+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 357

Thread: Michael Johns - Season 7

  1. #241
    FORT Fanatic CAdreamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    405

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    Well, last night was disappointing as hell. I'm sad and angry about the way MJ was sent home. I wish him the best.

  2. #242
    Team Carly kwtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    663

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2911395;
    What is the basis of claiming he wasn't the lowest vote getter?
    He was NOT the lowest votegetter--and that's all i will say on the matter. Michael did not receive the fewest votes--

  3. #243
    You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    390

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2911428;
    Yeah, didn't Ryan say explicitly that MJ had the lowest number of votes this week?
    Yes, he did.
    Ryan often skirts around actually stating who the lowest 2 or 3 vote getters are or who got the fewest, but this week he came right out and said it.

  4. #244
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    I just watched a replay of Michael's farewell, and I noticed something about him that really knocked him down a notch in my book. When Simon was making his comments at the end, and said something about the poor song choice, Michael shook his head as if to say "you're wrong, it was the right song to sing". I DESPISE it when any of the contestants meet the feedback of the judges with a "you're wrong" attitude. It's one thing to disagree, or offer an explanation for a choice. But it would serve Michael well to recognize that Simon is driving around in a million dollar car for a reason. Selling out to the music world isn't for everyone, so it's understandable if Michael would choose not to do it as Simon has. But the guy chose to come on the show, seeking support, advice, and guidance from Simon among others for a reason. If he can't be humble enough to at the very least take under advisement the wisdom of a man whose approval he voluntarily sought, then maybe it's okay that he's not on that stage anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2911497;
    He was NOT the lowest votegetter--and that's all i will say on the matter. Michael did not receive the fewest votes--
    Well without an explanation, I hope you can respect my reluctance to believe the claim.

  5. #245
    Team Carly kwtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    663

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2911503;
    I just watched a replay of Michael's farewell, and I noticed something about him that really knocked him down a notch in my book. When Simon was making his comments at the end, and said something about the poor song choice, Michael shook his head as if to say "you're wrong, it was the right song to sing". I DESPISE it when any of the contestants meet the feedback of the judges with a "you're wrong" attitude. It's one thing to disagree, or offer an explanation for a choice. But it would serve Michael well to recognize that Simon is driving around in a million dollar car for a reason. Selling out to the music world isn't for everyone, so it's understandable if Michael would choose not to do it as Simon has. But the guy chose to come on the show, seeking support, advice, and guidance from Simon among others for a reason. If he can't be humble enough to at the very least take under advisement the wisdom of a man whose approval he voluntarily sought, then maybe it's okay that he's not on that stage anymore.



    Well without an explanation, I hope you can respect my reluctance to believe the claim.
    Of course I respect that, just as you can respect that I am not at liberty to say how I know this

  6. #246
    You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    390

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by calamari;2911435;
    Why does there need to be dishonesty in the vote totals for Michael to have been the shocking elimination?

    There are so many factors that can eliminate a competitor even in the absence of his doing anything wrong as a singer and certainly in the absence of cheating. Just a sampling of possible causes:

    --People tune in late and miss the first singer.
    --Casual Michael Johns fans aren't in the mood for "songs that inspire" and don't watch or vote, figuring he's safe to survive past KLC and Syesha.
    --People who were eager to see the show didn't accept his song as "inspiring."
    --People who don't have strong fan loyalties don't see him as "best" for the evening and therefore vote for someone else, even if he'd be their second or third choice.
    --His base of really heart-felt fans (the people who give him the benefit of the doubt and/or who really love what he's selling) is comparatively small and/or not power voters.

    The rules of the show set up these situations where, right about now, singers who don't deliver a large, committed fan base from week to week are "shockingly" eliminated. It's a shock because they were appealing enough to get this far (they do have a significant number of passionate fans, just not the same totals as those who survive), but the producers don't have to cheat to make this happen, as they've designed the show to work this way.
    Yes, and don't forget vote-splitting (fan base splitting) and people focusing their votes on their faves they think are in danger that week, thinking their other faves are safe.

    I will admit I voted quite a few times for David Cook this week and even a few times for Carly because I thought both were in danger based on this week's performance and the judges' comments. I didn't expect Michael to be the one booted, but if I had to make a choice, I'd have chosen to save David.

  7. #247
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2911509;
    Of course I respect that, just as you can respect that I am not at liberty to say how I know this
    If you're not willing or able to say how you know there were voting irregularities then your insistence that there were carries no weight, imo.
    Anyone can claim real world knowledge, but unless they can come through with the evidence their claims have no validity.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  8. #248
    Team Carly kwtaylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    663

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2911517;
    If you're not willing or able to say how you know there were voting irregularities then your insistence that there were carries no weight, imo.
    Anyone can claim real world knowledge, but unless they can come through with the evidence their claims have no validity.
    As I said, I respect your not believing the claim--

  9. #249
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,479

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2911497;
    He was NOT the lowest votegetter--and that's all i will say on the matter. Michael did not receive the fewest votes--
    All Right then.

  10. #250
    Idioteque blue valentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    wishing I was in Ibiza
    Posts
    1,407

    Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2911503;
    I just watched a replay of Michael's farewell, and I noticed something about him that really knocked him down a notch in my book. When Simon was making his comments at the end, and said something about the poor song choice, Michael shook his head as if to say "you're wrong, it was the right song to sing". I DESPISE it when any of the contestants meet the feedback of the judges with a "you're wrong" attitude. It's one thing to disagree, or offer an explanation for a choice. But it would serve Michael well to recognize that Simon is driving around in a million dollar car for a reason. Selling out to the music world isn't for everyone, so it's understandable if Michael would choose not to do it as Simon has. But the guy chose to come on the show, seeking support, advice, and guidance from Simon among others for a reason. If he can't be humble enough to at the very least take under advisement the wisdom of a man whose approval he voluntarily sought, then maybe it's okay that he's not on that stage anymore.
    I have to disagree, at that point he was out of the competition and had just been kicked in the stomach by the producers and the AI machine with the tackiest send off in AI history. That was his moment and i think he truly believes that those type of songs are him so why should he have to pretend otherwise? He probably is pissed off at them trying to tell him who he is when he is a 29 year old man who has struggled in this business for years. At that point it wasn't about helping him it was more like kicking him while he was down, thats all Simon did. He needed encouraging words like Paula had given him not this is why you f'ed up blah blah, that could have been said backstage at a better moment. I'm glad he was defiant and you could sense the anger, frustration, and sadness all rolled into one in his awesome sing out. It was like a big F YOU to all of them.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.