+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Johns - Season 7

Re: Michael Johns - Season 7

Man, is he on borrowed time.
    He was lucky that some other contestants ran their performance into the wall.

I wouldnt have been surprised at all last night, if he had been one of the bottom 3.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

he has really just not risen to the occasion at all. all of his performances starting from the top 24 have been mediocre. none of his performances have been singled out by the judges as being brilliant or anything of that sort.

which is hilarious because everybody is ready to send ramiele and others home for not living up to their potential yet this guy is still a front runner.

he was one of my favorites going in but he's been blown away by david cooke and jason castro. he might make it into the top 6-7 but wont make it further i'm afraid. he is splitting votes with david cook, and david if he keeps performing like he has been will out last him.

MJ, I don't consider him a front runner. No.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;2840738;
    he is splitting votes with david cook, and david if he keeps performing like he has been will out last him.
    I agree, and find this very unfortunate. I prefer Michael's voice and style to David Cook's, so the vote-splitting is going to hurt the contestant I prefer. However, to be fair to David Cook, he has done an amazing job with his song selection and his performances. I only wish Michael would live up to the pre-season hype and come up with something that blows me away. I may like his voice better, but between the two, I'd have to admit I think David deserves the votes up to this point.

I'm not giving up on him yet, though. I still think he could pull off something spectacular. Maybe he's pacing himself? Unfortunately, it could backfire on his pretty Aussie self if he's not careful...

Mike's voice is better than at least 1/2 the singers left -- he needs to chose better songs if he wants to stay. And, if someone takes your 1st song choice, you have to go to your 2nd ... or 3rd. With a 2nd week of Lennon-McCartney, everyone is going to their 2nd choice (or lower).

Mike -- "LUcy in the Sky with Diamonds"! Seriously. Seriously.

Michael - "The Long and Winding Road"!!!

I still don't see the attraction to this guy either artistically or physically. He always looks two days past his last bath to me, but that's neither here nor there.

Beatles Round 2 Rain

I totally disagree. I loved his performance of Across the Universe and the recording is excellent. I do think he needs another Light my Fire or Bohemian Rhapsody to bump him back up to the top group but much prefer him to most of the top 11. I know a lot of women that love Michael and think he's hot so doubt he's leaving anytime soon.

FORT Fogey

If he really is a frontrunner, then he shouldn't be based on what I've seen thus far. He seems like a really nice guy with a fairly good voice, but there are far better of the remaining contestants. I can't see him getting past sixth place if things go as they should.

+ Reply to Thread