+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Johns - Season 7

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

He just seems like a laid-back type of personality to me. I don't get the impression that he doesn't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2807716;
    i like him but doesn't it seem like he doesn't want it as bad as some of the other contestants? his excitement level is very low, maybe thats just his personality but it just seems he's just there to get some exposure and doesn't really care about winning either way. i think the winner should be somebody who really really wants it.
    I think it has something to do with the fact that he is the oldest of the contestants. And he seems to be like a laid-back personality so if he's not jumping up and down filled with excitement, that doesn't mean that he's not into this competition wholeheartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2798087;
    "Michael Johns, 28, is an Australian who auditioned in San Diego. Or should we call him Michael Lee? According to two different MySpace pages, Michael Lee was at one time the lead singer of the rock band Film, and later another band called The Rising.

In 2003, The Rising, then signed to Maverick Records, released an album, "Future Unknown." The Rising's page at the Maverick Records web site has recently been taken down".

See AI media thread.
    So that explains why he sounded and looked professional. He has been with 2record labels. One of them from Maverick Records when he was with The Rising. That's a major record label. I did a search on YouTube and listened to his live performances with his previous bands. He sounds really good. However, I don't think this is fair for the other (amateur) contestants. Him, Carly Smithson, and Kristy Lee Cook already had contracts before.

When you're 29, it's a stretch to get excited about an "Up With People" medley of genergic 60's songs. If you're 15-21, a morph of 60's music is new. If you're 29, you know Jimi Hendrix is cool and the Carpenters are not (except the version on the Juno movie soundtrack).

If you don't know what "Up With People" is, please google the boring, Americana, homogenistic half-time show entertainment group of the 1960s-70s. (Sorry, Gonzo, I love you, but ....)

Puhleeeeze, the producers (aka Nigel) need to update the reportoire of the medleys. Or -- hey -- NO medleys at all!

Mike's version of Jim Morrison is edgy and sexy. The kareoke version of the the 5th Dimension is not.
    Last edited by hotlanta babe; 02-25-2008 at 03:10 AM.

FORT Newbie

love love love..love this guy....HOT

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2810996;
    When you're 29, it's a stretch to get excited about an "Up With People" medley of genergic 60's songs. If you're 15-21, a morph of 60's music is new. If you're 29, you know Jimi Hendrix is cool and the Carpenters are not (except the version on the Juno movie soundtrack).

If you don't know what "Up With People" is, please google the boring, Americana, homogenistic half-time show entertainment group of the 1960s-70s. (Sorry, Gonzo, I love you, but ....)

Puhleeeeze, the producers (aka Nigel) need to update the reportoire of the medleys. Or -- hey -- NO medleys at all!

Mike's version of Jim Morrison is edgy and sexy. The kareoke version of the the 5th Dimension is not.
    I beg to differ ... the Carpenters are totally cool. And yeah, the group sings are nothing if not cheesy. But Michael (as well as Amanda, and David C. and any other "hip" contestant) knew what AI was when he signed up for it. I don't think it's too much to ask of him to put a game face on.

This guy is a hunka hunka burnin' love - hot, hot, hot! He has the voice and the idol looks. Hope he wins, if not, at least I have my eye candy for awhile.

he is my favorite.. along with Robbie and Brooke.

his voice just makes me want to drool
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

I don't hold it against him that he didn't look like he enjoyed the group song because my favorite idol ever, Chris Daughtry, was even more stiff. Michael is the hottest idol contestant I've ever seen so hope he goes far!

Michael Johns looks tired and old to me. And so much for consistency!
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread