+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Jan. 25, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie drops a spot to #15. It seems as though the song has gone into a slowdown, which is not unusual, but not to good to see either. The song is still relatively new & should pick up once again when label mate Miranda Lambert begins to lose spins.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You remains at #21 for the second week in a row. She is showing some big positive numbers & all is looking good for the moment.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – remains at #43 for the second consecutive week. Still progressing on the added spins front, but newer songs from more established artists are screaming past.

Miranda Lambert finally hit’s the Top of the charts this week with White Liar, her first #1. Congrats Miranda. Jason Aldean is next in line with what looks to be another possible multi week run.

New Song of the Week:

Wrong Baby Wrong Baby Wrong

This is the newest one from Martina McBride & for me it is her best in quite sometime. Maybe it’ll take her back to the top.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Feb. 1, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up 3 spots to #12. There is a huge log jam at the top right now with everyone seeming to move together. Something is going to have to break to relieve the pressure.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You gains 2 spots to land at #19 this week. Kellie is in a particularly vulnerable position at the moment, not closing in on the songs ahead & not putting distance on the songs behind. But, she is still showing some nice positive numbers.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – gains just 1 spot this week to come in at #42.He is still showing only a 34 spincrease over last week, so while the song is getting played & moving up, it is still tough sledding. He has had only 405 spins over the past week.

Jason Aldean takes over at the top of the charts this week. He seems to be another one that whatever he releases is headed for the pent house.

New Song of the Week:

Rain is a Good Thing

Luke Bryant keeps turning out the good stuff.

Rain makes corn
    Corn makes whiskey
    Whiskey makes by baby
    Feel kind of frisky
    Rain is a good thing..

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Feb. 8, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves into the Top 10 this week as she sits at #10. Looks like 2 more songs will go recurrent this week so she should move to at least #8 by next week.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You comes in this week at # 18. This is the highest the song has been yet, but it looks like there is still some upside to look for.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny cracks the Top 40 this week as he lands at #37. He had some good positive numbers this week & he is poised to improve still more.

Jason Aldean sits at the top this week for the second week. Brad Paisley is nipping at his heels & Josh Turner is right behind those two.

New Song of the Week:

Love Like Crazy

This is a really nice one from Lee Brice. I hope it does well for him.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Feb. 15, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- The song gains 1 spot this week & lands at #9. There is a huge log jam of songs 11 - 8 & a big move by one song is going to leap a bunch of others. This week it was Keith Urban’s turn to jump ahead of Carrie while she in turn jumped ahead of Easton Corbin.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You gains 3 spots this week to hit #15. She is still in a pretty sweet spot with no one gaining on her from behind to rapidly, but look out for Kenny Chesney’s newest, it debuted at #26 this week with over 1,000 spins & could pass her pretty quickly.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny sees a big drop of 4 spots this week & falls out of the Top 40 to land at #41. His problems are twofold. He has seen a drop in spins & is now showing negative numbers, but he also saw new songs from Reba, George Strait, Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan, & Gretchen Wilson blow past him. Outlook cloudy at best.

Josh Turner takes over the top spot this week, but there are just 2 spins separating him from Brad Paisley.

New Song of the Week:

Stay Here Forever

This is the new one from Jewel. To be honest I am on the fence, I just think I need to hear it a few more times to form an opinion. But, I do want more of the women in Country Music to be successful.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Feb. 22, 2010..

I added info from other charts for those interested....

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- The song moves up 2 spots this week to land at #7. She & Keith Urban seem to be playing back & forth as the pass & get passed by each other. The past few days have seen some pretty impressive gains & songs above are showing losses, so upwards seems to be the direction.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You gains gains 1 spot this week & sees another high as she lands at #14. She is well ahead of the songs behind her, but she got blown away by Lady Antebellum & Taylor Swift who are just ahead of her. I think Top 10 is certainly doable in the next few weeks.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny gains 3 spots this week & gets back into the Top 40 at his highest point yet landing at #38. He had an impressive 152 spincrease & is rapidly closing in on Gretchen Wilson & Lee Ann Womack while no one is coming up from behind at this point. Upwards is the direction for this week.

