+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for April 5, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie DROPS TO #4 THIS WEEK AFTER SPENDING A WEEK AT #1. Time for the next single.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny sits at #28 this week. He is still showing modest upward momentum but at least it’s positive momentum.

Bucky Covington – A Father’s Love – The song debuts this week at #48. There is a lot of week songs ahead of him so he may be able to progress more rapidly than he normally does.

Zac Brown Band sits at the top this week, to be followed by Lady Antebellum

New Song of the Week:

Water
    I just like Brad Paisley. He has a great sound going for him & this song is another good one.

Top 40
    #13 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #17 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #22 Daughtry – Life After You
    #39 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted

Hot AC
    #3 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #4 Daughtry – Life After You
    #12 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #19 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted
    #36 Carrie Underwood – Cowboy Casanova

AC
    #3 Kelly Clarkson – Already Gone
    #14 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #16Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #18 Daughtry – Life After You

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for April 12, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie drops 3 spots to #7 this week. It will probably be the last week on the chart for the song. It has long been rumored that Undo It will be next, in fact she filmed the video for the song during a concert last week. I suspect it will be debuted next Sunday during the ACM Awards show.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny remains at #28 for the second consecutive week. He sits pretty comfortably between #27 & 29, & any momentum either way is undetermined at this point.

Bucky Covington – A Father’s Love – The song moves up 5 spots to #43 this week. It is slowly adding stations & spins so upwards would appear to be the direction.

Zac Brown Band gets a second week at #1 & is still followed really closely by Lady Antebellum.

New Song of the Week:

Little White Church

It has been a while since Little Big Town has had a bona fide hit so maybe this one will get them back on the road. Once an artist or group disappears it seems to be tough to get back in synch. LBT deserves to be back at the top.

Top 40
    #22 Daughtry – Life After You
    *** This is a very weird week for Idols on the Top 40 Charts. Kris’ song has dropped off & all 3 of the others are seeing big drops in spins week over week. Kelly -54, Daughtry -878, & Adam -262.

Hot AC
    #5 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #10 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #15 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted

AC
    #13 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #14 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #15 Daughtry – Life After You

Re: Idols On The Charts

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for April 19, 2010..

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny moves up 3 spots to #25 this week. It’ll be interesting to see if he can continue his momentum. Almost all the songs ahead of him are showing bigger upwards numbers, but no one is closing in from behind. So, up, still seems to be the direction.

Bucky Covington – A Father’s Love – The song moves up 3 spots to land at #40 this week. It’s his first entry into the Top 40 & all signs point to more upwards moves.

Lady Antebellum continues on their hot streak as they take over the top spot this week. Looks like Joe Nichols & Kenny Chesney will fight it out to be next in line.

New Song of the Week:

Sunshine

Steve Azar is another very underrated Country artist that really could use a boost. Maybe this song will do it for him.

Top 40
    #14 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    *** Both of the above songs are showing some big negative numbers. It looks as though both may be done.

Hot AC
    #9 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #14 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted

AC
    #10 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying***
    #14 Daughtry – Life After You
    *** This is the 4th separate chart that Kris has hit the Top 10 on.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

That's too bad about "All I Ever Wanted." I think it's the best song on her CD, and was happy it was being released. I've never heard it getting any airplay in our area, though.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for April 26, 2010..

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny drops a spot this week to sit at #26. He is still showing positive numbers & is a ways in front of the songs behind him, but there are a bunch of songs increasing faster. Still don’t see any reason he can’t go higher.

Bucky Covington – A Father’s Love – Bucky also drops a spot this week & lands at #41. This song, for a new song, is showing really small increases week over week. I’m sure it will go higher, but just like most of Bucky’s songs it looks to be a long slow run.

Carrie Underwood - Undo It- Carrie makes her debut this week at #42. The song isn’t officially available for radio downloads until next week & the official adds date is May 23, yet here she is the most added song of the week.

Joe Nichols takes over the top spot this week with Gimme That Girl. Joe is one of the most pure male vocalists out there. Good for him. Kenny Chesney & Chris Young are in a tight race to get there next.

New Song of the Week:

Chillin

Blaine Larsen is a young guy that was pretty hot a couple of years back, then for some reason he disappeared. He is back with a new song, looking for some renewed success.

Top 40
    #16 Adam Lambert – Whataya Want From Me
    *** Both of the above songs are showing big negatives for the second week in a row. I’m pretty surprised that Kelly didn’t get any higher, but it looks like #39 is going to be the top for her.

Hot AC
    #6 Adam Lambert – Whataya Want From Me
    #14 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted

AC
    #8 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #11 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #13 Daughtry – Life After You

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for May,3 2010..

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny moves up to #23 this week. He still has a large gap between himself & all the songs around him. Still looking upward.

Carrie Underwood – Undo It- Carrie comes in at #32 this week. She has the most added song of the week & is looking good for top 20 before the adds date even becomes official.

Bucky Covington – A Father’s Love – Bucky is at # 37 this week. He had a bigger positive this week so is looking more positive for bigger gains.

Joe Nichols gets another week at the top. Kenny Chesney & Chris Young are fighting it out for next in line.

New Song of the Week:

Up On The Ridge
    Dierks Bentley has a good rockin country song with this one. I expect big things.

Top 40
    #20 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me

Hot AC
    #4 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #5 Daughtry – Life After You
    #7 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #13 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted

AC
    #12 Daughtry – Life After You

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for May,10 2010..

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny remains at #23 for the second week in a row. But for the first time in a long time, he is now showing negative numbers. He is in dire need of a boost or he is going to fall behind a bunch of songs that are catching up.

