+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest update for August 18. Top 50 only…again

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream gains 3 spots this week to finish at #14. The sledding from here to the top just gets more difficult & the climb will most likely slow down from week to week.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, gains 5 spots this week to #22. To the best of my faltering memory this is the biggest jump yet for Bucky.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains 3 spots this week to sit at #27, creeping back into the Top 30.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - KLC makes her very first foray into the Top 50, but just barely, coming in at #49. Her song is just getting started though, all looks good so far .

Josh Gracin has dropped off & there is no replacement to report on at this time. I am about to give up on Phil’s new song making the Top 50. I have never even heard it on XM, which is highly unusual. They always play new stuff long before anyone else.

FORT Newbie

i love carries new song just a dream its my favorite song by her the video is a very heartfelt song that touches the heart ..... i hope just a dream goes to number 1 and stays there for a long time .....

Here is the latest update for August 24. Top 50 only…again

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream gains 2 spots this week to finish at #12. The song is still showing great positive numbers, but the songs ahead are well ahead, so upward movement from this point is going to be slower than usual.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, gains 1 spot this week to come in at #21. Bucky’s song has resorted back to the slow & steady pace of the past, but it looks as though it will head higher still.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful drops 2 spots this week to end at #29. Kellie is still showing positive upward numbers, she just keeps getting passed by other songs moving faster.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - gains 1 spot this week & is now sitting at #48. The song is just getting started but is picking up a few stations at a time & is the 5th most added song for the week.,

Josh Gracin & Phil are once again no shows.

Here is the latest update for September 1. Top 50 only…again

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream remains at #12 for the second week in a row. The song is still showing great positive numbers, with the 9th biggest increase in spins, but there is an incredible log jam in the Top 10, & gaining spots is going to be tougher as the time passes. Once the smoke clears I expect this song to have multiple weeks at #1. The video already has over 1,000,000 you tubes views & great positive comments.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, gains 3 more spots this week to finish at #19. It looks to be holding it’s own pretty well.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains 4 spots this week & comes in at #25. The problem is that Kellie gained spots due mostly to other songs going recurrent & there are a whole slough of songs rapidly catching her from behind. Outlook cloudy.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - gains 7 big spots this week to come in just outside the Top 40 at #41. This song is getting pretty good grass roots support & should move up pretty well.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable has been announced as Josh’s follow up. It hasn’t hit the Top 50 yet, but it is the 3rd biggest gainer on the Taking Off charts. It looks to be good news for Josh.

The same can‘t be said for Phil as he is once again a no show.

Here is the latest update for September 8. Top 50 only…again

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream moves up 1 spot to #11. This has turned into a really weird chart run, not only for Carrie but for all the songs around her. She is closing in on 3 songs that are falling, & 2 other songs that are stalling, but the song closest behind her is 700 spins & 6 million Audience Impressions back. So, it could be an interesting next few weeks.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, gains 2 spots this week to finish at #17. For those of you that are going to be watching the CMA Music Fest special tonight on ABC, look for Bucky to have a special segment all his own.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains 1 spots this week & finishes at #24. Still holding on, but for some reason just not taking off. This isn’t a very good lead in to album sales. Kellie will have a huge role, though, in tonights CMA Music Fest show as not only a performer but as a co -host.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - gains just 1 small spot this week, but it is the spot that moves her into her first Top 40 hit, as she comes in at #40. Still showing some nice positive numbers & now that she has hit the countdowns, she should see some good increases

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable has moved into tracking territory this week by finally hitting spot #50. We’ll see where it goes from here, but signs point up.

I pheel badly for all the Phil phans, as he has done a major disappearing act. Strange goings on.

Here is the latest update for September 15. Top 50 only…again

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream moves up 3 spots to enter the Top 10 at #8.. The chart in front of her seems to be falling apart & the song closest behind her is 1100 spins & 8 million Audience Impressions back.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, remain at #17 for the second consecutive week. It is still showing positive upward spins, but it is a small week over week increase.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains 1 spots this week & finishes at #23. I must say, I am surprised that this song hasn’t done better for Kellie. I definitely expected her to outdo Bucky, but that hasn’t been the case. It puzzles me. It can't help her much that she has already announced to the world that her next single will be one that she co-wrote with Taylor Swift. It's odd to announce a follow up while the current is still viable.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - drops 3 spots this week falling out of the Top 40 & landing at #43. It looks to be the result of new songs by bigger artists passing her. Taylor Swift & Brad Paisley shot past & into the Top 25 on their debut.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable holds onto the #50 spot for the second week. I still haven’t heard the song, so I can’t comment at all.

The Phil watch is over. He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

By the way, it looks as though the next two #1 songs will come from Darius Rucker & Kid Rock in that order. Can you say crossover? I knew you could.

Here is the latest update for September 21.