Josh Turner gets a second week at the top, while Billy Currington is the only other song in the Top 5 to show positive numbers. It looks as though Darius Rucker will not make it to the top this time.

New Song of the Week:

Free

Jack Ingram has had a slow start with this song, but maybe the next few updates will be kinder to him. I like the song & hopefully it can catch on.

Top 40
    #13 Kris Allen - Live Like We’re Dying
    #20 Adam Lambert - Whatya Want From Me
    #22 Daughtry - Life After You

Hot AC
    #5 Daughtry - Life After You
    #6 Kris Allen - Live Like We’re Dying
    #7 Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone
    #20 Adam Lambert - Whatya Want From Me
    #28 Carrie Underwood - Cowboy Casanova
    #47 Jason Castro - Let’s Just Fall In Love

AC
    #4 Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone
    #5 Daughtry - No Surprise
    #24 Katherine McGhee - Had It All
    #28 Kris Allen - Live Like We’re Dying
    #37 Daughtry - Life After You

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March, 1, 2010..

I added info from other charts for those interested....

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- The song is marking time this week at #8. She is barely ahead of Zac Brown & may not hold them off. Temporary Home is not at all acting like a #1 song should. It has been a long slow sled, but there really has been no big push from the label yet. So, we’ll see if the streak of #1 hits continues or not, at the moment it looks doubtful.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You drops a spot to #15, but she is still showing positive numbers. There are a whole bunch of songs gathered together right behind her though with bigger numbers. As always with Kellie, it is slow & slogging, but it usually gets the job done in the long run.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – There is good news & bad news for Danny this week. The good news is that he gains 4 spots & is now at #34. The bad news is that he is seeing some big negative numbers & even though the songs behind are not catching up very fast, it won’t take long if he remains negative. It’s been a weird ride for Danny, big up one week, big down the next.

Josh Turner gets a third week at the top, while Billy Currington is barely holding off Blake Shelton for next n line. The whole Top 10 is pretty jumbled.
    New Song of the Week:

I Keep On Loving You

This looks to be another big one for Reba. Very nice song & destined for big things.

Top 40
    #12 Kris Allen - Live Like We’re Dying
    #18 Adam Lambert - Whatya Want From Me
    #22 Daughtry - Life After You

Hot AC
    #5 Daughtry - Life After You
    #7 Kris Allen - Live Like We’re Dying
    #9 Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone
    #19 Adam Lambert - Whatya Want From Me
    #28 Carrie Underwood - Cowboy Casanova
    #47 Jason Castro - Let’s Just Fall In Love

AC
    #4 Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone
    #5 Daughtry - No Surprise
    #23 Kris Allen - Live Like We’re Dying
    #25 Katherine McPhee - Had It All
    #29 Daughtry - Life After You

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March 8, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up to #5 this week. She has seen a big increase in spins. Her tour begins on Thursday night so that should help as well.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You drops all the way to #21 this week. It looks as though the song has peaked & is done. There is a huge negative 344 spins from week to week. Sad to say, but it’s time for the next single.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny moves up to #32 this week & for the first time in a few days he is back on the positive side of the spins ledger. He’s closing in on a couple of songs ahead of him but in turn is being caught up to by a few.

Billy Currington finally takes his place at the top this week. Blake Shelton is trying to hopld off Easton Corbin for next in line.

New Song of the Week:

Still

This has been around for a couple of weeks now. It is Tim McGraws latest & I just have to say I don’t like it at all. But, it is Tim & will probably do pretty well.

