+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Idols On The Charts

Re: Idols on the Country Charts

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3397119;
    Do you think Carrie will hit number one?
    It's pretty up in the air right now. The strong start for the song coupled with the new/duet version in combination with the big boost from Idol has kept her in the running. But, there are a bunch of songs catching her right now & this is after all the 5th single from the album so those are a couple of negatives.

I think though that the song has been slowed for now due to a couple of reasons. 1) It is going to be a long time before a new single is ready to go, so the longer this one stays on the charts, the less time there will be without being represented at all. 2) I don't think they want to go all Summer long without a song at all, so the longer this one can stretch, the better it will be. 3) Song of the Year usually comes from a song that is released early in the year, climbs slowly, & lasts for many many weeks...maybe that is what we are looking at.

Boy, was that a long winded way of saying, yeah I think it will eventually.

I have been told that I Want MY Life back is the name of Bucky's new single & it was made available to radio today. Maybe we'll see him back on the charts soon.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for April 5..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh remains at #6 for the third consecutive week. This chart is so jammed up at the moment that upwards movement happens only when a song above begins to drop out. Taylor Swift & Darius Rucker will drop off in the next week or so which makes Top 5 easily doable.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So remains at #9 for the second consecutive week. ITYS, had the 10th biggest gains of the week (including all the new songs) & after stalling out for a couple of weeks, now looks to be gaining some momentum again. Tonight’s performance on the ACM Awards should help immensely. She is catching Tim McGraw & staying ahead of Sugarland.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life drops a spot this week to #27. She is still showing positive stats, but got whomped by new songs from Kenny Chesney & Alan Jackson & it looks entirely possible that she will also be passed by Toby Keith.

Still nothing new from Bucky or Josh.

George Strait with River of Love paddles his way into the top spot this week. Jake Owen & Rodney Atkins (whom I don’t like at all) are lining up for the next shot.

New Song of the Week:

Gettin You Home

Chris Young is a former winner of Nashville Star. He has had some really good songs but hasn’t had much success on the charts for some reason. He is extremely talented & has more of a traditional country sound. I just don’t understand commercial radios’ reluctance to give his songs some air time. Give it a listen.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for April 13..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh gains a whopping 5 spots this week & lands at the top pf the charts. A #1 hit for Mr. Sligh.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So gains 3 spots this week & comes in at #6. She has quite a ways to go to match the songs ahead of her but she is staying a fairly comfortable distance in front of the songs behind. An interesting side note…once Tim McGraw had his little tirade at the ACM show, it seemed to immediately effect airplay on his latest song & he is actually in the negative spin category, allowing Carrie to close in for the #5 spot.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life moves ahead 1 spot regaining the #26 position. Unfortunately for Kellie her appearance on Idol didn’t give her the big boost that many others have seen. Week over week she is showing a positive bullet of just 34 spins.

The new single from Bucky may be getting some sporadic airplay but as of this morning it still hasn’t made it to the Top 50. The 50th song on the chart is Keep the Change by Holly Williams & it got only 293 spins & 682,000 Audience Impressions, so it shouldn’t be long before we see Bucky.

Rascal Flatts have hit the Top with Starts with Goodbye. Congrats to Chris Slight for his first #1 song writing experience. Expect to see photos of him being honored with a plaque for hitting #1. Jake Owen & Rodney Atkins are battlling it our for next in line.

New Song of the Week:

Believers

Joe Nichols is yet another one of the talented yet under appreciated among the Country music community. His songs, while always good, seems to get airplay but stall out much to soon. Maybe this one will be different.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

That Holly Williams song is the JAM! Haven't heard the new Bucky yet, but stuff has been pretty hit or miss as far as radio is concerned...
    Praise seitan!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBase;3416310;
    That Holly Williams song is the JAM! Haven't heard the new Bucky yet, but stuff has been pretty hit or miss as far as radio is concerned...
    I haven't even heard the new Bucky song on XM yet & they are usually out in front when it comes to playing new stuff. But, if you watch the video for the new Billy Ray Cyrus song, Bucky is playing acoustic guitar in the band.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for April 20..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh drops out of the top spot this week to finish at #2. So, we seem to be back to the 1 week & done syndrome.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So gains 2 spots this week to land at #4. Even this far along in the songs life she is still showing the 3rd biggest Spincrease on the charts. Some stations are playing the original release, some are playing the duet with Randy Travis, but they all seem to be playing it one way or the other.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life moves ahead 2 spots to reach it’s highest chart position yet at #24. She is comfortable in that spot for the moment, well behind the songs ahead of her, yet way ahead of the songs behind her. Look out for Reba though, she is closing fast.

From what I am hearing Bucky’s new song went for wide release to radios today. As of now though, still no Top 50.

Rodney Atkins with his song It’s America takes over the top sport this week. Woe is me. I just can’t for the life of me find anything to like about this guy, yet everything he releases goes to #1. Carrie is going to be in a dog fight with Jason Aldean to get there next. Looks like Jason will hold her off though.

New Song of the Week:

Strange

For anyone that watched the ACM Awards show recently, you saw the night Reba debuted this song. I liked it a lot then & it sounds even better on the radio.

Here is the latest Idols on the Country Charts update for April 27..

Rascal Flatts - Here Comes Goodbye- written by Chris Sligh drops another spot this week to come in at #3. The song isn’t really dropping very fast, so it should hang in on the Top 10 for a while yet.

Carrie Underwood - I Told You So remains at #4 for the second consecutive week. Last week Sugarland looked as though they would pass her, but this week Carrie had a big push & has increased her lead on them & is closing in on the top spot. She should pass the Flatts boys in the next couple of days.

Kellie Pickler - Best Years Of Your Life moves ahead 3 spots this week & hits her highest position at #21. This song seems to have been the ultimate in slow starters because it is now showing it’s biggest positive numbers yet.

Buckys’ song has not yet hit the Top 50, but I did finally hear it on XM. It’s going to take a few hearings before I decide if I like it or not though.

Jason Aldean takes over the top spot this week. Even though Rodney Atkins still has a positive bullet, Jason had a huge weekend & took over the top spot.

New Song of the Week:

Address in the Stars

Caitlin & Will are a duo that met on the show Can You Duet. There, however, they were both dueting with someone else. They got together after the show & this is their first single. It sounds good to me.

Caitlin and Will didn't get together after "Can You Duet, " they were partners in the show, and took the title. Will originally tried out for the show partnered with his cousin or uncle, and Caitlin tried out with someone she met in line. The judges only kept Will and not the uncle, and I don't think Caitlin's singing partner made it through either. Both Will and Caitlin bounced around with other partners for several week, and the judges eventually paired them together. They were the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3425637;
    Caitlin and Will didn't get together after "Can You Duet, " they were partners in the show, and took the title. Will originally tried out for the show partnered with his cousin or uncle, and Caitlin tried out with someone she met in line. The judges only kept Will and not the uncle, and I don't think Caitlin's singing partner made it through either. Both Will and Caitlin bounced around with other partners for several week, and the judges eventually paired them together. They were the winners.
    I didn't watch the show, but I did hear an interview with them, so I must have misinterpreted what they said. Thanks for clearing it up.

+ Reply to Thread