+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for December 29..

As the effects of the Christmas Music rush plays out for another week, we have the same two stalwarts on the charts.

Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear gains 5 spots this week & comes in at # 31. No “official” word yet on the new single, but it is being rumored pretty heavily that they have chosen the Randy Travis cover I Told You So. Interesting choice if it comes to fruition.

Kellie Pickler - Santa Baby gains 4 spots this week to land at #38. We still need the charts return to normality for Best Years Of Your Life to jump big time.

Josh Gracin is in the same boat as everybody else. Once the Christmas music moves out, Telluride should pick up steam.

Now word on any choice of a new single from Bucky. It is probably a wise move to wait until after the Holidays to begin to push a new single.

Here by Rascal Flatts remains at #1 this week but it is being gained on by Sugarland & their latest single Already Gone.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for January 4..

The new year begins, the Christmas songs have disappeared & we have two Idols with a presence on the charts this week.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life sits at #41, that’s the good news. But, the bad news is that even with the extra time the stations can now use to play Country instead of Seasonal, Kellies song showed an increase of only 47 spins week over week. I’m not sure this portends great success for the future. C’mon Kellie.

Josh Gracin -Telluride makes it’s debut in the Top 50 by coming in at #46. It’s still to early to tell how well the song will do in the long run.

Still no confirmation on new songs by either Carrie or Bucky. Though rumors are pretty strong that Carrie has chosen the Randy Travis song I Told You So. If that is the case we should get official confirmation soon.

Already Gone by Sugarland is the new #1 song this week. Looks as though it will be followed by the Brad Paisley/Keith Urban duet, Start a Band.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for January 10..

Again we have just two Idols holding fort.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life remains at #41 for the second consecutive week. The song has an increase of just 36 spins over last week, so it’s going to be a slow mover to say the least. It isn’t in the Top 40 for Increase in spins & new stations aren’t adding the song very quickly either. I fear that Kellie is going to have some tough sledding with this one.

Josh Gracin -Telluride moves up 4 spots to #46. This song is fairing even slower than Kellies having gained just 27 spins. I have even heard rumblings that they are going to release a different song soon. Josh is being added to new stations, but they are mostly limited rotation of 3 - 4 spins a day. Again, outlook is unclear.

Still nothing new confirmed from Bucky. Carrie’s I Told You So hasn’t gone for adds yet & hasn’t been made available for radio to download, so it is still a week or so away.

The Brad Paisley/Keith Urban duet, Start a Band has taken over the top spot. They are being followed by Billy Carrington & Alan Jackson. At the moment the Top 10 are all men, with the lone exception being Sugarland & their song will soon drop from contention.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for January 19..

Carrie makes an appearance this week bumping representation to 3.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 3 spots this week moving into the TOP 40 & sitting at #38. But, once again this is a move upward based on other songs dropping off the charts more than Kellie gaining. She has added only 31 more spins this week than she had last week. It has to be troubling to her team to say the least.

Josh Gracin -Telluride moves up 6 spots & also lands in the TOP 40. Just barely though, the song sits at #40. He has, however, picked up the pace over last week & gained 97 spins week over week.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So make her chart debut this week coming in at #41. The song is the second most added song of the week just behind Tim McGraw (gaining 284 new spins this week). Just as a comparison basis Carrie is just 134 spins & 109,000 AI behind Kellie. I would think that by the official adds date of Feb. 2, this song will be approaching the Top 20.

Still nothing new confirmed from Bucky. He must be back in the studio & prepping his first single from the new album. I can’t imagine any other reason for the lasting disappearance.

I am also going to begin to track the new song from Rascal Flatts because it was written by Chris Sligh. Wouldn’t it be great to see Chris get a #1 hit under his belt?

Country Boy by Alan Jackson is the new #1 this week.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Yes, it would be very cool to see Chris Sligh with a #1. And with Rascal Flatts, that's very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3282595;
    Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for January 19..

I am also going to begin to track the new song from Rascal Flatts because it was written by Chris Sligh. Wouldnít it be great to see Chris get a #1 hit under his belt?

Country Boy by Alan Jackson is the new #1 this week.
    Razorbacker,
    Thanks so much for continuing these updates. I love hearing how the old idols are doing on the country charts as I don't really listen to it much.

It's great to hear Chris is doing well, even if it isn't as a singer. That's awesome! Good for him. I mostly liked his snarky self, although he did push it sometimes. But at least he used his stint on Idol to get out there and sell himself even if it isn't to make himself a 'singing star' so to speak. Good for him. I am sure he loves doing what he does.

Thanks again.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for January 26..

With the addition of the Chris Sligh penned Rascal Flatts song, we now have representation from 4 former Idols on the charts this morning.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So gains a whopping 12 spots to land this week at # 29. The great thing about this song right now is that it has the second biggest Spincrease on the charts at the moment, yet only 128 stations out of the 229 monitored stations are playing it. Of course, it should go without saying, when you are starting from zero it is easy to show big increases, but with the addition of another 100+ stations left to add the song, upside looks really strong.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 2 spots this week moving up to # 36. At this point in the songs life, for every old song she passes on the way up, she seems to be getting passed by a new song that shoves her back down. Still though, she is now eligible to make the countdown shows, so this may help in the long run.

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh makes it’s chart debut this week at #37. A great start for Chris & as it is the first single from the new album, it is sure to gain quickly.

Josh Gracin -Telluride drops a spot to # 41, & that removes it, for the time being from the countdown shows. The songs ahead of him are, for the most part, increasing faster & pulling away, while the songs behind are catching up. The old double whammy.

Evidently, February 16 is the release date for new music from Bucky. They are still debating which song it will be, but they have zeroed in on a date.

Don’t by Billy Currington is the new #1 this week. In the always MALE dominated chart, the top female placing is Taylor Swift at #11 with White Horse.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for February 2..

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So gains 6 spots this week to come in at # 23. Today is the official adds date, so radio has once again accepted a new Carrie song & pushed it well up the charts before they were asked to.

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh gains a big 10 spots this week & lands at #27. I have to be honest & say that the more I hear this song, the less I like it. It isn’t because it is a bad song, it is just an annoying vocal by Gary LeVox. It becomes very strained & difficult to listen to. But, there isn’t a doubt that it will reach the top.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life remains at #36 for the second consecutive week. Unfortunately this week also shows a loss in spins & Audience Impressions from last week. Maybe the announcement of the tour with Taylor Swift will help, but right now the song is on life support.

Josh Gracin -Telluride gains 4 spots this week & sits at #37. This is a big chart move for Josh & is backed with some big increases in the numbers. I’m not sure where the shot of adrenaline came from, but it’s good to see some upward bias.

No word yet on whether the new single will be the fourth from Bucky’s first album, or if it will be the first from the next album. He is in the studio now, so it could go either way.

She Wouldn’t Be Gone by Blake Shelton is the new #1 song this week.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for February 8..

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So gains 2 spots this week to come in at # 21. The log jam at the top will now make progress up the charts more difficult. But, this is the 5th single from her album & it is, for now at least, still holding off the debut single from the new Rascal Flatts album. The song should be in the Billboard Top 20 this week only 6 days past adds date.

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh gains 3 spots this week & lands at #24. This song has the biggest spin increase of any song on the charts at the moment. But, as with Carrie, it now becomes tougher to move past people as the log jam heats up.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life remains at #36 for the third consecutive week. She did see a positive spin crease this week, but Kellie seems to be stuck & her only ability to move up at the moment is when other songs above her drop off. The future of this song is still murky at best.

Josh Gracin -Telluride remains at #37 for the second consecutive week. Josh still has a positive bullit, but as with Kellie he has to rely on other, older, songs falling by the wayside. I do, however, seem to hear this song on the radio around here much more that Kellie’s.

Feel That Fire by Dierks Bentley is the new #1 song this week.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for February 16..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh gains 10 big spots this week & lands at #14. It took a surprisingly long time but the song has finally moved ahead of Carrie. Considering the way first singles from other artists’ albums have performed in the past year or so, this one is way behind the curve. But, as I said earlier, it’s headed for the top.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So gains 5 spots this week & lands at #16. There are still a few stations that haven’t added the song yet & once they do it should give a big boost. It’s going to join the Flatts boys & move toward the top.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 4 spots this week & ends at #32. This is the first time in 4 weeks that the song has advanced up the charts. It shows some life…now will it follow through?

Josh Gracin -Telluride gains only 1 spot to end at #36. It had a good positive spin crease, the main problem is that some of the more popular artists new singles are passing Josh by.

Down the Road by Kenny Chesney is the new #1 song this week now can it buck the recent tradition of 1 week at the top & then gone.

+ Reply to Thread