+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: American Idol, Top 10 Results Show: Did America Get It Right?

I agree that Carmen is not one of the best on the show, but I have talked to MANY people that do *not* like the sound of Rickey, or Corey for that matter.... so there *is* a chance that she is getting votes because people actually like her better than some that are in the competition now... I agree that last night Julia showed everyone that she did in fact deserve to be in the final 12, that was her best performance.... I think that the next to go should be COREY (HOW is he avoiding this?!) lol I guess we all just have different taste in music, which is why some say his voice is beautiful (I have tried to hear it.. just can't).. In any case, I think that the bottom three are now Corey, Rickey, and Carmen
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

FORT Fogey

A Little Comeuppence for Little Miss Uppity?

I was surprised, but none-the-less happy that Kimberly C. was in the bottom 3. I have not liked her since the beginning. She is toooo fakey & Drama Queen-cheer-leader type. And you can bet your bottom $$ that she was NOT crying because Julia got knocked off. Kim C. was crying because She was in the bottom 3 and that is why all that black mascara was running down her fake little face!
    I could not agree more! Hoping against hope, I thought there was a slight chance that I would not have to put up with that fake Ms. Thing anymore.

Talk about hogging the camera, Kim C. could not be more obvious as she is sobbing and then clutching whoever is next to her. Ultimately, as the loser is singing her Swan Song, she hits her 'mark' center stage! She does this time after time.

To me her voice is brash and although she may be technically good, her demeanor is such a turn-off.

She and Corey need to LEAVE!

My Son, My Life, Steven! LadyJack111's Avatar
    ONCE AGAIN, LOBECK YOU ROCK GREAT JOB!!

I HAVE READ EACH OF YOUR REPLIES, AND I MUST SAY THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOARD! YOU ARE ALL RESPECTFUL, INSIGHTFUL AND REALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY THAT GIVES ME A REASON TO THINK! I REALLY LIKE BEING PART OF THIS GROUP, AND I APPRECIATE YOU ALL GIVING ME A CHANCE TO HAVE MY OWN OPINION WITHOUT BEING DOGGED FOR SAYING IT.

I only want to address one person, Kim C.

I really think this girl is getting some harsh treatment in this competition, on the internet anyway. Either people LOVE her or they HATE her! : I don't get it???

On other message boards (not here) especially the American Idol board, she is getting beat up daily for everything. The clothes she wears aren't right, she is a camera hog, she pretends to care too much, she is too perky, she is to "up" all the time, etc.

Let's just take a second and look at her a different way - Maybe she is the girl we all love to hate? Maybe she is that pretty and talented and cheerful? Maybe she is that nice so we are looking for a reason to put her down? Maybe she is the kind of girl that men would be intimidated to approach? Maybe she cares more about one of her new friends being sent home than she does about her makeup running down her face? Maybe, just maybe, she is all of those things?

If so, why are people taking such a strong stand with her? Why is she either loved or hated? There is no middle ground. Last year Justin was told he had the "X" factor and that he had "IT" and no one dogged him. Maybe she has "IT" too? The camera loves her, is that her fault? If she were in last years competition she would have fit in perfectly with the way she looks, no one would have complained. This year the group is more diversified in their looks, so she stands out by being so pretty. SO :rolleyes:

All I know is what I think, and that is she as good as Kim L. and Trenyce. They all have their strong and weak points. She was way better than Julia (but who wasn't? ) and she knocks Carmen out of the water. I just hope people can back off of this kid and let her have a chance to shine. I think she will surprise us all in the end!

THANKS FOR LISTENING, AND EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY!
    Life is a series of choices.
    Stuggle is optional.

It should have been Kimberly C.'s turn to go home. I don't think she has much talent. All she does is yell. Same goes for Carmen. Cute girls, but that's not enough.

Re: A Little Comeuppence for Little Miss Uppity?

Originally posted by CaliGirl
    Ultimately, as the loser is singing her Swan Song, she hits her 'mark' center stage!
    Okay, I have to admit I thought people were doing a little KimC bashing myself. I mean she really doesn't impress me either way, but I don't think she's the embodiment of evil either. Then, last night, as Julia was closing out her song, in essence saying so long, farwell to American Idol (until the tour starts rehearsal), getting the tight shot all to herself, who squeeeeezes into the upper right hand corner of my tv screen, mascara a-running down her cheeks? I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but she is reffered to as KimberME on another site.
    I still don't think she's the devil, but she always ends up in the shot, doesn't she? That's gotta be more than mere coincidence.
    Do something everyday that scares you.

I hear you Cabbie, but since when is she the director of American Idol? I mean, am I the only one who knows its not up to her how much camera time she gets? Isn't there a director in the booth saying who the camera's should be on?

Some things are out of her control, and she doesn't get a break.
    Stuggle is optional.

Everyone is saying that Kimberly is either loved or hated, and that there is no in between... well... I am the in between! I do not hate Kimberly, and I *do* think that she was out of line jumping into Charles' last song, but I agree... SHE is not the one telling them to put the cameras on her... the director or producer, or whoever makes the calls, is obviously telling them to put the camera on her... I think she gets a lot of flack just for being pretty, and confident. I do not think she is the best in hte competition, but she certainly is not the worst...
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

OMG, LadyJack...your son is SO adorable!!! YAY!

That was very well put about Kim C- I agree and mentioned somewhere on one of these threads that the editors/cameramen/producers are just as much to blame for putting the camera on Kim all the time because she has the "look".

I'm totally with Gizmo82- I'm totally in between about her. I do think she's a bit of a spotlight-stealer, but that doesn't make her the devil incarnate. I think she is talented and does deserve to be in the top 12. I think she performs and sings well, but has stuck with very simple songs so far. I want to see her take some big risks, like Clay, Trenyce, and Kim L have done.

Same with Ruben. I want to see him take a big risk. And if he ends his next performance with the same "Oh, Yeah", riff, I'm never voting for him again!
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Aota Bass - Thanks for the compliment on my guy, I think he is the best!!

Your points were well taken, I would love to see Kim C. dress down and tone down the showmanship and just sing a really good song, that would be nice for a change. It would be refreshing.

When Kim L. first started, with the whole "Simon, I used to think you were sexy and now you suck" thing, I was thinking here we go again. But she really has taken her "big" personality down a peg or two (some good advice perhaps?) and I have liked her more and more each week.

Thanks again for the compliment, I am pretty proud!!
    Stuggle is optional.

FORT Fogey

Ready for my close-up, Camera!

Whoa! Hold on, wait just a second. Would the directors and camera people have anything to focus on if Kimberley C. behaved in a more toned-down way? Of course not!

She knows how to bring attention to herself and proceeds to do so knowingly and willingly. Please do not make her out to be a victim! That is just laughable.

I don't hate her, nor am I jealous of her, but I do find her irritating because she is so darn OBVIOUS in what she is trying to do.

+ Reply to Thread