+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Themes and "Celebrity Judges"

Originally posted by lobeck
    Would love to hear one of the guys try to sing "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)"...
    Haha...I could picture Corey doing that Sylvester's "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)".

Hehe...Carmen could sing "Dancing Queen"...Young and sweet, only 17...That could suit her.

I liked the idea of Rickey doing an Earth, Wind, and Fire song. I think he'd do very well with one.

FORT Newbie
    I think Ruben can sing a Barry White song like "Can't get enough of your love, Babe" or "My First, My Last, My Everything" (not sure if those are the right titles)

I'd be neat if someone sang Marvin Gaye's "Gotta Give it Up Part 1" (maybe Rickey?) and "Play that Funky Music White Boy" ( Josh?)

:cool:

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    Is "I Will Survive" (that one hit wonder but I forgot who sang it, sorry I didn't live in that era) a disco song?
    If so I think Trenyce or maybe.. maybe.. taking a long stretch here.. maybe Kimberly Locke. I think that song would be great some girl, prolly Trenyce though.

zan
    Clay - Copacabana, Barry Manilow
    Ruben - Honey Please Can't Ya see, Barry White
    Trenyce - I will Survive, Gloria Gaynor
    Rickey - How Deep Is Your Love, Bee Gees
    Joshua - Rock Your Baby, George McCrae
    Carmen - Dancing Queen, Abba
    Kimberly L. - Hot Stuff, Donna Summer
    Kimberly C. - Shake Your Groove Thing, Peaches and Herb
    Julie - Turn The Beat Around, Vicki Sue Robinson
    Corey - The Hustle (limited singing for obvious reasons) :rolleyes:

FORT Regular
    Anything Donna Summer for sure. "On the Radio" for Trenyce or Kim Locke. Can't remember if "Reunited" (Peaches & Herb) has already been suggested, but that might be a good one for Rickey. I'd love to hear Clay sing "It Only Takes a Minute (To Fall in Love)" by Tavares.

FORT Fan
    Corey: "You Make Me Feel Mighty Real" -- Sylvester; "Stayin' Alive" -- Bee Gees; "Night Fever" -- Bee Gees

Clay: "Born To Be Alive" -- Patrick Hernandez; "Situation" -- Yaz; "Rock The Boat" -- Hues Corporation

Julia: "On The Radio" -- Donna Summer; "Gloria" -- Laura Branigan

Trenyce: "Doctor's Orders" -- Carol Douglas; "Come To Me" -- France Joli

Josh: "How Deep Is Your Love" -- Bee Gees; "It Only Takes A Minute" -- Tavares

Ruben: "Disco Inferno" -- The Tramps; "I Love Music" -- O'Jays; "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine" -- Lou Rawls

Kim Caldwell: "If I Can't Have You" -- Yvonne Elliman; "Come To Me" (if not performed by Trenyce); "Gloria" (if not performed by Julia); "The Winner Takes It All" -- Abba (hope it doesn't come true, though)

Carmen: "Last Dance" -- Donna Summer; "Dancing Queen" -- Abba

Kim Locke: "Don't Leave Me This Way" -- Thelma Houston; "Shame" -- Evelyn Champagne King; "The Winner Takes It All" (if not performed by Kim C)

Rickey: "Rock Your Baby" -- George McCrae; Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" -- Tavares; "You Dropped A Bomb On Me" -- Gap Band

JULIA should not sing "Turn The Beat Around" -- It's too hard, and no one can come close to Vicki Sue Robinson.

I would be very strangely overjoyed if Clay sang "Play That Funky Music, White Boy."

And, someone someone must sing "Tell Me Something Good."

I can picture Kim C singing Earth Wind & Fire's "Shining Star."

FORT Fan
    Didn't Kimberley Locke and Frenchie do a duet together and if they did, was it I Will Survive or Band of Gold?

Either way, I think disco is a great format for Kimberley L, since she can really belt a song.

I agree- I think Kimberley will blow us away next week. I would LOVE to hear her sing "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston! That would be perfect!!!! Trenyce should definitely do well with this theme, especially if she goes with a Donna Summer song.

I would also love to hear one of the ridiculously high men (Corey, Rickey) sing "Heart of Glass" by Blondie. Hee hee. Another amusing thought is Carmen singing "Love to Love You" by Donna Summer (imagine the vibrato on those climaxes).

I think Kimberly C could pull off I Will Survive. I'm not sure how well suited to disco Ruben and Josh are, but I'm sure they'll be impressive.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Is that song "Let's Get it On" considered disco? If so Ruben would go to town with it!

I think that Kim L. is going to surprise people next week. I think that she's fantastic and has been highly under-rated throughout the competition. Yes she sang the same song over and over again, but does anyone remember her duet with Frenchie? They did "Band of Gold" together and blew the roof off! You all should download it from Kazaa... I guarantee that you'll all be surprised to hear that it's her during the first verse.

I still say she'd do a fantastic rendition of "It's Raining Men" or "Last Dance" (Donna Summer)

+ Reply to Thread