+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Johns - Season 7

Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

I absolutely adored his performance last night. His voice is amazing and when he sings he makes it look effortless. I tried voting for him last night and at around 9:30 I continued trying and the line was still busy. I bet you he got a lot of votes. Thankfully, I finally got through after trying 10 minutes later. I also had the same problem with David Archuletta, and those two are my favorite guys.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2802944;
    ITA! I think he's one to watch. My worry with him is that later on in the competition people will think he's got enough votes and then he'll be gone. This usually happens with a favorite every year...ie Melinda, Chris Daughtry. One of my few faves from last night. Good way to end the show.
    Agreed. This is going to be the season of "SHOCK" for AI. There is so much established and defined talent, just on the GUYS side alone, that each week it's going to come down to who's getting the votes.

This is going to be a "popularity contest" of epic proportions, and unless all the supporting fans step up and dial and re-dial, there are going to be many quality singers dropping by the wayside week after week.
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

His vocals didn't impress me last night, but I liked his presentation. I enjoy watching seasoned performers - it's what made Bo Bice a pleasure to watch compared with so many AI contestants. I loved his Bohemian Rhapsody, and I'm confident that we'll get more quality performances from him. Unless he fails spectacularly in the next couple of weeks, I'm sure he'll skate into top 5, at least.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I STILL love love love this guy!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Guess I'm on the money with the Vegas odds makers ~ said to my mom during the performance last night, "It might come down to the youngest and the oldest this season".

I've been hearing a lot of tv buzz on him being a "professional" because of previous recordings, but I enjoy listening to him so much that I honestly don't care. I'm not sure why he didn't make it before.....timing, bad management, etc......but, I sure hope he "makes" it this time.
    Last edited by DesertRose; 02-20-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Possible spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2803303;
    I absolutely adored his performance last night. His voice is amazing and when he sings he makes it look effortless. I tried voting for him last night and at around 9:30 I continued trying and the line was still busy. I bet you he got a lot of votes. Thankfully, I finally got through after trying 10 minutes later. I also had the same problem with David Archuletta, and those two are my favorite guys.
    I have never visited this board...I am normally on the bach board. However.....Michael John's voice was amazing. ITA with your post!!! I think it will between him and David Archuletta. Super talented naturals. I think they will smoke the girls.

The only girl that is really good is the Irish chick. The others...we have already seen something like.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2802944;
    ITA! I think he's one to watch. My worry with him is that later on in the competition people will think he's got enough votes and then he'll be gone. This usually happens with a favorite every year...ie Melinda, Chris Daughtry. One of my few faves from last night. Good way to end the show.
    Yes, but look how great Chris is doing. It's better for him that he didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2803351;
    Yes, but look how great Chris is doing. It's better for him that he didn't win.
    I don't see how you can say that. Chris is still signed to the same label/family of labels he would have been signed to if he had won. He would have gotten a bigger upfront if he had won & chances are that he still would have made the same record. He was a much easier genre to record than Taylor was, so I don't think we would have seen much of anything different from Chris & he would still have been just as successful. In My Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2803343;
    I STILL love love love this guy!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Guess I'm on the money with the Vegas odds makers ~ said to my mom during the performance last night, "It might come down to the youngest and the oldest this season".

I've been hearing a lot of tv buzz on him being a "professional" because of previous recordings, but I enjoy listening to him so much that I honestly don't care. I'm not sure why he didn't make it before.....timing, bad management, etc......but, I sure hope he "makes" it this time.
    THANKS DesertRose ~ I didn't know how to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2802862;
    He is going deep into this competition, but I think he is a bit overrated.
    Completely agree. We'll see how he does the next 2 weeks

i think he can be sucessfull wheather he wins the top 12 or not. I think the same thing with Chris Daughtry, he probably would have been just as sucessful or close to it if he would have won, or at leat had a career.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

+ Reply to Thread