+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 7 *~*Spoilers*~*

Re: American Idol Season 7 *~*Spoilers*~*

I know someone that made it in Monday's Top 24... but I'm not going to jinx her chances by posting her name out at the moment. I'm just wishing her the best of luck today.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2697356;
    I know someone that made it in Monday's Top 24... but I'm not going to jinx her chances by posting her name out at the moment. I'm just wishing her the best of luck today.
    WOO HOO for you Broadway....best of luck to her.

I've seen other names posted of who is still in the competition but they didn't have myspaces or anything else so I didn't post the names....I may try to go back and list the names.....

**ETA...names of others still in competition**

Abram Young
    Amanda Hecht
    Blaine Center
    Brittany McCreary
    Cambria Jones
    Carroy Bethea
    Courtney Ruffer
    Ddendyl Hoyt
    Drew Emanuel
    Erin Hughes (she went to the auditions dressed as a lobster and sang "Kiss the Girls" from Little Mermaid)
    Janessa Morgan
    Jaron Liclian
    Jason Gillespie
    Kayla Hatfield
    Keira Johnson
    Kristie Johnson
    Leah Guerrier
    Lynn Stafford
    Michelle Ivy
    Mike Acton
    R. Ryan Nelson
    Rachel Meeks
    Rachel Sutliff
    Shanandolan Reynolds
    Shane Clark
    Teresa Anello
    Teresa Wright

I've also read that they did allow instruments and/or singing with a small band during preliminary auditions.
    Last edited by bbnbama; 11-29-2007 at 10:23 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Matt Sato has been eliminated and so has Rachel Wicker. Chase Foster has also been eliminated. Ricco Barrino is still in it.

Thankfully from what I'm reading, the Brittenum Twins are NOT still in it!

Its been confirmed through several sources that there were NOT any group songs.

Ricco Barrino???!!! This may be THE reason not to watch this year. I just can't fathom another screeching Barrino on my TV week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2697945;
    Ricco Barrino???!!! This may be THE reason not to watch this year. I just can't fathom another screeching Barrino on my TV week after week.
    Ah now razor... be nice

Of course, I loved Fantasia but can you imagine the pressure for him to live up to the expectations of being an American Idol winner's brother and trying to compete???? If he was to make it through for the public to vote, there could be a backlash of people who didn't like 'Tasia and they could take it out on him....not exactly fair! We'll just have to wait and see........

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2697976;
    Ah now razor... be nice

Of course, I loved Fantasia but can you imagine the pressure for him to live up to the expectations of being an American Idol winner's brother and trying to compete???? If he was to make it through for the public to vote, there could be a backlash of people who didn't like 'Tasia and they could take it out on him....not exactly fair! We'll just have to wait and see........
    Certainly with her "celebrity" if she so chose to do so she could help him out with an entre into the Industry or at the very least a few contacts. I shouldn't be stuck listening to another one.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Aw now, he may not sound anything like Fantasia. Being related to her could work for or against him. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2613039;
    That is true. So, are you leaning toward the "This show may have played itself out" viewpoint?
    I'm leaning towards that, even though I really love this show. But they're oversaturating the pop market with new people. Maybe if American Idol was only every two years it could stay a bigger deal.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2613578;
    I agree. I'm sick of those "heartbreaking" stories about difficult childhood and terrible parents...

Leave it out.. The contestants should be judged solely based on the talent not the suppy stories they tell..

But you well know.. it will never happened... ratings need "I feel sooo sorry for you" stories..
    I forgot we get AI spoilers. Glad I found this thread. I agree with the above statement. I feel for and admire people who may have had it rough and don't let it stand in their way, but it's stuff we've heard all before and I don't think it should factor into the show. I can't say I'm looking forward to this season for that reason alone.

Regarding last season, I agree with those who say it wasn't them not focusing on the contestants that did it in, it was the contestants themselves. I've been watching some of AI6 on Fox Reality (on Tues. and Wed. for anyone that cares), and I'm scratching my head now more than I was then. I do think many talented people made it through, and rightfully so, but I think there were far more talented people let go. When they had cut to the top 40 and were narrowing to the top 24, I couldn't believe some of the faces that were leaving.

Someone else rumored to still be in the competition.....

Cardin McKinney Link Here

+ Reply to Thread