Top 40
    #11 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #15 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #23 Daughtry – Life After You

Hot AC
    #5 Daughtry – Life After You
    #6 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #16 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #25 Carrie Underwood – Cowboy Casanova
    #47 Jason Castro – Let’s Just Fall In Love

AC
    #4 Kelly Clarkson – Already Gone
    #6 Daughtry – No Surprise
    #22 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #24 Daughtry – Life After You
    #26 Katherine McPhee- Had It All
    #35 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March 15, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up to 2 spots this week to #3. It is really going to be a day to day thing as to whether or not she hits #1 with this song. The next week may tell the tale, a lot will depend on the 2 songs above her & how much time they remain above her, allowing songs below to catch up.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You drops another 5 spots this week & sits at #26. After two straight weeks of big declines, the song should drop off the charts before next weeks update. I’m sort of confused about radio’s reluctance to play Kellie, I thought this was one of her best.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny moves up to 2 spots & begins the week at #30. He has seen good increasing spins for the past couple of weeks. He was passed this week by Jason Aldean & Miranda Lambert, but in turn passed Gretchen Wilson & Lee Ann Womack.

Nothing to report on Bucky's newest yet.

Blake Shelton/ Trace Adkins sit atop the chart this week. Carrie & Easton Corbin are in a dog fight to be next.

New Song of the Week:

Pray For You

This is the first offering from Jaron & The Long Road To Love & the message is really nothing like you would expect based on title alone. It’s quite a clever song & I think it should do really well. Give it a go!

Top 40
    #10 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #14 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #21 Daughtry – Life After You

Hot AC
    #5 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #6 Daughtry – Life After You
    #16 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me
    #26 Carrie Underwood – Cowboy Casanova
    #31 Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted

AC
    #18 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #22 Daughtry – Life After You
    #28 Katherine McPhee- Had It All
    #35 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March 22, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up to 1 spot this week & is sitting at #2. She is 300 spins & 1.2 million Audience Impressions behind#1, & 300 spins & 1.7 million AI’s ahead of the #4 song, with the #3 song falling out of contention. It will be pins & needles time for the song this week.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny moves up to 2 more spots this week to creep into the Top 30 at #28. He is stretching out his advantage over the songs behind him, with the exception being Toby Keith. It looks good for Danny to improve his standing even more.

Kellie Pickler dropped off & there has been no word on her follow up single yet. Still nothing to report on Bucky's newest yet, I believe today is the official adds date.

Easton Corbin gets his first #1 hit this week on his first single. If you aren’t familiar with him, he is the one that sounds so much like George Strait, at least on this particular song. Carrie is next in line, IF she can hold off the Zac Brown Band.

New Song of the Week:

Giddy On Up

Laura Bell Bundy has a song here that is guaranteed to get you boppin. Country music is in dire need of more acceptance for it’s Female artists. Maybe, she will step up.

Top 40
    #11 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #22 Daughtry – Life After You
    #40 Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted

Hot AC
    #5 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #6 Daughtry – Life After You
    #24 Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted
    #33 Carrie Underwood – Cowboy Casanova

AC
    #17 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #20 Daughtry – Life After You
    #23 Katherine McPhee- Had It All
    #28 Adam Lambert – Whatya Want From Me

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for March 29, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie continues her streak of #1 hits as Temporary Home takes over at the top of the charts. This song seems to mean so much to her, I’m glad it was able to hit the top.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – Danny gains 1 spot this week & now sits at #27. It’s stilll looking good for more upward movement as he is showing some strong positives.

No Top 50 yet for the new ones from Bucky, Kellie or Josh Gracin, although Bucky is the 9th most added song for the past week.

Carrie gets the top spot this week followed by the Zac Brown Band. Can she get a second week?

New Song of the Week:

Bring On The Love

Great new sound from Coldwater Jane. Yet another new Female Duo that I hope does well. Country music needs more great Female acts, these ladies have a shot if this song is an example of what they have to offer.

Top 40
    #17 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #21 Daughtry – Life After You
    #38 Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted

Hot AC
    #4 Kris Allen – Live Like We’re Dying
    #5 Daughtry – Life After You
    #22 Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted
    #35 Carrie Underwood – Cowboy Casanova

AC