+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who the judges think could win...

Who the judges think could win...

Another snippet from that article in Entertainment Weekly...

...Simon handicaps the race for me. "You might as well end the competition now," he says bluntly. "You have to put your money on Clay. I just can't see anyone beating him at this point." (For the record, Randy says, "I think Clay may win the whole thing." And Paula won't name names--shocker!--but she has "five or six" favorites.)

FORT Fanatic
    Clay is another Tamyra. I have a feeling he'll be unexpectedly booted without even ever having a history of being placed in the bottom 3 or 2.

I honestly am not a supporter of him winning this competition, but hoping and believing he'll be a huge star. I'd like Ruben to win this, and a dark horse of this competition to take this title is Josh.

I think Ruben could.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I'm going for Josh myself...

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    Trenyce for me.. lol.. but i doubt it, but I think she should be in the last three.

Originally posted by AI Critic
    Clay is another Tamyra. I have a feeling he'll be unexpectedly booted without even ever having a history of being placed in the bottom 3 or 2.
    I really hope that doesn't happen. This kid has unbelievable talent. I'll be really sad if he or Ruben doesn't win.
    *Lacey

i really wonder about simons comments and how much he is trying to control the outcome of the show. he gets to sign the winner but maybe he prefers to have a non-winner he can sign however he chooses. he knows clay will definately sell sell sell albums. and other stuff too. in one way i think it may be good for clay to come in second, because then he will have more choices. (or whomever you are rooting for to win). but then, to be the american idol would be a pretty good career starter. i can't make up my mind! i think paula can't really see the performers for what they are, she is too involved emotionally. that is why she has '5 or 6' favorites. these people are not all at the same level of ability! randy may be suggesting clay because of his enormous popularity. i think he really likes him but from his comments i think he digs trenyce too.

It doesn't matter whether Clay or Ruben win or lose. Either way, I am quite certain they will both get signed by some label and both be around for a while.

Personally I hope the same is true for Trenyce and Kim L.

I think Simon has a point- it's really hard to imagine ANYONE beating Clay, based on his enormous fanbase. I mean, we had to eliminate him from polls because the results for any kind of vote, on overall favorite, voice, looks, personality, accent, personal hygiene, intelligence, whatever- all came out with results like 89% Clay, 8% Ruben, 3% everyone else combined.

That kinda makes for a boring show, since the outcome seems so predictable. That's what I think the real reason was for Frenchie being asked to leave- they didn't think anyone was even near her as far as talent goes, and where's the joy in watching one person cream all the others? I guess they weren't expecting the huge Clay fanbase.

Now Clay vs Frenchie- THAT would be a fascinating top 2 competition!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

PS- I also think this is the reason behind Simon's comment to Clay that he wasn't too impressed last week.

I think he's going to keep looking for negative comments about Clay, because then he can try to create some kind of competition. I'd also expect him to dish out even more praise to the group of next-bests, including Ruben, Trenyce, Kim L, and Josh.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie
    I would go with COreY ClarK!!!!!!!or RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBen
    James Strachan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast