+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: American Idol, Top 10 Results Show: Did America Get It Right?

Reality? Really?
    posted by caligirl
    Whoa! Hold on, wait just a second. Would the directors and camera people have anything to focus on if Kimberley C. behaved in a more toned-down way? Of course not! She knows how to bring attention to herself . . .
    I agree that Kimberly brings alot of attention on herself -- but I think she got the camera time last night because she had the teary reaction that looked the most emotional -- pseudo or not -- and that's what the directors are looking for. Even though I thought Julia's farewell rendition of "Breathe" was just as bad as the night before, I can't believe they went so far as to do a split screen with Kimberly during it. Whether she's genuine or not, she seems to always have the strongest emotional responses, and that's what they want us to see. Aside from the extra camera time Kimberly got last week by breaking into dance, EVERYONE was in tears last week during Charles' farewell song (which I think was genuine, BTW) and got camera time.

My Son, My Life, Steven! LadyJack111's Avatar
    I appreciate your opinion, please appreciate mine. I am not trying to say Kim C. is a victim of anything, if I wanted to use those words I would have. The only thing Kim C. is a victim of is her own actions, words, gestures, etc. Nobody knows if she is being manipulative or inexperienced but her.

The AI people are very manipulative, and want things to go "their way". Anyone who believes otherwise, in my opinion, (and I am not accusing anyone in particular) is naive in their thinking.
    Life is a series of choices.
    Stuggle is optional.

Fade to black
    Have you ever wondered if they force busy signals for certain contestants? A number of people I know said they couldn't get through on Julia's number for over an hour. Makes you wonder a little, and I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories.

P.S. Ladyjack, that is definitely an adorable little boy!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by Azure
    What cockiness ? I haven't seen any sign of that.
    Me either...
    *Lacey

I can't say I have either.
    Clay is quite and enigma to me.
    When I first saw him at the audition stage he looked rather nerdy (not meant as a derogatory term) then he sang and this fantastic voice came out.

He's been amazing me ever since, I think he's a very polished performer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    I also would be happy to see either Clay or Ruben win. At this point, they've been the most consistent performers week after week. Clay has really blossomed from when we first saw his audition. Looks aside, his voice alone was something to be reckoned with back then.

As for Kim C., she doesn't bother me much. Though I don't see her as the eventual winner or 'total package' as Randy does, she has talent...my guess is she'll stick around for at least another two to three weeks (I think Corey, Carmen and maybe Rickey will be ousted, in that order, before her). IMO, her best performance yet was her first, "Come to My Window."

Originally posted by fluff
    When I first saw him at the audition stage he looked rather nerdy (not meant as a derogatory term) then he sang and this fantastic voice came out.
    i remember when he first walked into the audition in Atlanta i totally expected him to be another Edgar or Keith, then I was like- WOW!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Honestly, though! He's this little scrawny nerdy-looking white guy...where does that voice COME from!? That boy fascinates me every week as soon as he opens his mouth to sing. Go Clay
    *Lacey

My Son, My Life, Steven! LadyJack111's Avatar
    Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    P.S. Ladyjack, that is definitely an adorable little boy!
    THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH I AM FEELING THE LOVE FROM THE BOARD FOR MY PRIDE & JOY!!
    Life is a series of choices.
    Stuggle is optional.

No, America did not get it right. I said Julia would get voted off because I figured she would, but hello! Carmen well, uh, sucks! I mean, kick her off. Stop being your goat-bleeting self. But Kimberly C, as always, did awesome and Ricky did awesome. the Final 3 should have been, Carmen, Trenyce, and Josh with Carmen being kicked off.

+ Reply to Thread