+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Michael Johns - Season 7

Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2931151;
    he definitely has a star quality to him that the rest of the guys on ai lack.

this guy has been everywhere! i heard he went to an snl party and did karaoke with ashton kutcher and demi moore, he was also spotted at a US weekly party, he's gotten an offer from David Foster to sing at his concert in Las Vegas. just everywhere it seems! this is the difference between somebody who is going to have a career and going back to anonymity eg david hernandez, chikezie, ramiele
    Boy, I just don't see that at all. He is the latest commondity of the week. He may a better career than the others you referenced, but star the whole "star quality" aspect, for me just isn't there. Afterall, he did lose to 3 of the other guys, two of which I find highly marketable, & 1 of them isn't Archibald.

I think there are some things that sets Michael apart from the other guys but David C, Jason, and David A each have something that their fans love. I think DC and Michael are the ones most likely to do well after but you can't underestimate the tweeners. I asked my boss's 12 yr old daughter who she likes and it's DA and Jason. Michael can sing well in different genres plus he has the looks and charisma that will help a lot in getting a contract and hopefully be a success. It doesn't hurt that he comes across as very personable in the interviews that he's done.

FORT Regular

I am just so sorry he's gone. I think he has the whole package and would have made a great Idol. some of the past winners didn't have the whole package and have not done so well. When someone says something to me about past AI contenstants who may or may not have won the big prize but have won big, I immediately think of Daugherty, Kelly Clarkson and Kerry Underwood. I think Michael may join their rank.

FORT Newbie

There is a major market of "older" Michael John fans out there who watch AI every week and are so disappointed he left so early in the game. We might not be voting the way the younger audience is, but we will certainly be buying his CD. My college age son downloaded all of Michael's songs performed on AI for me (plus Jason's Over the Rainbow). It is terrific and has been played numerous times this weekend. So to Michael, your 40 & 50 something fans are looking forward to your CD.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Michael has what it takes to make it far. It is definitely the mid and/or older Idol fans giving him the recognition to make it really happen for him. I think it was on Access Hollywood, David Foster talked to him about singing somewhere Andrea Bocelli will be. That's what he did for Katherine Mc... too. Talk about getting public exposure

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Carly was talking about how Michael was the clown, the jokester, and how the Idol set seemed kind of lacking something without him there. One of the things that impressed me most about Michael was how down-to-earth and easy going he seemed, much like Bo Bice in Season 4. That's not always the case with really good looking people like Michael, and it made him just that much more appealing. I think that kind of persona will serve him well as an entertainer. It's the kind of thing that would make me want to see him in concert, at least in a small venue, even though he doesn't have the most dynamic stage presence, so far.

Michael is attending the White House Correspondence Dinner tonight as a guest of Tony Kornheiser of ESPN. He was on AI Extra again and also said that the paparrazi followed his wife walking the dog in her pjs and a neighbor saw them up in a tree outside his house. He didn't know why because he says he and his wife are boring, lol.

Michael is getting a lot of celebs telling him he was robbed. He met Rob Lowe and Condi Rice at the dinner and Rob demanded a recount and Condi told him he was robbed or something to that effect. Here's an article that talks about MJ and Dolly, him having offers, and a promotional visit to Sydney. From outhouse to White House | The Daily Telegraph

Lawd a mercy, if you got Condi on your side is that a good thing?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;2957127;
    Michael is getting a lot of celebs telling him he was robbed. He met Rob Lowe and Condi Rice at the dinner and Rob demanded a recount and Condi told him he was robbed or something to that effect. Here's an article that talks about MJ and Dolly, him having offers, and a promotional visit to Sydney. From outhouse to White House | The Daily Telegraph
    I found it thoroughly entertaining to watch Michael arriving at the dinner. Most of the peple who attend the dinner walk right past the red carpet. Even those who do the whole red carpet thing are for the most part not the kind of stars that fans fawn over -- people like Morgan Fairchild, Martha Stewart, etc. They had an area for regular joes to stand in the lobby and watch the arrivals, and for the most part, they just stood there observing. Joel McHale, Martha, Collin Powell, Michael Chertoff, etc would walk by, and they'd just watch. Collin Firth got a little excitement and signed a few autographs. Then Michael Johns comes in, and the place went NUTS. There were all these girls screaming and squealing, and he could hardly get anywhere else because they kept on calling him back for more pictures and autographs. The funniest part was that Michael Chertoff was going through at the same time. You could tell that he thought hte first couple of "michael"s were for him. Then he figured out there was another Michael there, and just kept walking.

+ Reply to Thread