+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "God Bless the U.S.A."

Oh, I wouldn't kick Collin out of bed for eating crackers, you know what I'm saying?

Gancasz8492@AOL
    The way you guys sang this song sounded great!! Ps. Peace to you all!!

FORT Fanatic
    I thought it was touching. They had rehearsed with Burt on a moving charity record, they face this in the time of war, Julia is sadly eliminated, an unexpected call back to sing again, and all these thoughts to sing a patriotic song. Very dramatic...

Originally posted by maleady33
    I think if Josh does pop with a little country added, he'll do great. But, if he keeps the full-throttle country thing up, he'll get voted off because American doesn't like country.
    What makes you think America doesn't like country?

Re: "God Bless the U.S.A."

Originally posted by Thonolan
    Alright, their first version was great, but that reprise...pretty horrible.
    Its possible that the first version was taped and they were lip-syncing while the second version was actually live. I suggest this because in the Heatwave group song, at one point there was a close-up on Trenyce and she started singing prematurely. Her microphone was clearly dead but you were able to pick us some weak vocals, mostly likely from a stage boom mic.

I really enjoyed the kitschy patriotic-ness of the song. I thought it was sung really, really well the first time and decently the second time. Seemed as though Josh started out a bit off, but recovered well.
    I kind of needed to hear "Proud to be an American [God Bless the U.S.A]"... sometimes, with all the dissent, doubt, debate, you just need to feel good about yourself, your homeland and what-not. The performance (first performance in particular) gave me a momentary sensation of...peace? Yeah. I think. It was nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123