Carrie Underwood – Undo It- Carrie gains 7 spots this week to land at #25. Considering radio just got the song last week & that the official adds date is still 2 weeks out, I predict this song is going to be a Before He Cheats type of hit, with some major cross over potential.

Bucky Covington – A Father’s Love – Bucky gains 2 spots this week to end at #35. As we have seen with almost all of his songs, they climb excruciatingly slow, but climb they do. And they seem to stick on the charts forever.

Kellie Pickler - Makin Me Fall In Love Again - Kellies newest debuts this week at # 43. She is well positioned to move upwards, but as with Bucky, it may be a long slow move.

Chris Young steps up & gets his second consecutive #1 hit with The Man I Want to Be. It’s good to see him finally getting some cred. It sure took a while. It looks like Justin Moore & George Strait are now fighting it out for next in line.

New Song of the Week:

Here Comes Summer

The LoCash Cowboys finally have a recording contract & a single to introduce themselves to a wider audience. These guys are one of the wildest live acts on the circuit & it’d be nice to see them get some more recognition.

Top 40
    *** For the first time in a long long time, there are no Idol songs on the Top 40 charts.

Hot AC
    #12 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted

AC
    #31 Brooke White - Change
    *** Brooke makes her debut…

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for May,17 2010..

Carrie Underwood – Undo It- Carrie gains 4 spots this week to land at #21. This song is showing huge gains on a day to day basis much less week to week. It is still 1 week before the official adds date & will be well within the Top 20 by this time next week.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny drops 2 spots to #25 & for the second week in a row, his numbers are negative. Looks like the song is done.

Bucky Covington – A Father’s Love – Bucky remains at #35 for the second straight week. He is showing some really good positive numbers, but new songs from Keith Urban, Alan Jackson & James Otto are rapidly catching up. As I said last week, it looks to be a slow climb for Bucky.

Kellie Pickler - Makin Me Fall In Love Again - Kellies moves up 2 spots this week to #41. She is passing falling songs but getting swamped by new songs from all the artists I mentioned above in Bucky’s update. Still looking to go higher though.

Chris Young remains at #1 for the second week & looks to be in pretty good shape for a 3rd. George Strait & Miranda Lambert will be fighting it out for next in line, but even though she is behind him right now, I predict Miranda.

New Song of the Week:

Wildflower

The Dear Jane Girls are new on the scene & this first single from them is really good. I hope it gets picked up by terrestrial radio, Sirius/XM is all over it.

Top 40
    *** Still no Idol representation on the Pop Charts.

Hot AC
    #7 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #12 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted
    #46 Kris Allen - The Truth
    *** The Truth makes it's first appearance.

AC
    #32 Brooke White - Change
    #41 Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for May,24 2010..

Carrie Underwood – Undo It- Carrie gains 5 spots this week to land at #16. Today is the official adds date, but she is already over 2400 spins the past week & advanced 700 week over week.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny drops 6 spots this week to #31. I really don’t understand the non acceptance for this song. I listen to XM New Country a lot & have never, not once, heard the song. Time for the follow up, Danny.

Bucky Covington – A Father’s Love – Bucky gains 2 spots this week to #33. He is seeing some pretty good increases in both spins & audience impressions & a few songs ahead of him will be going recurrent this week.

Kellie Pickler - Makin Me Fall In Love Again - Kellies remains at #41 for the second consecutive week. She is increasing all be it slowly. So it looks to be another Kellie Pickler slow & steady rise, chart run.

Chris Young holds on to the top spot for a third week. George Strait is getting a huge push at the moment & looks to have jumped ahead of Miranda Lambert for the moment, but both of these singers should hit the top with their latest.

New Song of the Week:

Roll With It

Easton Corbin is back on the charts with his second single. While this one doesn’t sound as much like George Strait as his last one did, there is still some resemblance. And why not, he has a good target to shoot for.

Top 40
    *** Still no Idol representation on the Pop Charts for the third week in a row, although Adam & Kris are both on the top of the Taking Off Charts.

Hot AC
    #4 Adam Lambert – Whataya Want From Me
    #9 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #11 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted
    #36 Kris Allen - The Truth
    **** For the fans of Sons Of Sylvia, Love Left To Lose debuts this week at #46.

AC
    #10 Adam Lambert – Whataya Want From Me
    #11 Daughtry – Life After You
    #31 Brooke White - Change
    #44 Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted

Here is the latest Idols on the Charts update for May,31 2010..

Carrie Underwood – Undo It- Carrie gains 5 more spots this week to come in at #11. As expected the song has hit the usual slow down & is not catching up to any of the ones ahead of it, but 4 songs are set to drop off, so Top 10 next week is definitely doable.

Bucky Covington – A Father’s Love – Bucky gains 4 spots this week to #29. He has seen some of his biggest positive numbers yet, so inside the Top 20 is almost a given.

Kellie Pickler - Makin Me Fall In Love Again - Kellies gains 3 spots this week to #38 & is now eligible for the weekly countdown shows. This will help her immensely, but there are 4 or 5 songs that are gaining on her rapidly.

As expected Danny Gokey dropped off this week. No word yet on the follow up.

Miranda Lambert hit’s the top this week & it looks possible that she may settle into a long run. The songs in 2&3 are both now negative & Jason Aldean at #4 is a whopping 800 spins & 6 million Audience Impressions behind.

New Song of the Week:

While Your Still Young

Like most folks, Montgomery Gentry has the ability to blow hot & cold, but this one is a really nice song. Give it a go.

Top 40
    #50 Adam Lambert - If I Had You
    ***Adam debuts this week.

Hot AC
    #3 Adam Lambert – Whataya Want From Me
    #10 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #11 Kelly Clarkson – All I Ever Wanted
    #34 Kris Allen - The Truth
    #49 Daughtry - September

AC