+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: American Idol, Top 10 Results Show: Did America Get It Right?

I was surprised, but none-the-less happy that Kimberly C. was in the bottom 3. I have not liked her since the beginning. She is toooo fakey & Drama Queen-cheer-leader type. And you can bet your bottom $$ that she was NOT crying because Julia got knocked off. Kim C. was crying because She was in the bottom 3 and that is why all that black mascara was running down her fake little face!
    I hope Clay improves on his cockiness that he has acquired ever since Simon said he would definitely be "the one" to compete against. Cause I like Clay. Also, Ruuuuuben and Josh. I like the ones the best who are real down-to-earth personalities as well as being talented.
    Just my cheap two cents worth!!

Beautiful, Beautiful Boy! Azure's Avatar
    What cockiness ? I haven't seen any sign of that.
    Sail-on Silver Boy! Your time has come to shine!

Reality? Really?
    posted by evalaruefan
    Something I don't like with this is that some people are calling up to 400 times after a tuesday show to vote for their favorite. If that's the case, the winner of this competition will be based on who's fans got through the phone lines faster.
    posted by ilean4clay
    For some others, like Josh this week, there are no busy signals. 400 calls can only help someone like that stay around another week. Hmm, maybe *that's* how Corey and Carmen are lasting.
    That's precisely what is happening, IMO. Contestants with more talent are ending up in the bottom 3 and being eliminated before contestants with less talent. Neither Charles nor Vanessa should have been eliminated in the first two weeks; however, I am not at all disappointed to see Julia go this week -- I do think she deserved her bottom 3 placement in all three weeks and, obviously, the blind loyalty votes were not enough to keep her.

I didn't necessarily agree with Kim C or Rickey being placed in the bottom 3 over Corey and Carmen, but I wasn't really disappointed to see them there, either. After Week 3's performances, I think pretty much everyone but Kimberley Locke was in a pretty close race for the bottom 3! But, as I've said before, Carmen and Corey have clearly overstayed their welcome and should never have been invited to the party in the first place.

I noticed that Ryan only said that millions of votes were dialed in this week, instead of the 13-14 million they usually proudly proclaim. I'll bet voting was down considerably this week.

Multiple calling does create skewed results.
    The producers of the show don't care as they use the number of calls received as an indication of how popular the show is.

If you like a contestant, don't assume they'll get through would be my comment. If you intend to vote, do so as many times as possible as there might be a Carmen or Corey fan determined to call through as many times as possible.

I can remeber people on the official site claiming as many as 1000+ calls for their favourites last year.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by Pabby
    I noticed that Ryan only said that millions of votes were dialed in this week, instead of the 13-14 million they usually proudly proclaim. I'll bet voting was down considerably this week.
    I couldn't agree more. Fox likely didn't have as great a number of votes than previous weeks, probably because of this week's weak/boring performances and the state of the nation. Carmen seems like a nice girl, but she honestly is out of her league being among the Top 9, let alone the Top 12. Though Nikki McKibben was not a favorite of mine on Idol 1, at least she could sing her particular music niche pretty well...the same cannot be said for Carmen.

The thought of multiple calls/votes into the hundreds just to save a mediocre contestant is unfair to those who are more talented. I really like Ruben and Clay, but if they start screwing up, I couldn't in good conscience continue to vote for them. :O

I thought it was weird that Kimberly C was in the bottom 3, the judges had really liked her, so she must have a lot of haters out there due to her spot light hogging. I was a fan of Kim C at first, but that has gotten way old, and she seems so fake at times. Never know if it might be genuine or not.

I liked Julia, i thought she was sweet. Maybe a little nervous up on stage which hurt her a lot, I notice at sometimes she shook, and her voice was a little shaky.

I do think Corey deserved to be down on that bottom 3 over Kim C though (or Julia or Ricki for that matter) His voice does nothing for me. I think the reason he has kept on for so long is that the girls like him think he is cute (i dont see it, personally he looks like a poodle to me) And he hams up to the ladies of the crowd.

As for Carmen, i think she could have been down there too in any of there places. She is sweet, a good singer but not as good as the rest. But hey thats my opinion

I was shocked to see Rickey in the bottom three. I can't believe I have to listen to COREY sing AGAIN!

I don't know how Carmen stays out of the bottom three every time. I like her better than some of the people on this site, but she's just got to be down there on the bottom, wouldn't you think? I don't think she should be in the final four or five, she's just not that good. If it's not Clay, Ruben, Trenyce, and Kim L. at the end, I will be really disappointed.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

If Carmen sticks around much longer she'll get MASSACRED by Trenyce, Clay, Kim L, Ruben... Otherwise we could see another injustice like Tamyra's! I really hope she goes soon, her talent does not merit her position in this group of Uber-talented people.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

I'm almost sure Carmen will be in the bottom 3 next week, she doesn't have it. It'll probably be her, Corey and ? (no idea yet,let's see the performances first!) I don't mind if Clay advances a bit but I don't want him to be the next American Idol. This is just my opinion, please don't attack me! I would love to see Ruben win, he's got the "package".

Fade to black
    That's OK, I really don't want Ruben to be the next American Idol. All's fair in love and war, right? I like Ruben, great voice, wonderful personality, but he's not for me. I sooooo don't think he has the "package", to me he's even more one dimensional than Clay (I was not impressed with his Sweet Home Alabama, I thought Clay's one up tempo song was much, much better). But if either Clay or Ruben wins it, I'll be happy. I think I'd be disappointed if it was any one but those two.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

+ Reply to Thread