+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Johns - Season 7

Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

Having listened to it again, well, it was just as off the second time as it was the first. It wasn't a good vocal & it was a really weird wobbling around dance thingy. He should be safe, but he shouldn't get to secure, cause another week like this one & people are going to begin to doubt him big time.

Having listened to it again, well, it was just as off the second time as it was the first. It wasn't a good vocal & it was a really weird wobbling around dance thingy.
    Thank GOD... I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way (or that there was something wrong with my hearing.) Randy loves to use the word "pitchy"; that's exactly what Michael's performance was last night. Listen close and you'll hear him fall a hair under about every 10th note. Made me cringe at points. If any performance from the night reminded me of a mediocre performance at a karaoke bar, it was this one.

And I don't think the guy is smokin' hot either. But that's just a matter of personal taste.

It doesn't matter... I think all the guys are destined to get demolished by David Archuleta anyway. The kid is freakin' remarkable.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2814111;
    Having listened to it again, well, it was just as off the second time as it was the first. It wasn't a good vocal & it was a really weird wobbling around dance thingy. He should be safe, but he shouldn't get to secure, cause another week like this one & people are going to begin to doubt him big time.
    I agree with you! The difference between 60's week and 70's week was a big step backward for Michael Johns.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

I was not completely impressed with him either week. Last week's performance sounded like what we've heard before, and didn't vary much from the original except that it was not as good. He suffered from the same thing this week. I'd like to see what he can do when it's not a copycat performance.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I liked him during the auditions, but since the start of the 24, not so much. Last night he was ghastly. The prior week, not so great either. Luckily for him, I think others will go tonight giving him an opportunity to get back on track.

My favorite contestant, and I was disappointed last night.

I watched the show on tape yesterday after reading the comments about his performance. I actually didn't think he was that bad. His vocals were good, but the song choice was bad. He was better than a lot of his competition.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2816817;
    I watched the show on tape yesterday after reading the comments about his performance. I actually didn't think he was that bad. His vocals were good, but the song choice was bad. He was better than a lot of his competition.
    I agree......he wasn't THAT bad and was on par with (or better than) the other contestants. But, since he is one of the BEST singers in the competition, I was expecting more.

Last week we heard him sing something he had already done, and then this week his performance was weak, so I think he really HAS to wow the audience next week to keep himself on the top of the contenders list.

I love him and hope he sticks to around to the finale......maybe even win.

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2816817;
    I had the exact opposite opinion, I thought his vocals ruined a good song. He seemed to never hit the pitch. Steeeerike (I'm in baseball mode, spring training is in full bloom).

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2816833;
    I had the exact opposite opinion, I thought his vocals ruined a good song. He seemed to never hit the pitch. Steeeerike (I'm in baseball mode, spring training is in full bloom).
    LOL......but, remember, a batter gets 3 steeeerikes before he's out!

+ Reply to Thread