+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Johns - Season 7

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

I agree completely.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah;2844142;
    If he really is a frontrunner, then he shouldn't be based on what I've seen thus far. He seems like a really nice guy with a fairly good voice, but there are far better of the remaining contestants. I can't see him getting past sixth place if things go as they should.
    Agreed. DH was gone all week, so last night we were watching all the performances together. Michael, while a solid performance, it was boring. David Cook, Carly, Chikezie, Brooke were all miles better.

I had such high hopes for Michael, but he has been disappointing.

I think it's too soon to tell. Things change from week to week and depends so much on song choices and performances. David A was and still is the frontrunner but that could change with another bad performance or two. I like David C and think he could go far but am not sure he's going to be another Chris Daughtry. I've heard several of Michael's songs from a previous band and think he has a lot of potential. What he needs is a great song choice this week and he'll be right up there.

i like michael a lot more than david cook. to me he's better looking, more interesting, has got a great rock.soul voice and that accent is kind of hott too BUT david cook has out performed him so far. we'll see if he surprises us the same way chikizie has.

My hope is that Michael takes a chance and brings it this week. I don't think any of them can be content to coast because there are others that are surging ahead.

FORT Fanatic

Best group of guys this year I think. I have liked Michael, David C. and Jason from the get go and each of them continues to grow on me more each week. I think Michael is getting a little bit too much flack though. He was so good during the auditions - they expected him to outshine everyone each week, where I think David C. they weren't expecting as much from etc. Although I continue to grow to love David C. more each week too. Just don't write Michael off yet - I love his voice just as much as David C.'s. if not more. I thought his Beatles song was just fine - sexy and cool - not showy - he doesn't need to be.

He needs to step it up or he'll be in the "kiss of death" Bottom 3.

Come on Mike, show us what you got! (I've seen your kick-@$$ performances thousands of times.)
    Last edited by burntbrat; 03-18-2008 at 11:49 AM.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I didn't think he was awful last night, but again, he was just ok. He's been just ok all season. He'll make it on the tour, but he is in danger of going out very soon if he does not step it up.......

FORT Fogey

He is really good, but I'm starting to get the feeling that he's trying to be what he thinks he's supposed to be, instead of having the confidence to be the good that he is ... if that make any sense. Everytime I hear what song he's going to do, I get so excited to hear it because I think he's going to nail it. Unlike many of the performers the past two weeks, he actually "got" the meaning of The Beatles, and that helps a lot for a performance. But it just seems like instead of letting go and doing it, he's trying to give what he thinks others want.

Total sense!

After five weeks, I feel like I have less idea of who Michael Johns is than I did back in Hollywood Week. If Simon wants a "wallpaper" performance, start with Michael. He's not bad, even when he over-estimates his range, but he doesn't light up a stage with his personality, either. And I don't mean being flamboyant -- some extremely charismatic moments in this season have come from singers who were standing still and not glory-noting all over the place (Brooke's "Let It Be," Jason's "Hallelujah," David Cook's "Hello").

+ Reply to Thread