+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Themes and "Celebrity Judges"

How about Josh singing "In the Navy" by the Village People?
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Hahahaha!!!

Originally posted by pepper
    Didn't Kimberley Locke and Frenchie do a duet together and if they did, was it I Will Survive or Band of Gold?

They did a duet of "Band of Gold".

Sleeping with George W
    If Ruben does NOT do a Barry White song, I'll cry!

And another great Village People song for Josh would be Macho Man

My picks (which duplicate some others on here) are:

Rickey - You Sexy Thing
    Julia - Gloria
    Carmen - If I Can't Have Youuuuuuuu
    Kim L - Last Dance
    Kim C - either Call Me or Hot Stuff
    Josh - Rock Me Baby or Macho Man
    Trenyce - Don't Leave Me This Way or I Will Survive
    Ruben - Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby

Clay is the hardest one. I keep hearing him in my mind singing girl songs ... Heaven Knows, When Will I See You Again, etc. He could also do a Barry White song, My First, My Last, My Everything would be good ... but I'd hate to have to compare him to Ruben on that score. What's a good disco ballad for Clay?

Fade to black
    I was bored, so I decided to do a whole lame post on my disco speculations, complete with pictures.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by Eden
    I still say Josh should do Disco Duck.

Thank you! If you hadn't said this I would. What disco night would be complete without Disco Duck?

I decided to bust out some of my disco music and see if anything came to mind listening to it...

First off, Josh really should go with Disco Duck...Lol...I haven't really heard a song except for that one that when I hear it I think he could sing it...

I'd like to see Kim C do "If I Can't Have You"...

I could see Corey Clark doing "Stayin Alive". I really don't want him to buther a Bee Gees song...but "Stayin Alive" is my least favorite. I could also see him doing "Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)" by the Jacksons.

Maybe Rickey could do "Strawberry Letter 23" by The Brothers Johnson or "And the Beat Goes On" by the Whispers.

Another possibility for Ruben is "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" by McFadden and Whitehead.

Trenyce and Kim L should have a pick of a lot of great songs. Everything by Donna Summer..."Heaven Knows", "Hot Stuff", "Bad Girls"...the list goes on and on...and also, there's Diana Ross and "I'm Coming Out" or "Upside Down". I would really like to see Kim L do "He's the Greatest Dancer" by Sister Sledge...

I've been trying to think of songs that would suit Clay. I could see him doing "Relight my Fire" by Dan Hartman, "Boogie Shoes" by KC and the Sunshine Band and actually...I would really really enjoy it if he did "Makin' It" by David Naughton...

As you can see, I'm really getting excited about the disco theme...and I was bored tonight...lol...

How about...

Clay - Kung Fu Fighting - Clay's voice has the same presence as Tom Jones (though they don't sound alike) who also did a cover of this song. Nobody would expect it, and who doesn't like "Kung Fu Fighting"?

Originally posted by JustJoe739
    Is "I Will Survive" (that one hit wonder but I forgot who sang it, sorry I didn't live in that era) a disco song?
    If so I think Trenyce or maybe.. maybe.. taking a long stretch here.. maybe Kimberly Locke. I think that song would be great some girl, prolly Trenyce though.

Wow! Please tell me that you were joking with that post... or else... well.... WOW! In any case, "I will survive" *is* a disco song, by Gloria Gaynor... and I don't think she would be a "one hit wonder", not in my opinion anyway, she actually released a CD last year, and one of the songs "I never knew" is fierce As much as I *do* love "I will survive"... I am *really* hoping that no one sings it... it just sounds too kareoke(sp?) no matter who is singing it, last season Alexis sung it, and did fantastic, but it just sounds kareoke I'm also hoping that no one opts for "It's raining men"... I was so dissapointed in Kelly for doing it last year, the ONLY version I have liked of that (other than the original weather girls of course) is Geri Halliwell (not sure if that is how it is spelled... ginger spice is easier)... it was great!

FORT Fan
    Clay doing play that funky music would be hilarious!
    And josh doing anything disco would be funny too!

+ Reply to Thread