+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Nov.23..

I have found a backdoor into these charts & can now see the Top 150, so I’ll list the other Idol songs that appear.

Carrie Underwood - Cowboy Casanova drops to #3 this week. She will most likely remain in the Top 10 & even the Top 5 for another week though as she is losing spins & AI very slowly.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You remains at #28 for the third consecutive week. It seems as though Kelly gets on the charts & just hangs around forever. This song will most likely go higher, but just like her last single, it’ll be slow going. I think this hurts her album sales in the long run.

Bucky Covington - Gotta Be Somebody drops to #50 this week & is in real danger of dropping off the charts all together. After only 2 weeks the song is already showing only an increase of 5 spins week over week & it had been negative up until this morning. That just doesn’t scream longevity.

#75 Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home
    #101 Danny Gokey - It’s Only

Lady Antebellum gets the top spot this week for the second week in a row. Luke Bryant is still in line to be next, but Reba is now nipping at his heels.
    New Song of the Week:

Hip to My Heart

The Band Perry is made up of 2 brothers & a sister. They are new, this is their first effort & it is catchy as heck. Give it a go.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Nov.30..

I have found a backdoor into these charts & can now see the Top 150, so I’ll list the other Idol songs that appear.

Carrie Underwood - Cowboy Casanova drops to #4 this week. She is losing traction quicker now, so the song is relatively done.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You moves up 1 spot this week to end at #27. She is definitely poised to go higher, but Keith Urban is set to pass her by in the next couple of days.

Bucky Covington - Gotta Be Somebody drops to #52 this week & is showing some pretty serious drop off in spins. On the Published charts this song has never achieved as many as 300 spins for a week. That is not good.

#58 Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home a move of 17 spots
    #62 Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear
    #63 Kellie Pickler - Santa Baby
    #84 Danny Gokey - My Best Days Are Ahead of Me
    #102 Carrie Underwood - Hark The Herald Angels Sing

Lady Antebellum gets the top spot this week for the third week in a row. There is no end in sight of the reign of Lady A. at the top. It looks like this song is never going away. Reba may pass Luke Bryant for next in line.

New Song of the Week:

The Man I Want To Be

Chris Young follows up his first #1 single with this one. Looks to be a good choice.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Thanks Razor.

I saw Chris Young at The Grand Ole Opry, he's a great guy with an incredible voice. I hope this song gets him some attention.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Dec. 7..

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You drops 2 spots this week to land at #29. She is now showing negative numbers. It might just be that Christmas music is getting some of the available airplay, but that won’t stop this song from dropping off if the stats stay negative.

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- This song begins it’s chart run this week at #43, just as Cowboy Casanova goes to the recurrent list. The song has the perfect message for the season & one of Carries better all time vocals. It’s going to be interesting to see if it continues her run of #1 hits.

#54 Kellie Pickler - Santa Baby
    #57 Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear
    #73 Danny Gokey - My Best Days Are Ahead of Me
    #86 Carrie Underwood - Hark The Herald Angels Sing
    #131 Carrie Underwood - The First Noel
    #140 Carrie Underwood - Oh Holy Night

Lady Antebellum gets the top spot this week for the fourth week in a row. At least they are finally beginning to drop & someone else, probably Luke Bryant, will take over.

New Song of the Week:

Oughta Be More Songs About This

Montgomery Gentry has another good one to start it’s climb up. I don’t think these guys get nearly enough credit for making really good music. And, they are great Live.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Dec. 14..

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You gains 5 spots this week to land at #24. The song has some pretty good positive numbers this week & it looks good from here.

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up 17 spots this week to land at #26. Today is the official adds date, but she has been getting more stations every day. Prospects are rosey.

#52 Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear
    #53Kellie Pickler - Santa Baby
    #74 Danny Gokey - My Best Days Are Ahead of Me
    #77 Carrie Underwood - Hark The Herald Angels Sing
    #127 Carrie Underwood - Oh Holy Night
    #128 Carrie Underwood - The First Noel

Reba has leap frogged over Luke Braynt to take over the top spot this week. Dierks Bently & Tim McGraw look to be ready to fight it out for next in line.

New Song of the Week:

Work Hard Play Harder

Gretchen Wilson is in bad need of a hit. It has been a while & she is beginning to fade from the radar screen. Maybe this one will help her out.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Dec. 21..

Well as expected, the back door to the Top 150 has been closed, so we’re back down to the Top 50. BOO!!!

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up 4 spots this week to land at #22 At this stage the song is showing the biggest positive moves of any song in the entire Top 50. There has been an increase of 515 spins over last week.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You remains at #24 for the second consecutive week. All of Kellie’s singles seem to have a very interesting chart progression. One week they have serious upward moves, the next they may have a decrease. This week Kellie is showing a positive increase of only 38 spins over last week.

Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear- this song lands at #40 this week as Christmas music begins to get a lot of spins & regular songs slack off a bit.

Kellie Pickler - Santa Baby - The song sits at #45 this week. And the holiday rotation is doing great things for this song as well. There are 6 Christmas songs in the Top 50.

Reba remains at #1 for the second week in a row, All of the Top 3 songs are dropping which makes the race between Tim McGraw & Dierks Bentley more compelling. Dierks is slightly ahead at the moment.

New Song of the Week:

My Best Days Are Ahead Of Me

Usually I don’t pick up on songs by ex-Idols to highlight in this section. But, this is Danny Gokeys’ first single. I was never really a fan of him on the show & I’m still not totally sold on him in the Country genre, but I have to give it up for this song. He sounds good, the song sounds good & it may indeed be a hit for him. Give it a listen & see what you think.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Dec. 28..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up 2 spots this week to land at #20 This is the only song in the Top 20 to retain it’s bullit during the barrage of Christmas music. And 1 of only 2 songs in the Top 50 that maintained a positive bias. Things will turn around after the holiday season, but the future looks bright at present.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You drops a spot this week to #25. Kellie along with almost everybody else has moved to the negative side of the equation, but that should change in the next few days.

Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear- gains 10 spots this week & lands at #30.

Kellie Pickler - Santa Baby - The song gains 11 spots this week & sits at #34. It seems as though Santa Baby has taken some spins away from her single.

Reba remains at #1 for the third week in a row, but there was a massive loss in spins. At this point, because of the spin loss of everyone in the Top 19, it is tough to tell whether or not she can hold on or even who is in line to be next.

New Song of the Week:

It’s Just That Way

For those that prefer their Country on the traditional side, this new one from Alan Jackson will not disappoint.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Jan. 4, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up 2 spots this week to land at #18. As with most everyone else, Carrie is showing big positive numbers, but hers aren’t as big as most others, because she was one of only two to not lose her bullet during the holidays.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You gains back two spots this week & comes in at #23. She is also sporting the biggest positive numbers she has seen yet.

Danny Gokey - My Best Days are Ahead of Me - Danny makes his first foray into the Top 50 this week landing at # 47. It’s going tobe interesting to see how he is accepted in Country music. Right now, all systems are go.

Reba remains at #1 for the fourth week in a row. The charts have regained some normalcy & most songs are back in the positive territory. It’s still a race between Dierks Bentley & Tim McGraw for the next #1.

New Song of the Week:

Fearless

I have absolutely no idea why Taylor Swift is considered Country other than the genre wants the exposure she brings with her. This is yet another God awful warbling vocal from the Pop princess, yet I’m sure it’s going to do wonders on the charts.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Jan. 11, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up to #15 this week. The charts are beginning to come back to normal, some songs even went recurrent yesterday.

Kellie Pickler Ė Didnít You Know How Much I Loved You lands at #20 this week. She is showing some good upwards momentum but there are a couple of songs catching her from behind.

Danny Gokey Ė My Best Days Ė moves up to #44, but he is showing an increase of only spins over last week. So it may be slow sledding for the next few weeks.

Reba is still at the top, for the 5th week. Dierks Bentley & Tim McGraw are less than 50 spins apart in the fight for the next #1.

New Song of the Week:

She Wonít Be Lonely

Clay Walker is back on the charts. Itís nice to see one of the good guys & old timers back.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Jan. 18, 2010..

Carrie Underwood - Temporary Home- Carrie moves up a spot this week to land at #14. She is set to pass George Strait & a couple of older songs are set to drop off in the next few days. Upwards is the direction.

Kellie Pickler – Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You drops a spot to #21 this week as the Zac Brown Band passes her. She is still showing some good positive numbers, but she is going to be swamped as Taylor Swift & Lady Antebellum fly past her in the next couple of days.

Danny Gokey – My Best Days – moves up 1 spot to #43. There were a couple of days last week where he was in the negative category, but the charts are coming back around to normal reporting & he is back in the positive. He is showing small upwards gains, but at least it’s upwards.

Tim McGraw leaps over Dierks Bently to take the #1 spot this week. Dierks held it briefly for most of one day, but couldn’t hold it when it counted. Now, we’ll see if Dierks can hold of Jason Aldean or Miranda Lambert for next in line.

New Song of the Week:

This Ain’t Nothin

Craig Morgan seems to churn out hit after hit, yet he gets overlooked all the time. I’d really like to see him get more recognition for the great songs he has had & the contributions he continues to make.

+ Reply to Thread