+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for October 19..

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream remains at #3 for the second week in a row. The charts have changed & the long term prospects are no longer so rosy. Kenny Chesney is falling & Carrie will pass him for the #2 spot in the next few days, but Carrie's rise has slowed a bunch & that non country pop princess Taylor Swift is catching her by leaps & bounds. For the life of me I can’t understand why Country Radio is so enamored with this girl. Carrie is still 920 spins & 6 million AI ahead, but the gap has closed a lot over the past week, so an extended run at the top is very questionable.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, loses 2 spots this week & comes in at #14. As I predicted last week Bucky passed older songs that were falling, but was in turn passed by newer songs rising faster. He is still showing a positive bullit, but there are numerous songs nipping at his heels from behind.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains 1 spots this week finishing at #20. She has regained her upward momentum & is showing some increases, so Kellie may be on the charts with this song for a while yet.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - drops 1 spot & sits at #35 this week. KLC continues to have a positive move in both spins & AI, but they are both small. She just needs more stations to add the song. There are those stations out there that won’t add a song until it hit’s the Top 30, especially if it comes from a new artist.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable - drops 2 spots this week to reside at #40. It is a true roller coaster ride for Josh on this song. Up 1 week, down the next. It seems to have gained no true traction in either direction yet.

Toby Keith has taken his spot at the top of the charts, Kenny Chesney has fallen to #2 & Carrie is in line to move up. #1 for Carrie looks to be a couple of weeks away. Will this be her first song not to hit #1?

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for October 27..

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream becomes Carries 8th consecutive #1 hit this week. Her record breaking streak continues. She was the only artist to ever have their first 7 songs go to the top & she just extended that. She is now 1,000 spins & a bit more than 6 million AI’S ahead of Taylor Swift, so the lead has increased a bit making a second week look very doable.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk jumps a big 5 spots this week & sits at #9 giving Bucky a Top 10 hit. It looks to have some really good upward bias at the moment & will definitely pass Chesney & Toby on their way down.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful drops 5 spots & drops out of the Top 20 to come in at #25. Kellie is experiencing a big loss in spins this week so it looks as though the song has definitely peaked.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - gains 5 spots & sits at #30 this week giving KLC her first Top 30 hit. It is to be expected that more stations will now either add the song or move it up a bit in their hierarchy.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable - gains back the 2 spots he lost last week & moves back into the Top 40 at #38. It seems to be on a slippery track at the moment, so the next couple of weeks should be telling.

Once Toby Keith hit the top, it seems as though the wheels just came off & he began to drop immediately, thereby opening the way for Carrie. Taylor Swift has slowed for the time being, but with the pending release of her new album & the CMA’S on the horizon, I expect her label to pull out all the stops & try to get her to the top on album release date. The Zac Brown Band is catching her pretty quickly though.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for November 3..

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream remains at #1 hit this week for the second consecutive week. Taylor Swift & The Zac Brown Band are both closing in so a third week is highly doubtful at the moment.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk drops a spot this week to end at #10. Bucky keeps getting passed by more established artists with faster rising songs & for the first time he is now showing a loss in spins

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - gains another spot this week & moves up to #29. She is still showing pretty good upward thrust, but there are so many songs catching her from behind that prospects are cloudy.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful drops another big 6 spots this week & falls out of the Top 30 ending at # 31. This song should drop completely off the charts next week, so I suspect it won’t be long until the next one is announced

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable - remains at # 38 for the second consecutive week. Josh has experienced some really tough sledding with thie one, but so did Bucky, so all hope isn’t faded just yet.

It has been a very weird year on the Country Charts. Carrie earns a second week at #1 with Just a Dream, but the song joins only Letter to Me, Waitin on a Woman (both by Brad Paisley) & You’re Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins as the only four songs in the entire year to get more than 1 week at the top. And JAD is the first song since July to repeat at the top. Country Radio seems to be in a churn & burn mode.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for November 10..

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream after spending 2 weeks at the top of the charts, this week the song drops 2 spots & lands at #3. I expect an announcement about the next single soon (rumors are that Crazy Dreams is up), but my understanding is that JAD will be her performances song at the CMA Awards this Wednesday night.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk gains 2 spots this week & now sits at #8. Just the opposite from last week, Bucky had some big positive moves this week.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - gains another 3 spots this week & moves up to #26. She sits at her highest point ever & is still showing some strong upwards momentum.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable - gains 2 spots this week to come in at #36. It looks as though this is going to be a very slow mover for Josh, but he isn’t fading away, so that is a good thing.

As expected, Kellie Pickler has dropped off the charts this week. I would expect to get an announcement in the not to distant future as to the next single, but she announced quite some time ago, that her co-write with Taylor Swift would get the nod. Speaking of Taylor, her song Love Story is now the #1 Country song. She is just barely ahead of the Zac Brown Band though, so multiple weeks is undetermined.

PS: For the umpteenth week in a row, Phil Stacey is a no show. Has he disappeared already?

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for November 16..

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream drops a further 3 spots this week & ends at #6. No word yet on a follow up, but rumors are that they will be releasing a Christmas song for the time being & following up with the next Country single closer to Christmas.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk continues the roller coaster ride of the past weeks. This week he drops 1 spot to finish at # 9 and he shows a big drop off in spins from last week.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - drops 5 spots this week to fall out of the Top 30 & end at #31. She is still showing good positive numbers, but she got swallowed up in a wave of more established artists passing her.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable - is on the same roller coaster as Bucky. This week Josh drops a spot to #37, & this week he experienced a pretty big drop in spins.

Kellie has indeed added the song Best Days of Your Life that she debuted on the CMA Awards last Wed. night. But, she hasn’t garnered enough spins yet to crack the Top 50.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for November 24..

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream drops a further 2 spots this week & ends at #8. This
    will be the songs last week on the charts as it will go recurrent. They have decided against releasing another Country single at this time & instead went with Do You Hear What I Hear from the Christmas CD included in the WalMart Exclusive edition of Carnival Ride.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk - drops a huge 6 spots this week to land at #15. This song should also drop off the charts at some point in the coming week. No word yet on a follow up.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - remains at #31 for the second consecutive week. But, it is showing a big airplay loss week over week, so it may also be done.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable drops a further 2 spots to #39 & is also showing huge drop in the vital numbers. This is yet another song that may fall out during the week.

Next weeks update may be completely void of Idols. It looks as though it is entirely possible that all the above will drop of the charts this week & go recurrent. And, if Kellie Pickler doesn’t pick up some steam, she may not make it either. At this point her new single isn’t even among Top 30 most added new songs, so it looks to be experiencing a strong headwind. That performance on the CMA show certainly didn’t win her any favors.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for December 1..

It is a rather short & disheartening list this week.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - moves up to #29 this week but does so with decreasing spin count & moved up only due to other songs dropping off. This will be Kristy’s last week on the chart unless something drastic happens.

And that’s all folks.

Carrie, Bucky & Josh dropped off & Kellie has yet to make an appearance. Country radio is being taken over by Christmas music for the time being. Carrie has 2 songs & Kellie has 1 that are rising fast & may make appearances on next weeks charts. Josh Gracins’ follow up single is Telluride, hopefully it will fare better than his last one did. No announcement on Bucky’s yet. The weird thing is that Kellie’s single isn’t even in the Top 40 of the most added songs yet. But, it just went for adds today, so that should change.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for December 8..

The is a drastic 100% increase in the amount of Idol representation this week. 2 songs, up from just 1.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - drops 3 spots this week to land at #32. It surprised me by hanging in for another week, as I had predicted it would fall off.

Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear enters the chart at #45. It is obviously a short term Christmas phenomenon, but nonetheless, here it is anyway.

And that’s all folks.

Anyone that has been following these ramblings for the past few weeks is probably aware of the mixed prognosis for Kellie Pickler’s newest. Well, we are now a full week past the official adds date & Kellie has yet to make an appearance. The song sitting at #50 at the moment is Everything by Jessica Andrews & it has a relatively paltry 222 spins & 852,000 Audience Impressions. If Kellies song hasn’t been able to match this by now, that is a troubling sign, but it could be credited in large part to so much Christmas music being played at the moment.

We have a new #1 this week…Roll With Me by Montgomery Gentry.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for December 14..

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - hangs in but drops an astounding 9 spots to land at #41. I have to wonder if once this song drops off, will we see KLC on the charts again anytime in the near future? I’m still surprised that Arista didn’t give her at least a shot at a second single.

Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear gains 2 spots this week & comes in at # 43. Carries tour comes to an end tonight, but look for her next Saturday Night on GAC as they will be airing their Christmas at the Opry show that is being taped Tuesday night from the Ryman.

Kellie Pickler - Best Days of Your Life finally makes it’s chart debut at #49. There are now 78 stations that have added the song to their play lists. It should get a bigger bump once the Christmas music begins to fade in a couple of weeks.

Roll With Me by Montgomery Gentry continues in the #1 position.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for December 22..

If not for Christmas music we would be void of any Idol participation on this weeks Country Charts.

Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear gains 7 spots this week & comes in at # 36. Once Thursday passes & stations switch back to regularly scheduled programming, I’m sure all Christmas music will drop like a rock. It should be time for Carrie to announce her next single. I’m hoping for Flat on the Floor or The More Boy’s I Meet.

Kellie Pickler - Santa Baby enters the charts this week at #42. It’s good to see her Christmas music on the chart, but it was to the disadvantage of Best Days of Your Life, which has temporarily fallen out of the Top 50. I have to presume that next week BDOYL will show a big gain & reenter the Top 50 probably in the mid 40's.

Kristy Lee Cook, is off the charts. I wonder when, if ever, she will reappear.

Josh Gracin’s Telluride is the # 1 on the Taking Off Charts gaining 4 new stations & 40 new spins from those stations. He has an increase of 137 total spins week over week. So we may see him enter the Top 50 once the Christmas Music is gone.

Here by Rascal Flatts is the new #1 this week.

+ Reply to Thread