+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Idols On The Charts

Idol is impacting the Country Charts like no other. I know there are those, ahem BoBoFan, that donít like Country, but this is pretty impressive. As of 1/28 these songs are all in the Top 100 & they all have a positive bullit. Every song from #8- #36 has a positive bullit so the sledding is tough, but the Idols are more than holding their own. Iíll try to remember to update this every so often.

Carrie Underwood All American Girl #11
    Bucky Covington Itís Good to be Us #19
    Kelli Pickler Things that Never Cross a Manís Mind #24
    Josh Gracin We Werenít Crazy #32
    Phil Stacey If You Didnít Love Me #56
    Carrie Underwood Ever Ever After #72
    Carrie Underwood Last Name #96
    Carrie Underwood You Wonít Find This #99

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here are this weeks Country Chart positions as of this mornings (2/4) updates. All songs showed an upward movement except Carries Ever Ever After which dropped, but really it’s surprising this song is even on the Country Charts at all. Carries You Won’t Find This dropped to 101 so just out of the list this week. Biggest moves Phil up 6 spots & Carrie's Last Name up 8.

Carrie Underwood All American Girl #8
    Bucky Covington It’s Good to be Us #17
    Kelli Pickler Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind #21
    Josh Gracin We Weren’t Crazy #31
    Phil Stacey If You Didn’t Love Me #50
    Carrie Underwood Last Name #88
    Carrie Underwood Ever Ever After #90

Originally my plan was to update this on Mondays & I still plan on doing that, but tomorrow is the one Monday a month I work days instead of Graveyard, so here it is today.

Carrie Underwood All American Girl Remains at #8. At this point there is a huge logjam inside the Top 10.

Bucky Covington It’s Good to be Us Drops from #17 to #18 but still has a pretty big bullit.

Kelli Pickler Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind Drops from #21 to #22 but as with Bucky she still has a big bullit.

Josh Gracin We Weren’t Crazy Drops from #31to #34. Still has a bullit, but songs by Jewel & Josh Turner have passed him by.

Phil Stacey If You Didn’t Love Me climbs two spots this week to #48. Airplay is increasing steadily.

Carrie Underwood Ever Ever After I still find it amazing that this song is on the Country Charts at all, but this week it moves from #90 & jumps an incredible 15 spots to come in at #75

Carrie Underwood Last Name I think we are seeing radios choice for the next single. This song jumps 11 spots this week from #88 to end the week at #77.

Carrie Underwood You Won’t Find This Just squeaks into the Top 100 this week by ending at #100.

Just a quick aside…Jordins’ Star Spangled Banner from the Super Bowl sits at # 110 with 9 spins.

Here is the latest Monday morning update. This is the chart positions as of 1:30 pst Feb. 18.

Carrie Underwood - All American Girl Remains at #8 for the second consecutive week. She has a huge bullit at this point & Brad Paisley & Rascal Flatts are beginning to fall, so I suspect that Carrie may be inside the Top 5 by this time next week.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good to be Us moves from #17 to #16 this week. There are at least 4 songs behind him that are rapidly gaining.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind remains at #22 for the second week. It looks at this point as though the song has stalled & movement either up or down can’t be determined.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy Drops jumps from #34 to #31. Josh’s song had stalled & lost it’s bullit for a few days last week, but seems to have gained a second wind for the time being.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me climbs four spots this week to #44. Airplay is still increasing steadily & Phil may just have himself his first Top 40 hit.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet. This is the first appearance of the song in the Top 100. It jumped from #293 all the way to #85. I’m not sure if this song will ever be released as a single, but I believe it is one of several on the album that has major cross over capabilities.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name I still believe that this will be the next single, it’s a great Summer time type of song & has major cross over appeal similar to Before He Cheats & could in turn spur album sales. The song drops from #77 to end the week at #88, back to where it was 2 weeks ago.

Carrie Underwood Ever Ever After I still find it amazing that this song is on the Country Charts at all, but this week it drops from #90 to #96.

Here is the latest Monday morning update for Feb. 25th.

