+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for February 23..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh gains 2 spots this week to land at #12. The log jam at the top is going to slow the climb for everyone now. Steady as she goes.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So gains only 1 spot this week & finishes the week at #15. I believe the climb is going to stretch out on this one, due to the fact that it may be the last single from the Carnival Ride album & we are still a long time away from having a first single ready from the next album.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 2 spots this week & enters the Top 30 by landing at #30. In the next week, it’s likely that she will pass a couple more songs that will drop off, but the new Sugarland single is going to blow right by her, maybe as soon as tomorrow.

Josh Gracin -Telluride gains 2 spots this week & comes in at #34, however, he does so with a negative bullit. This song seems to have big gains one week & losses the next.

God Love Her by Toby Keith is the new #1 song this week. I have to wonder when we will get a song that stays at the top more than 1 week.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March 2..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh gains 1 spot this week to land at #11. Upwards mobility always slows as a song approaches the Top. The song is still showing positive numbers & shows no signs of not making the top.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So gains 1 spot this week & finishes the week at #14. Carrie looks to move up this week as she is sure to pass Lee Ann Womack & a couple of others that will go recurrent, but it is very possible that John Rich’s Shuttin Detroit Down will in turn pass her.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life drops a spot to #31 & drops out of the Top 30 at the same time. It is rumored that they finally shot a video for this song during the past week. The question is, is it to little to late? To the best of my knowledge this song has never surpassed 800 spins a week on a Monday to Monday basis, that isn’t good for a song that has been out this long. Maybe the video will give it a shot in the arm.

Josh Gracin -Telluride remains at #34 for the second consecutive week. This time, however, it is with a negative spin & AI count. There are a ton of songs that are poised to pass him in the next week, so sledding is only going to get tougher.

Sweet Thing by Keith Urban is the new #1 song this week. Once again, it is one week at the top & done as Toby Keith drops out. When will somebody break the string? Darius Rucker looks to be the next in line, but he is quite a ways back, so maybe Keith will be the one.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March 8..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh gains 1 spot this week to & enters the Top 10 at #10. So, Mr. Sligh has his first Top 10 Country hit. Congrats to him, but I gotta say, I just don’t much care for the song. It’s not so much the song itself as it is just a middling vocal. It leaves me wishing the song would end quickly.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So gains 1 spot this week & finishes the week at #13. The sledding is slow & muddled once a song, any song, hit’s the Top 20. The field gets crowded & movement slows. She is still showing good positive numbers & with Kenny Chesney & Toby Keith both going recurrent in the next couple of days, Carrie should gain.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 2 spots this week & reenters the Top 30 at her new highest spot #29. In the up one week down the next week world of Kellie this has been an up week. The song has a pretty good upside number so it could go higher.

Josh Gracin -Telluride drops 8 spots this week & finishes at #42. It is done, due to go recurrent in the next few days.

Sweet Thing by Keith Urban is the #1 song again this week breaking a long string of one & done #1’s. Darius Rucker is still poised to follow Keith, but Brooks & Dunn & George Strait are close behind.

Something I’m going to add, is a weekly new song that I hope does well. This week I choose Sounds Like Life To Me by Daryl Worley. His last song called Tequila On Ice was really nice & commercial radio didn’t pick up on it, so I’m hoping this one does well.. Give it a listen.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March 16..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh gains 2 spots this week & lands firmly inside the Top 10 at #8. There are a bunch of songs bunched up between 1 & 11 so the climb is going to be tough, but Brooks & Dunn & Keith Urban are set to drop out of the running in the next week or so, so #6 is easy for next week.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So also gains 2 spots this week & finishes the week at #11. I have the distinct impression that Country radio is slowing down the spins on this song until the highly anticipated duet with Randy Travis is available to them. Then watch for some big upward movements.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 3 spots this week to hit her new high of #27. For the third week in a row, she has seen some big upward numbers & things are looking more positive. For the first time, on the charts I follow, Kellie has passed the 1,000 spin mark for the previous 7 days.

Josh Gracin -Telluride drops of the charts as I surmised last week. No word yet on the follow up, but I hope they choose more judiciously.

Still nothing rumored from Bucky Covington.

Darius Rucker has moved into the top spot this week with his second consecutive #1 hit, It Won’t Be Like This For Long. George Strait is next in line for now, but I am seeing a big push for Taylor Swift at the moment.

Something I’m going to add, is a weekly new song that I hope does well. This week I choose High Cost of Living by Jamey Johnson. You talk about a song that cuts a mans life to the bone & lays it all out there for everyone to see, this is the song. Warts & all Jamey just tells it like he has experienced it. The High Cost of Living is nothing like the cost of living high. Give it a go.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

Love these updates, razorbacker! I heard that Jamey Johnson song a few times on the local station here and it's pretty racey for country radio, aside from the lesson learned outcome.

I didn't know Chris Sligh wrote that new Rascal Flatts, though. Thanks for that tidbit of information.
    Praise seitan!

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March 23..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh gains 2 more spots this week & finishes the week at # 6. The song keeps moving up the chart, but the upward spin momentum has definitely slowed somewhat. It’ll be interesting to see if it reaches the promised land or not…I think it will even if I don't much care for it.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So moves up 1 spot this week & becomes another Top 10 hit for Carrie coming in at #10. She is now the 4th biggest spin gainer of the week. Some stations are playing the duet version, some are sticking with the original & some are playing both. She is still quite far behind some of those above her, but she is also increasing her lead on those below.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life loses a spot this week to #28. Despite the spot drop, she still showed a positive spin gain. She just got blown out of the water by the new one from Keith Urban.

Still nothing new from Bucky or Josh.

Darius Rucker continues at the top for the 3rd week in a row. Unfortunately that non singing Taylor Swift has passed George Strait & moves into the #2 spot, so it looks as though she might shut him out, at least temporarily.

New Song of the Week:

Wild At Heart by Gloriana.

This is a new group of 2 guys & 2 girls, very reminiscent of Little Big Town & from days gone by The Mamas & Papas. I think you’ll like their new song a bunch. You can give it a listen on their myspace page if you are so compelled.
    They are getting ready to get on the road as the openers for Kellie Picker & Taylor Swift.
    Last edited by razorbacker; 03-23-2009 at 08:58 AM.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

The local station's been playing that Wild at Heart song, and I absolutely hate it. It sounds like some cheesey idol group song that they're forced to sing. Really kind of bland and poppy for my tastes... but it's total radio candy.
    Praise seitan!

Thanks for these weekly updates, I appreciate them.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March 30..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh remains at #6 for the second consecutive week. There have been some big changes in the stations that report to mediabase over the past week, so some of the standings have been really effected. The song still shows good numbers though.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So moves up 1 spot this week to land at #9. The week after her Idol appearance showed a big uptick in numbers, so the past week has been a struggle to maintain that momentum. Songs ahead of her are way ahead & Sugarland’s newest is gaining quickly.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 2 spots this week & ends at # 26. The video has finally been released & seems to have given a needed boost. Positive numbers are looking good this week.

Still nothing new from Bucky or Josh.

Taylor Swift takes over at the top of the charts with her latest warbling effort Wild Horse. George Strait & Jake Owen seem to be locked in a battle for next in line, with Rodney Atkins right on their tails.

New Song of the Week:

I Love Your Love the Most

Eric Church is one of the most overlooked & talented folks on the Country music scene. He once opened for Rascal Flatts yet they fired him for playing to long & to loud. Talk about falling into a pile of crap & coming out smelling like roses, once the Flatts fired him he was immediately hired by Bob Seger as an opener. Give his new song a listen.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Do you think Carrie will hit number one?

+ Reply to Thread