+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 7 *~*Spoilers*~*

FORT Fan

Re: American Idol Season 7 *~*Spoilers*~*

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2619281;
    while Dallas was the weakest"
    But why do they keep going back every year to TX instead of replacing it w/ an OK, Arizona, or so?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2613018;
    From articles I've read and posted here on FORT, Nigel has said that they were going to try and focus more on the contestants this next year...giving us more backstories and behind the scene looks. That was one of the things missing from S6.
    I read that too. It sounded to me like Nigel thought THAT was the big reason why AI6 didn't do so well. I don't think so at all. It might have been a minor piece of the puzzle, but the talent just didn't do it. We didn't have a good mix.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2613698;
    Link Here

Paula Abdul Dishes on the Idol Auditions
    October 15, 2007

It just wouldn’t be American Idol without a little name-calling from Simon Cowell, now would it?

“He [now] calls Randy and I ‘Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.’ I’m Dee, Randy’s the Dum!” Paula Abdul told PEOPLE over the weekend at Lili Claire Foundation’s 10th Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction.

She says Cowell came up with the unflattering name during the audition process for the show’s upcoming season, which recently wrapped up.

“What’s happening is Randy and I have been agreeing on the talent as he disagrees,” says Abdul. “He thinks we don’t know what we’re talking about, and the truth is Randy and I do know what we’re talking about. It’s Randy and Paula against Simon. I’m on the winning side!”

Despite the teasing, Abdul says that she and Cowell, who have a love-hate relationship, are getting along. “In the past couple of cities we’ve had no arguments. He’s still pestering me like hell, but we get along pretty well.”

Jackson, meanwhile, sums up Cowell’s attitude by saying: “He’s cranky.”

But the bright side is that the audition process has been “really, really good, I must say,” Jackson tells PEOPLE. “You still get the crazy buffoonery going on, but for the most it’s been pretty good. I would say somebody with skin and teeth is definitely going to win!”

And Abdul agrees. “Last season, I’m going to be real honest, I wasn’t as excited, I wasn’t sure, I wasn’t certain. As the season progressed it was fun to see how Jordin [Sparks] really came through, and she’s such an amazing kid. This season the auditions [have] some very, very exciting talent. All different—good-looking kids, crazy kids, great back stories, interesting backgrounds, and kids that really went out there, went out on a unique limb to be different and to capture our attention.”

Still, not everyone is hitting the right notes with the judges, Abdul concedes. “Oh God, there’s going to be one person who’s probably going to have a bigger career than William Hung, let me tell you!” —Jenny Sundel
    Simon has a bit of nerve to be saying that. It took a long time for him to warm up to Kelly Clarkson. He didn't want to put Chris Daughtry nor Taylor Hicks through. If it weren't for Paula and Randy, we wouldn't have had the opportunity to enjoy these talented people.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Rumors and tidbits are starting to pop up out there....people who made it through to the 3 judges, etc....

Rumor has it that the Hollywood rounds start Thanksgiving weekend....

Here are some people rumored to have made it on to Hollywood.....

Heaven help us but I've seen that the Brittenum twins make it through...Why?????
    Brittenum Myspace

Alisha Dixon Myspace

Jason Castro Myspace
    He also has videos up on YouTube...he was in a band called "Keeping Lions" until recently

Jenna Breedlove Myspace Its on private now

Jermaine Paul Website
    Myspace
    Music Myspace
    He has sung backup for Alicia Keys

John Edward Carey, Jr. Music Myspace
    Myspace Set to private

Michael Preston Myspace Set to private

Rachel WickerMusic Myspace

Syesha Mercado Myspace
    Someone mentions on her myspace that they were sorry that the TV show "The One" didn't work out...I didn't watch that...was she one of the contestants on that show?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2613698;
    Link Here

Paula Abdul Dishes on the Idol Auditions
    October 15, 2007

This season the auditions [have] some very, very exciting talent. All different—good-looking kids, crazy kids, great back stories, interesting backgrounds, and kids that really went out there, went out on a unique limb to be different and to capture our attention.”
    Okkk, get ready for tons of tearful stories about difficult childhood and "those pawwents who don't believe in their kids," the pewwwnts in jail," the gwandma who waised me" stories

Yikes!

Brian Miller auditioned again but I don't believe he made it through to Hollywood.... Myspace

Anthony Federov's girlfriend made it past the first round but not sure how much further she made it... Myspace
    Music Myspace

I've heard that Jon Sligh (Chris Sligh's brother) at least made it through the first round....

Matt Sato auditioned again and I think he made it in front of the 3 judges but not sure of how much further he went Myspace

I posted this in the media thread, but this might have been a better place to put it. AI7 will begin with two 2-hour shows on January 15-16.

American Idol

The AI wannabes are back for final elimination cuts. Different things this year....

Today was the first day of cuts. What I am seeing is 160 auditioners total. 80 auditioned on Monday-24 were given a "fast pass" to tomorrow (Thursday). On Tuesday, there were 80 who auditioned again and 24 were given a "fast pass".

Those not given a "fast pass" had to sing acapella today. They cut alot of people today! Looks like they are favoring guys this time...more girls were cut than boys!

They are actually in Pasadena rather than Hollywood right now. Hollywood will be tomorrow and Friday.

They haven't had any group songs and rumor has it that there won't be any....unless those left after the cuts today were told they would do groups tomorrow and then the room eliminations on Friday.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2650400;
    Okkk, get ready for tons of tearful stories about difficult childhood and "those pawwents who don't believe in their kids," the pewwwnts in jail," the gwandma who waised me" stories

Yikes!
    Yeah, get ready for Pickler's effect. Uhhhhh!

Others rumored to still be in the running for AI:

Adam Jasper Myspace

Adrienne Bishop Myspace

Antoria Gillion Myspace
    If I'm not mistaken, she is the one who went into labor while in line/auditioning for AI

Brittany Dumois Myspace Set to private

Chase Foster Website

Jessica Hanner Myspace Set to private

Johnny Escamilla Link Here

Josh Edwards Myspace

Katie LaVente Music

Kevin Boyce Myspace

Laura Montoya Myspace Music
    Myspace Set to private

Leslie Bass Myspace

Stefanie Berecz Myspace Set to private
    Myspace Music

Rumored also to still be in it: (I've already posted their myspaces upthread)
    Brian Miller
    Elisa Rodriquez (Anthony Federov's girlfriend)
    Ricco Barrino (Fantasia's brother)

ETA: I hadn't posted Ricco's Myspace Set to private

+ Reply to Thread