Carrie Underwood - All American Girl Remains made a huge move this week, quicker than I thought it would jumping from #8 to end the week at #3. The song has a big bullit & looks as though #1 is inevitable even though it may be 3 or 4 weeks before it gets there. Kenny Chesney & George Strait are blocking the way right now & they will have their time at the top.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good to be Us moves from #16 to #15 this week. There is a log jam from 15-20 so the next couple of weeks should be interesting.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind jumps from #22 to #20 this week. It is another Top 20 hit for Kelli & she looks to have regained some upward momentum, but will need to work through the same jam that Bucky is experiencing.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy Drops remains at #31 for the second week in a row. Josh’s song had stalled but it has regained it’s bullit.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me climbs four spots this week to #40. As I said last week Phil was on track to his first Top 40 song & he can now claim that honor.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name The song drops from #84 to #94 this as radio stations give it just enough air time to keep it in the Top 100.

Thanks for the update Razorbacker! Phil Stacey was probably my favorite guy of last season, so it's nice to see he's doing well. I look forward to the next report.

FORT Regular

Razor, what is 'bullit'?

Quote Originally Posted by harleychick;2812629;
    Razor, what is 'bullit'?
    A bullit shows upward movement in the amount of spins this week vs. last week. In other words radios are playing the song more so the chances of moving up the charts are increased. Once a song begins to move down the chart & loses it's bullit for 2 consecutive weeks is when the song is removed from the charts. There are two ways a song can move up. 1) It increases spins more rapidly (a big bullit) than the songs around it, or 2) Songs above it lose spins & get removed.

I’ll just post these numbers to illustrate the Bullit thing. This comes from this mornings Mediabase charts.

LW TW TW LW Change AI

6 3 CARRIE UNDERWOOD All-American Girl 4080 3836 244 31.410

16 17 BUCKY COVINGTON It's Good To Be Us 2286 2112 174 16.386

22 19 KELLIE PICKLER Things That Never Cr... 1765 1663 102 11.504

31 31 JOSH GRACIN We Weren't Crazy 847 813 34 4.618

44 41 PHIL STACEY If You Didn't Love M... 411 360 51 1.727

As a way of explaining:

The first LW is the chart position of the song on Tuesday morning last week & The first TW is where it is as of this morning at around 3am PST. So All American Girl has gone up from 6 to 3

The second TW shows the amount of times the song has been played during the past 7 days & the LW shows the amount of times it was played the previous 7 days. Therefore if you see a positive number in the Change column that designates a Bullit. So Carrie has a big positive bullit of 244, whereas Josh Gracin still has a positive but it is only 34.

AI (Audience Impressions) is the sort of complicated area, but it goes something like this. Mediabase, or any other charting company, has a certain number of stations that report to them what songs they are playing & what time of day they are played. The country panel consists of 126 stations at the moment. So, for example, let’s say a station in San Antonio reports that they played All American Girl at noon. Mediabase looks at the Arbitron ratings for the stations & determines how many people should have been listening to that particular station at that particular time. They then add all these possible ears together for each & every spin & get what they call Audience Impressions. So, from this we can see that All American Girl should have been heard by 31,410,000 people last week. I told you it was complicated.

Now, also keep in mind that this chart is reported twice daily & chart positions can change twice daily. As I said yesterday, Phil had his first Top 40 hit, yet this morning he has fallen back to #41 because a new song by Montgomery Gentry passed him. Also, these positions don’t become official until midnight Sunday night for the radio countdown purposes.

I hope I didn’t confuse the situation too much, but it’s interesting & a lot of fun to follow this stuff, but for those that don’t it can be quite confusing at times.

Here is the latest Monday morning update for March 3.

Carrie Underwood - All American Girl jumps this week from #3 to #1. It has just been certified as Carries 6th consecutive #1 single. From looking at the songs around it, we may be looking at yet another multiple week stay at the top of the charts for Carrie.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good Us has been swinging from 15 to 16 & back again for the past 3 weeks, but this week he drops from #15 to #16, yet he still has a nice bullit to show for it.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind jumps another 2 spots this week moving from #20 to #18. There is a pretty big traffic jam from 17-21 so next week could go either way.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy moves into the Top 30 this week jumping from 31 to 29. His airplay remains steady, just enough to move up slowly, but no worries about falling just yet.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me drops from #40 to #43 this week. He seems to be having a tough time getting commercial radio to play the song, but I hear it all the time on XM. .

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet (the more I like my dog) makes it’s first appearance on the Top 100 coming in this week at #88 on limited airplay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast