but I don't know that she'll have the mass appeal to make it very far.
    Forever a Word Nerd

Sorry, but I am a nay-sayer on this one. Yeah. . .she has a cool voice. . . but the skunk hair. . .has GOT to go.

All the medical folks I know are talking about her job description on ABC too. . .like...exactly what is a respiratory nurse. Is she a respiratory therapist? A CRT? An RRT? Is she an RN? Most RNs don't call themselves....respiratory nurse. If you work with lung patients ONLY you are a pulmonary nurse. So...whaaaazzzzz UUUUPPPPP??????

Okay..off my soap box now.!

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2798817;
    Only 23 yet has the appearance of a 35yr old woman. Taylor Hicks Syndrome. She will be in top5
    however i doubt she will make into the top 5. her voice will sound the same with every song, regardless of genre or theme.

i don't get the janice comparisons at all. janice must be rolling in her grave.

the problem i see with her is that there is already another prettier, more likable female rocker and thats carly. we all know america likes to categorize their contestants, so only one rocker will get through and it wont be amanda.

+ Reply to Thread