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream moves up 1 spot this week to land at #7. What once looked like a positive chart for Carrie is now looking pretty dicey. Labels are beginning to really push 1st singles from new albums by Taylor Swift & Brad Paisley among others, so can Carrie get to the top? That is the big question.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, remains at #17 for the third consecutive week. It looks right now that the only way for Bucky to get any higher is to gain a spot when songs above him drop off. There are too many songs behind him catching him to rapidly.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful drops 1 spots this week & finishes at #24. Kellie is on the verge of getting absolutely swamped on this chart. New songs by Rascal Flatts, Brad Paisley, Sugarland, & Trace Adkins among others are going to blow by her.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - gains 2 spots this week remaining just outside the Top 40 to land at # 41. She is still getting new stations adding the song & showing positive spins moves, but will it be enough?

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable holds onto the #50 spot for the third consecutive week. Looks like a bit of tough sledding on this one.

Well I got part of my prediction correct last week. I was right in that Darius Rucker is now at #1. I was wrong on Kid Rock though. He has been passed by Kenny Chesney, so Kid may not get to the top afterall.

Here is the latest update for September 29.

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream moves up 2 spot this week to land at #5. The inner workings of this chart changes so much from week to week, it is hard to tell what will happen next. But, this week, Carrie has opened up a huge lead of over 9 million Audience Impressions on the songs behind her. So, if she ever gets to #1, it could be for multiple weeks.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, gains 4 spots this week & lands at #13. I must say I am a bit surprised at this, mainly because it has taken so long & had so many fits & starts to get there. But, top 10 is not out of the question.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful remains at #24 for the second consecutive week.. The song has a positive spin move of only 7 from week to week, so while it is still positive, it is a very week positive. Maybe the release of her album will help the song this week.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - gains 4 spots this week getting well into the Top 40 & landing at #36. It seems as though she is getting some positive momentum from the release of her album. She should get some more positive moves, because she is now available for the countdown shows.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable - finally gets off the mark & gains 5 spots to #45. I was wondering if he would ever leave #50 behind, but we have some movement.

Darius Rucker is now at #1 on both the Singles Chart & the Album charts. It looks as though he is definitely destined for a multiple week run at the Top, & will be followed by Kenny Chesney.

Here is the latest update for October 6..

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream remains at #5 for the second consecutive week. The log jam above her has begun to break a bit as Darius & Kid Rock are both on the downslide and the songs behind her continue to be 8 million AI’S behind. It still looks as though a multi week stay at #1 is possible. And the song could very well be at #1 when she hosts & performs at the CMA’S next month

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, drops 1 spot this week to #14. He is still showing some strong upward bias & Top 10 is definitely within reach.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains 1 spot this week to land at #23. Kellie is in the same position that Carrie is in, in that she has a big lead on songs catching her from behind. The only 1 getting close is Trace Adkins & he is 2.5 million AI’S back.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - drops back 1 spot this week & lands at #37. She should hang into the Top 40 for a while as older songs drop off & go recurrent, but it looks as though she is going to get swamped by new songs from Josh Turner & Miranda Lambert. Slight upward bias, but a slow trek is in store.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable - gains another 4 spots this week & sits just outside the Top 40 at #41. It has taken a while but it seems to finally be gaining some upward momentum & he also has his eyes set on KLC.

Kenny Chesney has taken over the top spot & Toby Keith looks to be in line to succeed him. Then the doors should open for Carrie.

Here is the latest update for October 13..

Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream moves up 2 spots this week & is now at #3. She has passed both Darius & Kid & is closing in on Toby. It looks like Taylor Swift is closing the fastest behind her (for the life of me I can’t figure out why), but Carrie is still 1,100 spins & 7.9 mil Audience Impressions ahead, so once she hit’s the top it could be for an extended stay.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk, gains 2 spots this week & comes in at #12. He is still showing upward momentum & will pass some of the older songs that are falling, but newer songs are rising fast behind him, so getting to the Top 10 is 50/50 right now.

Kellie Pickler - Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful gains 2 spots this week & now sits at # 21. The problem is that Kellie is now showing a spin decrease from last week. It’s to early to say the song is done, but it isn’t looking to positive.

Kristy Lee Cook - 15 Minutes of Shame - gains 3 spots & sits at #34 this week. KLC is still showing some very positive moves & as more stations add the song to their play lists & move it up in rotation it should improve her standings.

Josh Gracin - Unbelievable - gains another 3 spots this week & sits inside the Top 40 finally at #38. Josh looks to be in about the same position as KLC, in that he just needs to be added to more play lists & he will soar. He is also now available to be played on the countdown shows which will also help him out.

Kenny Chesney remains at the top, but his song is now showing some weakness. Toby is closing in but Carrie is catching Toby just as fast.

+ Reply to Thread