+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for July 13..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 1 spots this week to sit at #11. Top 10 is definitely within reach now. As I predicted last week, George did pass her but Jason did not. There doesn’t seem to be any imminent threat from behind, so, it seems that all systems are go for higher ground.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back drops 2 spots this week to fall back to #35. The song is being passed by almost everything new coming out including such non stalwart acts as Bomshel. Keith Urban has a new song that is going to fly past. Bucky is just going to have to bide his time on this one.

Lady Antebellum sits atop the charts this week, with their song I’ll Run To You. It looks to be a short reign though as Billy Currington is almost even with them & showing bigger positive numbers.

New Song of the Week:

Toes

This has been a long time favorite for fans of the Zac Brown Band & it is now out as their follow up single. Watch it fly.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for July 20..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 1 spots to finally land in the Top 10. There is no one closing very fast from behind, so unless she begins to lose airplay, it may be a long ride inside the Top 10. If I’m not mistaken this is the 36th week on the charts. By this time most other songs have come & gone.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back gains only 1 spot this week to climb to #34. The song is still showing very minor upswings week to week in airplay, so the outlook seems to be more than murky.

Billy Currington sits atop the charts this week as People Are Crazy takes over. He has quite a large lead over Darius Rucker & Taylor Swift so a second week is not out of the question.

New Song of the Week:

Since You Brought It Up

James Otto has struggled to find the big follow up to his hit Just Got Started Loving You. His previous songs have struggled a bit for some reason, so maybe this will be the one to break the slump.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for July 27..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 1 spots to come in this week at #9. There is a gap between her & #8, but an even bigger gap to those songs trying to catch her. A long ride it has been & will continue to be.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back remains at #34 for the second consecutive week. The song has an increase of only 29 spins from last week. It is really fighting for air time.

Billy Currington holds onto the top spot for a second week. Darius Rucker looks to be next in line & Taylor Swift seems to be slowing.

New Song of the Week:

Do I

Luke Bryant has decided to change pace this time around with a simple heart felt love song. Will it work, or will it back fire? I like it. See what you think.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Aug.3..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 1 spots to come in this week at #8. Unfortunately, Kellie moved up this week only because she passed other songs that were on the way down. This week she is showing a big loss in spins from last week, so we may be seeing the peak & the beginning of the end.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back remains at #34 for the third consecutive week. The song has an even smaller increase in spins this week than it did last week. He improved by only 9 spins week over week. Something really needs to happen to drop kick this up a notch.

Darius Rucker takes over the Top Spot on the charts this week. It is his 3rd consecutive #1 since going country. Lord helps us, it looks as though Taylor Swift will be next in line with yet another of her teen angst pop princess extravaganzas.

New Song of the Week:

Outside My Window

I’d give anything for some of the lesser known Females in Country music to begin getting some recognition & airplay. This one is from Sarah Buxton & she truly deserves some props, not only for her songwriting (Keith Urban’s Stupid Boy) but also for her singing ability. Good luck Sarah!

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Aug.10..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life drops 5 spots this week to land at #13. It has been an incredibly long ride up the charts for Kellie, but it has come to an end. Once this song began to drop, it really began to drop (it lost 646 spins from last week to this one) . She has already announced her next single, so hopefully she will have her second consecutive Top 10 hit. Good luck Kellie.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back drops 2 spots this week & comes in at #36. He is still showing some positive numbers, the problem is that, as always seems to be the case with Bucky, new songs from more established artists pass him quickly. Montgomery Gentry, Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson & Dierks Bentley all have new ones out that are nipping at his heels.

Once again, Taylor Swift sits atop the Country charts. It looks as though it may be a long reign as no one behind her is very close. There is a whole slough of folks fighting to be next, which makes it tough to predict the future #1.

New Song of the Week:

Consider Me Gone

The second single release from the upcoming album by Reba. It’s a good one & should do well for her. Unfortunately, Country radio seems to be much more interested in the pop princess Taylor Swift than any of the truly Country artists out there, so Reba may hit, she may not, it depends on when the next teen angst drivel from Ms. Swift comes out. (You might get the notion that I don't particularly care for TS...well you'd probably be right)

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Aug.17..

And then there was 1.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back gains a whopping 7 spots this week to enter the Top 30 at number 29. Just to show what is going on with the charts at the moment, Bucky had an increase of only 20 spins from last week, yet moved up hugely. So there is some incredible weakness out there right now.

Taylor Swift remains atop the Country charts for the second consecutive week. It looks like Jason Aldean will be next.

New Song of the Week:

Hurry Home

Jason Michael Carroll, for me is very hit or miss, but I like this one. Check it out.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Aug.24..

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back gains just 1 spot this week to finish at #28, but he does so with a modest spin increase of just 6 from last week. Lots of new songs climbing pretty quickly behind him.

Jason Aldean takes over the top spot this week with Big Green Tractor. Rascal Flatts & Randy Houser are in a tight battle for the next spot, but if history is any judge, The Flatts will get there next.

New Song of the Week:

I Still Like Bologna

You gotta love Alan Jackson & his sense of humor. Still yet, it’s a good song.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Aug.31..

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back drops 3 spots this week & falls out of the Top 30 to end at #31. He has his biggest positive numbers in quite a few weeks, but so many songs by more established artists just keep passing him by.

Jason Aldean hangs on for a second week & Randy Houser has slipped in front of The Flatts boys, looks like the battle is on. George Strait is catching up to both pretty quickly.

New Song of the Week:

Long After I’m Gone

I was all set to name another song, but I just heard this new one from Big Kenny. It just kills, can’t get it out of my head. Give it a listen.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Sept.7..

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back remains at #31 for the second week in a row, but this time he is showing a gain of only 2 spins week over week. Will it be up or down for Bucky? Reba, Carrie, Jake Owen, & Taylor Swift are all set to pass him in the next few days.

Carrie Underwood - Cowboy Casanova makes it’s chart debut this week at #35. Considering this song has been available for only 4 days, & that 2 of those days are given over to countdown shows (of which this song won't debut for another 2 weeks) & NASCAR races, this is a pretty great debut. It should debut in the mid 20’s on the Billboard charts.

Jason Aldean hangs on for a third week which IMO just shows how weak this chart is at the moment. I never got the appeal of this song, but evidently many others have. George Strait has blown past both Rascal Flatts & Randy Houser & both of them look to be done. No #1 for the Flatts boys this time around. Plowed under by a Big Green Tractor.

New Song of the Week:

Why Don’t We Just Dance

For those of you that like you Country on the more traditional side, this new one by Josh Turner should scratch your itch.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for Sept.14..

Carrie Underwood - Cowboy Casanova gains 11 spots this week to sit at # 24. There are 7 songs in front of her that are falling, so chances of some quick advancement are pretty good.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back drops to #33 this week & is showing some big losses in airplay & audience, so it looks as though this song may indeed be done. With the week reception this single has gotten, it seems further evidence that his label may indeed be delaying the album release for some rework.

Jason Aldean hangs on for a fourth week Good grief!!! George Strait looms, but Justin Moore is catching him pretty quickly.

New Song of the Week:

Country Folks Livin Loud

If not for Rascal Flatts, I believe The Lost Trailers may get more notice as being a really fine Country Band. This is their latest & should do pretty well for them.

+ Reply to Thread