+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Thanks, Razor, this is cool. Just wondering, what chart are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte;2823718;
    Thanks, Razor, this is cool. Just wondering, what chart are you using?
    Mediabase, it updates twice daily.

Here is the latest update for March 9.

Carrie Underwood - All American Girl remains at #1 for the second week. A third week is definitely possible, but Kenny Chesney/George Strait are coming on pretty fast. Since Carries first appearance at the top of the charts with Jesus Take the Wheel she now has 19 weeks at #1. This is the most by any female Country artist in this decade.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good Us Remains at #16 for the second consecutive week. He is still showing positive momentum, but he may have peaked as many songs are catching him from behind.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind Drops back to #20 this week falling two spots. She has been up & down for the past 3 weeks. Next week should tell if it is going higher or if it has stalled.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy Remains in the Top 30 this but falls from 29 to 30. His airplay remains steady, not moving much one way or the other.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me jumps from #43 to #41 this week. He is still showing a positive bullit, but it seems as though for every song that goes recurrent & drops off the charts allowing him to move up, another new song passes him keeping him grounded.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name #98. It looks as though radio has really been concentrating on getting All American Girl to the top by giving that song all the spins that were being split between all the other songs. So one week LN is up, the next week it’s The More Boys I Meet or Flat on the Floor.

Here is the latest update for March 17. Happy St. Patricks day to all!

Carrie Underwood - All American Girl after spending two weeks at #1 AAG drops to #2 this week. There were some really weird goings on this week. Just last week it was riding high & looked set for 4 - 5 weeks at the top. Then out of the blue the label announced that Last Name would be the next single, sent it out to radio & asked them to begin playing it on April 7. This had the effect of sabotaging AAG & was done in large part to get Alan Jackson to #1 by the time his album came out (Carrie & Alan are label mates, so it appears as though one was sacrificed for the benefit of the other). Chart manipulation at it’s best, or most conspicuous. It is extremely rare for a label to announce a new single while the other is still climbing the charts, much less sitting at the top.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good Us jumps from #16 to #14 this week & seems to have experienced a brief rebirth.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind jumps from #20 to #18 this week. But, even with the upward chart position, the song has experienced a relatively large loss in airplay & looks to be headed for a downslide in the weeks to come. I’m really surprised that this song hasn’t gone higher.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy Remains in the Top 30 & jumps from 29 to 27. His airplay remains steady, & this week it was good enough to move him upwards.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me jumps from #41 to #36 this week. Phil is now showing some bigger upwards moves & a larger list of stations playing the song. He can now “officially” claim his first Top 40 hit.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name As I said above LN was announced as Carries next single. The label requested a radio adds date of April 7, but as we have seen with all of Carries singles, once they are announced radio begins to play them. So the song jumps this week from #98 to an incredible #53. I have no doubt whatever, that by this time next week the song will be well within the Top 40. I expect that this song may garner some cross over success.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet re-enters the chart this week at #96.

Here is the latest update for March 24.

Carrie Underwood - All American Girl drops this week from #2 to #5, as radio stations begin to take spins away from the song & give them to Last Name.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good Us jumps another spot this week as it moves from #14 to #13. It looks possible to move even higher in the next few weeks.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind remains at #18 for the second consecutive week. I’m still very surprised that she didn’t sing this song last week on Idol. I believe the show would have given this song a great kick, but alas, it didn’t happen.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy Remains at #27 for the second week in a row. His airplay remains steady, & it looks as though the song is poised to be around for a while yet.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name As I said last week, once radio stations get word of a new single, they begin to play it regardless of requested adds dates. The same has happened to Last Name as the song jumps 19 spots on the charts from #53 all the way to #34. By the update next week it could very well be into the upper 20’s.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me jumps #36 to #35 this week. Phil is hanging in, passing a couple of older songs here, getting passed by a couple of newer songs there. But, more stations are picking up the song & it looks like it might gain some legs.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet climbs this week from #96 to come in at # 93, it’s getting very minimal airplay, but it’s just enough to keep it in the Top 100.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I have satellite radio in my car, and I have it set to alert me whenever certain artists are playing on any of their stations. Carrie is one of those artists. Up until this weekend, "Before He Cheats" was getting the most airplay followed closely by "All-American Girl". Occasionally, I'd hear one of her other singles. This weekend it was "Last Name" all the time. Seems to really be taking off. This song could be the "Before He Cheats" of Carnival Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2864846;
    I have satellite radio in my car, and I have it set to alert me whenever certain artists are playing on any of their stations. Carrie is one of those artists. Up until this weekend, "Before He Cheats" was getting the most airplay followed closely by "All-American Girl". Occasionally, I'd hear one of her other singles. This weekend it was "Last Name" all the time. Seems to really be taking off. This song could be the "Before He Cheats" of Carnival Ride.
    I have XM, don't know how to set my radio for those alerts though. The Justice Dept. yesterday approved the merger of XM & Sirius, now it's up to the FCC.

Back on topic. All American Girl has been & remains #1 in Canada now for the 6th week.

Here is the latest update for March 31.

Carrie Underwood - All American Girl drops this week from #5 to #8. This is the last week that this song will appear on the media base charts, but do to different charting methods it will remain on the Billboard charts for another couple of weeks yet.

Bucky Covington - It’s Good Us moves all the way up to #10 this week. It is still showing very positive upward momentum, but now the sledding gets tougher as songs from 8 to 11 are all tightly bunched.

Kelli Pickler - Things that Never Cross a Man’s Mind moves up from #18 to #15 this week. Unfortunately the upward move is due mostly to other songs falling off the charts, but that is one of the ways to move up, so it’s possible this song will go higher.

Carrie Underwood - Last Name As I said last week that I expected this song to be in the upper 20‘s this week, but it has even surpassed that & now sits at #23, with a huge positive bullit of almost 700 more spins this week over last week. It has already been picked as a future Top 10 on at least one of the Countdown shows, but I see nothing keeping it from becoming Carries 7th consecutive #1.

Josh Gracin - We Weren’t Crazy Moves up from #27 to # 25 this week. He is maintaining his own & looks to be headed higher.

Phil Stacey - If You Didn’t Love Me remains at #35 for the second consecutive week. As I said before, it seems as though every time Phil passes an old song to move up a new song catches him from behind & keeps him in place.

Carrie Underwood - The More Boys I Meet drops from # 93 to #95. The song is still getting minimal airplay, but it’s just enough to keep it in the Top 100.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

Great thread. I haven't heard the local country stations playing 'Last Name' yet, but they're usually a little behind.

The record company should have released 'Just a Dream' instead of 'Last Name', IMO
    Praise seitan!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBase;2885829;
    Great thread. I haven't heard the local country stations playing 'Last Name' yet, but they're usually a little behind.

The record company should have released 'Just a Dream' instead of 'Last Name', IMO
    Last Name is more of a Summer type of song. Upbeat & more beach listenable. Just a Dream on the other hand is a great fall/end of year type of song. I think that was a lot of the reasoning behind the release schedule. I believe JAD will be next.

+ Reply to Thread