+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for May 4..

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So jumps two spots this week & now resides at #2. It should be an interesting next few days. The #1 song is beginning to drop, Carrie is catching up to it, but Sugarland is still within spitting distance. Carrie is a little closer to the top than Sugarland is to her, but it is still going to make for some interesting chart watching.

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh continues to drop, but remains in the Top 10 & ends the week at #5.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 1 spot this week & lands inside the Top 20 at #20. She continues to pick up spins & Audience Impressions at a faster pace than previous weeks, so it looks to be headed much higher.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back finally make an appearance on the charts, but just barely landing at #50. So, the second Bucky album era has begun & it’ll be interesting to see if he can follow his previous successes.

Jason Aldean remains at #1 for a second consecutive week. He has begun to drop & the race to replace him is on.

New Song of the Week:

Alright

Whether heading up The Blowfish or singing solo as a Country artist, Darius Rucker seems to be able to crank out great songs one after another, & this should be yet another big hit for him.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for May 11..

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So holds on to the Top spot just long enough to be certified as the #1 song of the week. Sugarland got a huge push out of nowhere & passed Carrie early this morning, but ITYS will be #1 for last week.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 2 spots & comes in this week at #18. She is still doing well & showing some pretty good positive numbers, but new songs by Reba, Billy Currington & Darius Rucker look poised to pass her by.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back gains 9 spots this week & lands at #41. The song should head into the mid 30’s by this time next week. I have to admit, sorry Bucky fans, but I don’t much care for the song. It really has no compelling hook for me & I think it was a rather odd choice for the first single off of a new album. Good thing I don’t run the charts though. I wish him luck.

Carrie hits #1. I presume that once this song drops off the charts, we will have seen the last of the Carnival Ride era on the charts. But, Carries streak of 9 straight #1 hits is intact & for those that don’t know she is now the first & only Female in Country music history to have 5 #1 hits from the same album.

New Song of the Week:

Dead Flowers

Miranda Lambert is far & away the most successful graduate of Nashville Star, no one even comes close. She continues to turn out great songs & this is another in the long line.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for May 18..

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So drops out of the #1 position this week & lands all the way down to #8. It looks to be the end of the Carnival Ride era, but what a ride it was. 5 #1 hits from the album. Not a bad sophomore effort at all.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life drops a spot this week to land at #19. She is still showing positive numbers, but as I said last week, newer songs coming up from behind are passing her by.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back falls one spot this week to #42. He had some very small increases this week & it looks as though this is going to be a slow climber. Upward it will go, but the long road it seems to want to take. Brooks & Dunn & Trace Adkins are looming in his rearview mirror.

Sugarland, It Happens, is the new #1 song this week. After huge jumps in spins & AI, this song takes it’s place at the top.

New Song of the Week:

Indian Summer

This is the first single off of the upcoming Brooks & Dunn album. I like it, but I have been reading where some folks don’t. Give it a listen & decide for yourself.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for May 25..

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So drops another 6 spots this week to land at #14. The song will drop off the charts this week effectively closing out the Carnival Ride era.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life remains at #19 for the second straight week. This week had the smallest Spincrease she has seen in recent weeks. It’s time for a second wind.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back climbs only 1 spot this week to finish at #41. The song had an increase of only 14 spins from last week, so this is definitely taking the Slow Ride up the charts.

Then by Brad Paisley takes it’s spot at the top of the charts today replacing Sugarland’s two week run.

New Song of the Week:

Big Green Tractor

I usually don’t pick on songs that I don’t like & try to highlight songs I do, but I just have to go the other way this time. This is Jason Aldean's follow up to She’s Country & I just can’t find much good to say about it. Listen for yourself & see what you think.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for May 31..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 3 spots this week & lands at #16. She did so, however, on a spin gain of just 13, which means she isn’t passing songs, but instead songs are falling off & behind her. It seems to have been a slow week though for many songs, maybe there was a reporting panel change which affected everybody the same. Regardless, the song is still fighting the good fight & isn’t done by any stretch.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So much to my surprise this song is still on the charts at #23. It is free fall mode though & I believe the rules are such that this will be the last week (I know I said that last week, but I gotta be right sometime).

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back climbs another spot this week entering the Top 40 at #40. This was another very slow week for the song gaining only 16 spins over last weeks total. New songs by Lee Ann Womack, Trace Adkins, George Strait, & Rodney Atkins are set to blow past, but they always will.

Then by Brad Paisley remains at the top for the second week. Kenny Chesney is looking to pass him by in the next day or so.

New Song of the Week:

All I Ask For Anymore

For me Trace Adkins is either hot or cold, there seems to be no in between. I either really like a song or really hate it. This one goes on the good side of the ledger.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for June 7..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life Loses 2 spots this week dropping to #18. She is still showing positive numbers although they are pretty slim. She got passed by Rascal Flatts & Reba’s new ones, but she is still well ahead of Blake Shelton for the time being.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back moves up 1 spot to #39 this week. It had much bigger positive numbers this week & even though he is closing in on a few songs in front of him, there are several others catching him pretty quickly from behind.

Then by Brad Paisley remains at the top for the third week. Kenny Chesney still looms in the mirror, but seems to be a bit further behind this week than he was last week.

New Song of the Week:

You Can’t Hide Redneck

This song has been around for a while now, it has been played a lot on XM/Sirius, but commercial radio gave it a complete miss. It is a great song & Tracy Lawrence deserved better than he got from radio.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for June 14..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 2 spots this week to land at #16. At this point she is well out of the 15th spot, but in no danger of dropping down either.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back gains 5 spots to come in at #34 this week. He is still showing very modest spin & Audience gains, but upward is upward.

Kenny Chesney takes over the top spot with Out Last Night. It looks like the Zac Brown Band & Dierks Bentley are going to duke it out for the next #1.

New Song of the Week:

Long Past Gone

Megan Mullins is one of the most incredible musicians on the Nashville scene. She plays every stringed instrument there is & is a violin player beyond compare. She gave her first concert at the age of 3 & has been doing as many as 200 dates a years since. She is 22 now. This is a woman that the public needs to hear.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for June 22..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 1 spot this week & sits at it’s highest position yet at #15. She is still well ahead of the song at #16, but new songs by George Strait, Brooks & Dunn, & Jason Aldean are climbing rapidly.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back remains at #34 for the second consecutive week. It is showing some very small upward bias numbers & new songs on the charts by Trace Adkins, Craig Morgan & Martina McBride all have a good shot of passing him in the next week. However, there are songs above him that will go recurrent, so he should hold position.

The Zac Brown Band takes over the top spot this week as their song Whatever It Is sits atop the charts. Dierks Bentley is in prime position to follow.

New Song of the Week:

Eight Second Ride.

This is the first single from the sophomore effort from Jake Owen. It’s a good one & should do well for him.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for June 28..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life remains at #15 for the second consecutive week. George Strait is within spitting distance & could pass her this week, but other songs ahead are falling so it looks as though Kellie will hang in for a while yet. This song has been on the charts for over 6 months now.

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back remains at #34 for the third consecutive week. No one at the tail end of the chart seems to be showing much movement at the moment. But, this song is having a tough time getting some traction upward.

The Zac Brown Band steadfastly holds onto the top spot for the second week as Whatever It Is sits atop the charts. Dierks Bentley is still looming in the rear view mirror.

New Song of the Week:

Rockin the Beer Gut

The Trailer Choir is new on the scene & this song gets them out of the gate. Give it a listen, it’ll cause a smile.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for July 6..

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life gains 3 spots this week to sit at #12. The song is now at a new high & is still showing positive numbers. George Strait & Jason Aldean are closing in, but I don‘t see any way for Jason to catch up this week..

Bucky Covington - I Want My Life Back gains 1 lonely spot this week to come in at #33. He is showing a sad increase of only 13 spins week over week & he has Luke Bryan & Martina on his heels. Outlook is still pretty cloudy at this point, but all of Bucky’s songs seem to take the slow ride up the charts.

Dierks Bentley finally gets his time at the top as his song Sideways goes #1. Lady Antebellum, Billy Carrington & Taylor Swift are all fighting it out for next in line.

New Song of the Week:

American Ride

Toby Keith just seems to have a way of writing great songs. The guy is certainly one of the more prolific singer/songwriters on the scene.

+ Reply to Thread