+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2927128;
    Let me tell you, this will be my 3rd year in a row to attend the CMA event & it is just an incredible week & well worth the money. I paid $135 for floor seats for the night time shows in the stadium, all the day time concerts down by the river, & all the autograph signing sessions I could get to. It breaks down to about 50 cents per act when all is said & done.

Just as an example here is the lineup on Friday Night in the stadium, Keep in mind that this is at the end of the day & doesn't include the 26 acts that had already performed on the river front stage during the day time.

Montgomery Gentry (& there special surprise guest Ted Nugent), Sara Evans, Jason Aldean, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town & Sugarland. Now tell me 6 acts of that stature that would show up for any other genre, play 25 to 30 minutes, not fight for closing slots & do it for free. It just isn't going to happen.

2 years ago for instance, Kenny Chesney was on tour & in NYC. But, he flew his whole band to Nashville on Friday night for the opportunity to take the stage & perform 3 songs.

If you get the chance to go, DO NOT turn it down.

I might have to plan to go next year. This year it starts the day after my sister's birthday (great birthday present for her next year if it's on at the same time!), but I already have tickets to Kenny Chesney's Poets & Pirates tour here on June 8th. I'm not a K-ches fan, but Brooks & Dunn are playing and I will never tire of seeing them. Also, LeAnn Rimes (whom I've never gotten the pleasure of seeing live), Gary Allan (whom I love) and newcomer Luke Bryan (whose debut album is among my favorites released last year!).

Back to the country charts, 'it's good to be us' hasn't been played as much locally, but that new Kenny Chesney song is already annoying the heck out of me. Last Name is being played every hour on the hour.
    Praise seitan!

Here is the latest update for April 28.

The list this week is smaller by 1 song.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name moves into the Top 10 this week coming in at # 9. The log jam is really tight right now for songs 1-10. Kenny Chesney is still nipping at her heels.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy has a good upward movement this week moving from #25 to #22. It looks as though movement into the Top 20 is a definite possibility.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me finally moves into the Top 30 this week landing at #29. Maybe a few more stations will add the song to their play lists now & it will show some steady upward movement. At least Phil can celebrate his first Top 30 hit.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk. I still haven’t heard this song, but it improves it’s standing climbing from #72 to hit # 63, & the chart run begins in earnest.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet keeps hanging around & comes in this week at # 91.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good To Be Us & Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind both drop from the charts this week & have gone recurrent. However, while Bucky has another single on the move there seems to be nothing yet from Kellie.

Here is the latest update May 4.

The week shows some major holding patterns for most everyone & there is still no evidence of a follow up single for Kellie Pickler.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name remains at # 9 for the second consecutive week. The log jam is really tight right now for songs 1-10. Two songs above her are ready to go recurrent in the next few days, but the difference between songs 6-10 is really tight, so she may pass a few, but Kenny Chesney may pass her.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy is #22 for the second week in a row. It is still showing a positive upside, but the next move, up or down, can’t be predicted yet.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me drops out of the Top 30 this week falling from #29 to #32. The song still shows a positive bullit, but as in weeks past Phil passes a song going recurrent only to be passed by new songs from more established artists. The song doesn’t appear to be dead, just sleeping.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk. Moves up from #63 to end the week at #58. It is getting more stations to pick it up, so the next few weeks should be good.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet keeps hanging around & moves forward from #91 last week to come in at #89 this week.

And that is it for the shortened, Kellie Picklerless, chart this week.

Here is the latest update May 12.

A second consecutive week of marking time for most of the songs this week.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name moves up this week to #8, but it is a pretty tentative hold to say the least. Kenny Chesney is right on her heels. Other songs in front of her are falling though, & from the way the song was greeted in Little Rock last night at her concert, I’d say it is far from done.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy moves up one spot this week to come in at #21. It still has some upward momentum so an entrance into the Top 20 is definitely not out of the question.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me moves up to #28 this week & is now at the highest point ever. I believe it is still destined for bigger things

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk. Moves up to #52 this week. I finally heard the song & it is one of those tear jerker type of songs. I think once it hit’s the top 40 it should be around for a while.

Phil Stacey - It’s Who You Know comes in at #79 this week. As with most new album releases, songs other that the current single gain some curiosity spins. I’m kind of surprised that there aren’t a few more of his songs charting this week.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet keeps flip flopping between positions & this week it falls back to #91.

I have heard that the reason there has been no follow up for Kellie Pickler is that her next single is going to be the first one from her new album. And that she is going to debut the song on the ACM Awards this coming Sunday night.

Here is the latest update May 19.

We see some movement this week. Some good, some not so good, but at least the treading of water seems to be gone.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name moves up this week to #6. Kenny Chesney remains right on her heels, but after her performance last night on the CMA Awards, I expect Carrie to head higher in the coming weeks.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy as I said last week at move into the Top 20 was entirely possible & that’s just what has happened. The song sits at #20 this morning.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me drops to #29 this week, but it has also lost it’s bullit for the moment. It may be temporary, so the next week will tell. Is the song headed higher or is it done?

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk. Moves gains 4 spots this week to come in at #48. It looks like it is going to be some slow sledding at least for the near term.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet moves up a couple of spots this week & now sits at #89.

Kellie debuted her song last night at the CMA show. I haven’t seen a radio adds date yet, so we’ll see how it goes.

Here is the latest update May 26.

It’s been an interesting week on the charts. Lot’s of place holding, not much movement one way or the other, & a couple of interesting debuts down at the lower end of the charts.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name remains at #6 for the second consecutive week. She & Kenny Chesney are playing tag & have been for a few weeks now. Almost all the songs in front of her have lost a lot of momentum, so the next few weeks will tell the tale.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy gains 1 spot this week & comes in at #19. He is still showing upward momentum & is poised to move higher.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me remains at #29 for the second consecutive week & also shows a negative bullit for the second week in a row. This song looks to be done. I believe the recurrent rules will remove the song from the charts in the next few days.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk moves up only 1 spot this week & comes in at #47. That’s not a good thing for a brand new song to be gaining spins so slowly. It’s going to be touch & go for a while yet.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful hit the charts for the first time this week at #57. That is a pretty decent debut so I expect good things from Kellie this time around. It is the first single from her second album, so there is a lot riding on it.

Carrie Underwood/Brad Paisley - Make the World Go Away #87. This is the duet from The ACM’S that the two performed together. Radio thought enough of the performance to actually play it often enough to move it onto the charts. For many of the reviewrs of the actual show, this was the highlight performance & vocal of the night. I don’t expect it to be there too long though.

David Archuleta - Smoky Mountain Memory, how’s this for a shocker. I think this is one of his previous recordings that appeared on the internet. But, it shows up this week at #89 & it was sitting at #100 just a couple of days ago.

Bucky Covington - The Bible & The Belt premiers at #98. I’m not sure of the reason behind this. It may be that a rogue station somewhere gave the song a couple of spins & that was enough to move it into the Top 100.

Not that it matters to many of you, but I won’t be around to update this next week. It’s time for CMA Music Fest & I’m off to Nashville for the week.

Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Remember our fighting forces, past & present in your prayers.

Thank you for the updates razor

For country music and AI fans, Haley Scarnato from Season 6 will be releasing a country album this year. She was interviewed by MTV on the red carpet at the finale last week and said she was excited about it. Hmm. She never struck me as a country kind of girl, so I'm curious to see what she does.
    2003-2008.

Here is the latest update June 9.

After a two week break for vacation, here is where we currently stand. It is a rather space list this week as Phil drops off.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name It has been a tough battle with Kenny Chesney, but Carrie has finally put some distance between herself & him & Last Name, as of late last night, was in the #1 position on the Radio & Records Country Charts. On the Mediabase Charts,which I have always used for these reports, she is at #2 with only Brad Paisley in front of her & he has begun to fall rather quickly. It is just a matter of days before she hits #1 on all the Charts. So we are seeing Carries string of #1 hits go untarnished, & Carrie will also have her 3rd #1 as a song writer.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy continues to show some strong upward mobility & is now at #16 with a rather nice bullit & looks to move up even higher.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk moves up only 4 spots over the past 2 weeks & is now at #43. I found it rather telling this weekend at CMA Music Fest when Bucky chose not to play this song during his set. It is going really slow for him this time around.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful moves up 9 spots this time around to sit at #46. Kellie got a really good response from the crowd in Nashville, not only for this song, but her whole set. If you decide to watch the Sept. 9th airing of the Festival on ABC, you’ll see Kellie gets a pretty big role in the whole thing.

And that’s it this time around.

Here is the latest update for June 16.

What a strange strange week of Chart shenanigans this week brought us. Here is where we stand as of today.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name Carrie finally hits #1 on the mediabase charts, however, she has fallen to #2 & spends only 1 week at #1 on the Billboard charts. I have to ask, how in the world does a song like this, jump from #5 all the way to #1 in just a few days time & then spend only 1 week at #1? Especially considering the fact that the song is still only 13 weeks old. There is some major manipulation going on behind the scenes for something like this to happen. All American Girl was sacrificed by her label in an attempt to get Alan Jackson a week at #1 & it now looks as though they have done the same thing with Last Name in order to benefit Kenny Chesney. The women in Country Music, not just Carrie, but all the women, seem to get short shrift all the time so that another hat act can hit the top. Color me irritated to the extreme.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy spends a 2nd week at #16, but is still showing a positive bias, & should move higher still.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk gains 3 spots this week & finally jumps into the top 40 but just barely coming in at #40. This song is going to be a really slow mover & I found it very telling when he decided against singing it during his set at CMA Fest. I’m still not sure where it is headed.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful moves up 2 spots this week & finishes at #44. I’m kind of surprised that we aren’t seeing it move a bit quicker. I think it is a good song that really has potential, but maybe just like Bucky, she is going to move slowly.

And that is the really short list this week.

Here is the latest update for June 23.

And moving right along, into the Summer doldrums. Who else besides me is incredulous that it is almost July 4th. Where has the year gone?

Carrie Underwood - Last Name Carrie sits at #2 this week. It has been hush hush, but reports are that she was filming the video for the next single during her only day off last week. They had police security to keep people out & filmed outside of Nashville in a remote location. No word yet on a release date, but the next single is the truly heart stopping Just a Dream.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy moves up another 2 spots this week & lands at #14. It is still showing strong upward bias & may even hit the Top 10.

Bucky Covington - I’ll Walk gains 3 spots this week & moves solidly into the Top 40 at # 37. This song is showing gains, but is moving really slowly, so it’s either going to peak really early or be around for a long time creaping slowly upwards. Too early to tell which at this point.

Kellie Pickler Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful moves up 5 spots this week & finishes at #39. The song seems to be gaining some good momentum, let’s hope it does well for Kellie & helps top kick off the second album on a high note.

It is very strange that there has been no mention of a follow up single for Phil Stacey yet. His first one has been off the charts for a couple of weeks now, but still nothing.

+ Reply to Thread