+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who the judges think could win...

Originally posted by fluff
    I know this will be unpopular, but I think the Clay adoration is getting totally out of hand.
    I don't disagree with you there, Fluff...

Fade to black
    Heck, I like Clay and even I get annoyed with some of the adoration (I will admit though, as a watcher of people, it fascinates me how this kid has completely enraptured so many people, and a number of them quite obsessively).
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Yes, I agree with fluff and hazy. I would love to see Clay win, but I'm basing that on his talent and performing skills. At this point, there seem to be a lot of his fans who would still vote for him no matter how he performed. All the "I want to marry him" and "I dream about him" stuff is a little embarrassing. To each his/her own, I guess. I'm not that kind of a fan.

But like hazy said, it's fascinating to watch.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I agree regarding the Tamyra comment...based on last year, Clay is actually in danger I believe. Last week, alot of his fans were disappointed. Even though he sang the song perfectly,it was frankly boring to hear him do the same type of song the same way again.! He needs to wow the crowd and do something different and more exciting. Otherwise, each week he is going to lose more and more votes. No more lullabys Clay!
    What happens is , when a favorite has a week where they don't do as well as the fans expect, the people will vote more for some of their other favorites,expecting everyone else to vote for the favorite. Then they sit there and BOOOO when that favorite gets booted off the show. The Tamyra thing last year was ridiculous.
    People are fickle LOL
    "I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me. "

If he strikes another note like he did at the end of "Somewhere out There" later in the competition, I think he could definitely have problems.
    The more people left in the competition, the more of a "buffer" you have in case of the odd dodgy performance.
    Last year, Tamyra was not at her best when singing the Patti Labelle song and was booted.
    The same could happen with Clay or Ruben this year.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic
    I agree. There's no Kelly Clarkson this year. Kelly took risks in her songs and made them sound fantastic whatsoever. Last season I wanted to listen more and more from her and she just kept raising the game, and the judges loved her!

We're still early in the competition, and Clay hasn't died out yet, but slowly is. Let's hope he can put some variety when it comes to this seasons "complex" themes...

Like Fluff said, I want Ruben to win all the way but it really seems impossible with all the hoopla everyone thinks about Clay. I think he's a little over rated , but with fans voting for the winner, I don't see how he can be beat. Hay....maybe the Tamyra thing will happen to him, I'm kind of hoping for that right now!

Fade to black
    That's OK, some of us think Ruben is a little over rated (I love the guy, but come on, that Sweet Home Alabama song was not "all that")
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

*evil look at evalarue* hehe... Just kidding! I don't think it really matters if Clay or Ruben win, even if they both lost they would still get contracts and that's really the important thing. I mean look at Justin from last season. He didn't win, but he still has an album coming out, BEFORE Kelly's actually.

Originally posted by Palindrome14
    *evil look at evalarue* hehe... Just kidding! I don't think it really matters if Clay or Ruben win, even if they both lost they would still get contracts and that's really the important thing. I mean look at Justin from last season. He didn't win, but he still has an album coming out, BEFORE Kelly's actually.
    Actually, the release date of Justin's CD is now after Kelly's...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast