+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking Gun nails Corey Clark

I wonder how it will affect his votes too palindrome. Will be interesting to see.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I don't think I can stomach Wednesday's show at all, no matter what the outcome.

If Corey gets the boot, then they'll do that montage of his time at AI2- and that'll just make me sick, knowing that all the time he was in the process of dealing with charges for battering his sister and assaulting police.

If Corey doesn't get the boot, then there's just no justice.

I was cool with Frenchie and Trenyce because A) they were both several years ago and B) they didn't directly harm anyone seriously. But Corey and Jaered's cases are totally different. AND apparently Corey didn't disclose this to Fox, or else the producers are nutjobs for allowing him to stay in!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I agree BF, Fox has done a poor job here.

Both Frenchie and Trenyce did tell the producers about their past, I guess time will tell if Corey did too.

I don't think anyone expects people in their early 20's to be "squeaky" clean, but no arrests or convictions would be nice.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-31-2003 at 11:32 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Also, and I may be alone in my thinking here, but shoplifting is a far cry from a physical confrontation with one's sister and then the police.

Add to that, as Aota points out, that Trenyce's shoplifting was a while ago and she "paid her price" for the crime. There really is no comparing the two in my opinion.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    I'm not an expert of criminal background checks, but I do know that because state criminal records are not "centralized" anywhere and that for anything other than federal criminal offenses the search needs to be state by state and can take time. The article states that this arrest was in Kansas, but that immediately before being accepted his residence was in Nashville (Tennessee), so maybe he only gave Fox his Tennessee address and they didn't search Kansas criminal records on him. Not an excuse, mind you, but a little insight. If he signed something that said he'd never been charged or convicted of a felony, he still wouldn't be in breach as this article states it was only misdemeanor charges filed, but if the show required contestants saying they hadn't been charged with any felonies or misdemeanors, then maybe they could boot him for breach of contract if he had in fact lied on the application forms (which may have included a legal duty to update should information change). It will be interesting to see what happens with this.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think a crime is a crime and shoplifting somehow has this status of not really being that bad, as it's not a crime agaisnt a person.

I think what Trenyce did was bad, but as many people have said, she did pay her debt and is taking her life in a positive direction.

Corey seems like monumental loser.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Good point LG.

I know I was surprised to hear that he lived in Topeka, KS at one point.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by cali

I wonder if Paula still thinks he's cute?

Maybe Paula is afraid of him.

I would not be sad to see Cory go. He has shown bad judgement from the start. I think if they boot Frenchie then they should boot all who have this sort of stuff come up. Either a clean sweep or leave them all in. There should be rules about convictions and preshow activities that should be strictly adhered too. Make them known ahead of time. Investigate thouroughly before the finals and make no exceptions. That is the only truely fair way to conduct a contest. Fair is nowhere near AI.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    I just think it shouldn't be a double standard,, if Frenchie had to go for, non idol behavior, then they should all go!

+ Reply to Thread