+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 7 *~*Spoilers*~*

Re: American Idol Season 7 *~*Spoilers*~*

I love the country "crap". Its one of the things I like about AI, that they have such a wide range of singers and would hate a season that was all one genre.

That being said, I hope that this season they focus more on the music and less on the personalities or looks.

I also find it hard to believe that out of all the applicants the ones chosen last year were the cream of the crop. Overall they were dreadful, I didn't care if any of them won.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2612998;
    You said it, Bobo. Hopefully the producers realized the error of their ways with AI6. I think they were set on having a female winner, preferably one of color. So, IMO, they probably bypassed a lot of male talent to stack the deck. I have a hard time believe that out of the tens of thousands of men who auditioned, we ended up with the cream of the crop (with very few exceptions). The producers should review their notes from AI5 and give us another good year like that one. The only agenda they should have is to end up with 24 people with talent and some charisma.
    If they pay any attention to the ticket sales for the Tour, then I don't think they can help but realise that they screwed Season 6 from the very beginning. There has been almost no buzz for the album releases of Jordin or Blake or any of the others for that matter. It's not that I think these folks were untalented it's just that there was just too much similarity between them.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

From articles I've read and posted here on FORT, Nigel has said that they were going to try and focus more on the contestants this next year...giving us more backstories and behind the scene looks. That was one of the things missing from S6.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan

"There has been almost no buzz for the album releases of Jordin or Blake or any of the others for that matter"

Well a couple of the people w/ lots of buzz last and past seasons didn't go on to enjoy big sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;2613029;
    "There has been almost no buzz for the album releases of Jordin or Blake or any of the others for that matter"

Well a couple of the people w/ lots of buzz last and past seasons didn't go on to enjoy big sales.
    That is true. So, are you leaning toward the "This show may have played itself out" viewpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2613018;
    From articles I've read and posted here on FORT, Nigel has said that they were going to try and focus more on the contestants this next year...giving us more backstories and behind the scene looks. That was one of the things missing from S6.
    I personally don't care about behind the scenes and back stories. I just want people with talent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;2613533;
    I personally don't care about behind the scenes and back stories. I just want people with talent.
    I agree. I'm sick of those "heartbreaking" stories about difficult childhood and terrible parents...

Leave it out.. The contestants should be judged solely based on the talent not the suppy stories they tell..

But you well know.. it will never happened... ratings need "I feel sooo sorry for you" stories..

I'm actually one of those that happen to like the backstories for the contestants and I especially love the behind the scenes stuff.

But I'd like to see an entire episode of backstories of the Top 12...to make it a little more even......

Link Here

Paula Abdul Dishes on the Idol Auditions
    October 15, 2007

It just wouldn’t be American Idol without a little name-calling from Simon Cowell, now would it?

“He [now] calls Randy and I ‘Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.’ I’m Dee, Randy’s the Dum!” Paula Abdul told PEOPLE over the weekend at Lili Claire Foundation’s 10th Annual Benefit Dinner and Auction.

She says Cowell came up with the unflattering name during the audition process for the show’s upcoming season, which recently wrapped up.

“What’s happening is Randy and I have been agreeing on the talent as he disagrees,” says Abdul. “He thinks we don’t know what we’re talking about, and the truth is Randy and I do know what we’re talking about. It’s Randy and Paula against Simon. I’m on the winning side!”

Despite the teasing, Abdul says that she and Cowell, who have a love-hate relationship, are getting along. “In the past couple of cities we’ve had no arguments. He’s still pestering me like hell, but we get along pretty well.”

Jackson, meanwhile, sums up Cowell’s attitude by saying: “He’s cranky.”

But the bright side is that the audition process has been “really, really good, I must say,” Jackson tells PEOPLE. “You still get the crazy buffoonery going on, but for the most it’s been pretty good. I would say somebody with skin and teeth is definitely going to win!”

And Abdul agrees. “Last season, I’m going to be real honest, I wasn’t as excited, I wasn’t sure, I wasn’t certain. As the season progressed it was fun to see how Jordin [Sparks] really came through, and she’s such an amazing kid. This season the auditions [have] some very, very exciting talent. All different—good-looking kids, crazy kids, great back stories, interesting backgrounds, and kids that really went out there, went out on a unique limb to be different and to capture our attention.”

Still, not everyone is hitting the right notes with the judges, Abdul concedes. “Oh God, there’s going to be one person who’s probably going to have a bigger career than William Hung, let me tell you!” —Jenny Sundel

This was on someone's blog who participated in a phone conference with Nigel which was originally promoting "The Next Great American Band"

Five years ago, 46 people from the Atlanta “American Idol” auditions made it to Hollywood. Only 49 people were even trotted before Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell this year in Atlanta.

Lythgoe said that this isn’t necessarily a reflection of less talent emanating from the auditions. “We’ve been very very picky this year. We’ve just cut out a lot of crazies. The truth is once we have them on tape, we can use them in montages. It seems silly to waste the time of the real judges.”

Of the seven audition cities this year, he said San Diego was the strongest while Dallas was the weakest.

+ Reply to Thread