+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alaina Whitaker - Season 7

Re: Alaina Whitaker - Season 7

I was really sad to se her go I loved her singing Olivia Newton John. Of course I'm also sad because she's from Oklahoma.

I really liked her. So sad to see her go.
    Mustafa Shah

she is my favourite among all these girls. she's fresh, confident and full of fun.
    her departure was another severe punch to me after Garret's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2819839;
    I think this is the main reason why I didn't like her, [that she's another Carrie clone] I'm getting very burned out on Carrie Underwood. I didn't think Alaina was that good, either, so I won't miss her.
    Anyone else notice the not much hidden deck stacking that takes place on Idol some seasons? Season 3 (after Kelly C and Ruben/Clay), they featured the "three divas." Season 6 they had at least 5 African-American power-voiced women in the top 12 and nary a Carrie Underwood type in the bunch. This year they had at least 3 Carrie 'types' and hardly any Frenchie/Fantasia/J-Hud/Melinda/Mandisa/Jordin types. I mean sometimes they telegraph their punches in terms of what "type" they want to win this season.

Since Carrie and even Kellie Pickler are doing so well, you'd think they'd go for something a bit different this year. But I see several people who are sort of 'clones' of previous stars, and I wonder how well that will work out.

Anyway, I think if Alaina had sung "Hopelessly Devoted" with as much true emotion last Tuesday as she brokenheartedly displayed on Wednesday, she might well have not gotten the chance to sing it again on Wednesday.

FORT Fan

[QUOTE=Sandy in SD;2823068;] This year they had at least 3 Carrie 'types' and hardly any Frenchie/Fantasia/J-Hud/Melinda/Mandisa/Jordin types.QUOTE]

Joanne, Syesha, Alexandrea, and Asia'h are as close to those girls as Alaina, Kristy, and Kady are to Carrie. Moreover, Kady and Brooke keep being labeled Carriesque by the media and countless bloggers when neither sings country music--which shows how shallow such comparisons are to be made based solely on hair color.

She has blonde hair and she's from Oklahoma. That's about as far as her similarities to Carrie end. She's not even a country singer so to compare the two is absolutely ridiculous.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Seems like Alaina has formed a trio now.......

Its called Whitaker Malloy and it consists of Alaina, Kady Malloy (another AI contestant) and her sister...

Here is their Myspace....They could try out for Nashville Star next year.......

Alaina also recorded a song called "Dance with Me" with Brandon Green (remember he was the contestant who saved his fingernails ) Myspace
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345