+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking Gun nails Corey Clark

If Corey or Trenyce had to go would they have to be replaced?
    I think it gets annoying when people who failed are brought back.If they are to be replaced who do you think it would be?
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

I didn't mean to say that I thought shop lifting wasn't a crime as I agree, a crime of any sort is indeed a crime.

That being said If I had to make a choice about my son shoplifting something when he was a teen or beating his sister when he was (legally) an adult I would go with option 1.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic
    They would boot Jared and Frenchie but NOT disqualify Corey? These producers sound insane. Well with Corey, I am getting utterly annoyed. It's no surprise he went out and partied and has that "wild side" that Simon was blabbering about...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I think Corey is a horrendous singer and now I also think that of him as a person.

He needs to go...and immediately. I don't care if they replace him , they shorten the series, or they take a week where they don't eliminate anyone....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Trying to punch out your little sister because you are throwing a fit, is way more serious than say posing nude to pay the bills.

OUT !!!!

I actually would like to see him knocked off in typical AI fashion instead of booted off. I would like to know that he lost the competition fair and square instead of having to listen to him and others complain that he wasn't given a full chance.

good point. It would knock him down a notch or two to know that he wasn't liked as much as he thinks he is.

Still think he needs to go though.

Originally posted by cali
    I didn't mean to say that I thought shop lifting wasn't a crime as I agree, a crime of any sort is indeed a crime.

That being said If I had to make a choice about my son shoplifting something when he was a teen or beating his sister when he was (legally) an adult I would go with option 1.
    Here is my problem with the "shoplifting as a teen is not so bad theory"(not saying this is Cali's theory, by far): If you have to hide something then you know it is wrong. If you go so far as to stuff something in a trash bag and throw it in the dumpster only to retrieve it later, then you KNOW it is wrong. She was not a child who simply did not know better. She did it knowing that it was wrong and trying her best not to get caught for something that she knew would be REALLY BAD. She understood it was wrong and did it anyway. That is certainly a crime. She did pay for her crime. That being said; I still do not want her to be the American Idol. That sends a message to our youth that you can do whatever you want and still become rich and famous with no real consequences, just a few speedbumps along the way. That is not what I want my children to learn.

Cali, I agree with you. Certaily Corey's behavior is worse. I do not want him to win either. Not a good message.

Is it unrealistic for me to hope for the Top 10 Finalists to be made of people I would be proud of....people I would want my children to grow up emulating? Maybe so. I will continue to be disappointed with low standards.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I guess I see it from a different point of view.

I did things as a teenager that I knew were wrong. Somethings I got caught for and some I didn't. I still turned out to be a person that I think kids can look upto. Would I want kids (not just mine, but any kids) knowing of all the things I did when I was young and stupid? No. But I turned myself around. Corey may someday turn himself around too (I hope he does), but in my opinion what he did was to recent for a simple apology at this point (not that I've heard one, but I imagine we will). He hasn't had the time to prove anything whereas, in my opinion, Trenyce has.

But I also would like to have the satisfaction of seeing him get the boot the good old fashioned way... cause he sucketh.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread